Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    The problem is likely your card reader. Make sure is is rated correctly for your card, specifically if you are using the SDCard adapter. I had to buy a newer card reader as my old one was not Fat32 compliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Has anyone else had trouble with your card being recognized by a card reader? My card works fine in my Treo, and I can transfer using the CardReader program, but neither of my card readers will work, which is a shame, since that's much faster.

Thanks!
    I just tried to connect my new card using my card reader and I get this error when I try and access it:

The request could not be performed because of an I/O error
    I'm not about to put this card into my phone if it doesn't work connected to my computer. The adapter that it came with won't even stay in the reader, I had to use my old adapter.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    if its a SDHC card which im guessing it is your normal card reader wont work. It has to be a SDHC compatible reader in order for it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    if its a SDHC card which im guessing it is your normal card reader wont work. It has to be a SDHC compatible reader in order for it to work.
    I'll try that, thanks. I didn't know there was a difference in readers.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I'll try that, thanks. I didn't know there was a difference in readers.
    I didn't either. I just bought an SDHC reader from Staples for less than $15, and all is well!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I didn't either. I just bought an SDHC reader from Staples for less than $15, and all is well!
    Good to hear that all is well now with yours. Well, I just bought this one, thought the price was good.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250195987685
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Good to hear that all is well now with yours. Well, I just bought this one, thought the price was good.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250195987685
    Here was the one that I picked up at Staples:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Q3IUV2/ref=pd_cp_e_2?pf_rd_p=250314601&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000HDQ2G6&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0XN9TA0Z4WZE5SY1H742
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I've had pretty good luck with ordering online lately.

But I ordered my 4GB card from buy.com on December 2.

Tracking shows that, because I got free shipping, it was sent by US Post via UPS. They have some kind of arrangement.

The post office here in Chicago got it on December 3rd and I was like, wow!

Then it never arrived.

Buy.com told me by phone today that I can't file a claim until tomorrow since shipping this way is 7-9 days.

Pretty obvious that a package that landed at a Chicago post office that doesn't get to a Chicago address in 10 calendar days ain't coming.

Sigh.

It seems that whenever I try to be patient, I get done over.

I thought something was wrong days ago.

Buy.com is saying that I can file a claim with them tomorrow and then they will file a claim with the post office and I'll have to wait 5 days to hear something.

Luckily, I only paid $14 with google shipping.

But I would have paid more to have avoided the hassle.

Think I'm done with these guys.

And yes, I know that the problem here is probably the post office. But Buy.com's customer service is sorely lacking.
    I had a huge problem with Buy.com in the spring when they did a bait and switch on me that they would not resolve. If you look here you will see how really nasty they can be to deal with. http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Buy

No matter how good their deals are I will never deal with them again. The problem is likely Buy.com, not the post office.
    Yikes. If I had seen that first...I probably still would have taken the chance at this price.

But having done so, I won't do it again.

I've already spent way too much time checking the mailbox, checking email, calling customer service, etc., on this issue.

It was obvious in my phone conversation with CS that they aren't going to resolve it.

They'll never see me again and I just thank heaven that I'm not one of those people complaining about $300, $500, $800 orders that never arrived or arrived damaged.
    I got mine really fast.
    I agree Chris. No price they could now offer would tempt me to deal with them again. I did learn one thing though- I now check out anyone new before I deal with them. While they don/t mess up every order their performance rating looks really bad.
    Ouch those were some really bad reviews.. we all seem really lucky that we got it at all it seems. I got mine in a day from the time it shipped but I only live an hour from their wherehouse in California.
    I ordered the 4GB Kingston card from Buy.com and it already puked on me. It started acting funny, indicating that there was no memory left when 2/3 of the card should have been empty, and now it's unreadable on my 755p and in two different cardreaders. I contacted Kingston and requested a RMA number.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteWill View Post
    Buy.com is running a 4gb Class 4 Kingston for $24

http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston-4gb...205728879.html
    Do you have to buy a Kingston-branded card reader to transfer info to the card? I bought a Transcend mini-SD card and tried to read it through a Crucial card reader, but it didn't work (on a Mac, that is).

Is there an all-brand card reader out there?
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    ^No, but you do have to have a card reader that supports SDHC cards - any brand should do. I don't think that there are any cards that are card reader specific only to their brand.
    damn, I've always had good luck with buy.com I just ordered a fm transmitter last week, it arrived in 2 days
    HTC Touch Pro
    its a hit and miss sometimes with buy.com. I actually just had one bad shpping experience with them. other than that, free shipping arrived in 3-4 days

I hope i have better luck on this card this time. I have just bought it again and decided to use my $15 coupon with this card... ended up spending $8.50 for this 4gb card.. not bad

was struggling for a while if i was gonna get this or the 6gb card... i already have 4gb but need more memory.... ultimately the lower price won me over...

maybe when the 8gb card comes down in price that would be my next memory upgrade
    Hello all,

I took the jump and ordered those 4G card (buy.com) I also used Google checkout (thanks for the tip!) I still fork out $12 for shipping (second day) but the discount basically paid from shipping which is very cool!

I will post what I think when I get my new baby (755p VZ) and the card.

Cheers.

Mo.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoKoni View Post
    I ordered the 4GB Kingston card from Buy.com and it already puked on me. It started acting funny, indicating that there was no memory left when 2/3 of the card should have been empty, and now it's unreadable on my 755p and in two different cardreaders. I contacted Kingston and requested a RMA number.
    A follow up to my previous post:
    I sent my defective card to Kingston on 12/18 and received a brand new one today - Christmas Eve - via FedEx overnight. It's working fine so far. I am impressed by Kingston - I didn't expect to receive my replacement so quickly. I sure hope this one keeps working.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast