1.    #1  
    If you want to maximize your battery life.
    When you exit chatter Email, make sure you use "Shutdown ChatterEmail" option. Otherwise Chatter will keep operating in the background.
    My setting is Gmail IMAP , manual sync.
    can you get alittle more technical
    <a href="http://www.tmicell.com/?aid=22671">Deep Discounts and Great Selection on Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint/Nextel</a>

CENTRO FREE w/new contract!! Free Shipping

<a href="http://www.tmiwireless.com/affiliate/?aid=22671">Join the tmiWireless.com cell phone affiliate program and earn excellent commissions on 2 tiers. You get a free personalized website, 24/7 statistics and reporting, and residual income on some products.</a>

http://www.famouswireless.net
    Well, there's a whole lot more you can do with Chatter configuration to save power without completely shutting it down. But there have been so many threads about that already that I would first suggest a quick search through the forums. The issue is hardly specific to the Centro.
    Actually to run chatter all day long and conserve battery live, i have all my mailboxes in offline mode and have it set to update them every 15 minutes. Then I have the option set to shut chatter mail down at 10pm and fire it back up at 8am to further conserve battery power.
    Quote Originally Posted by icesalmon View Post
    If you want to maximize your battery life.
    When you exit chatter Email, make sure you use "Shutdown ChatterEmail" option. Otherwise Chatter will keep operating in the background.
    My setting is Gmail IMAP , manual sync.
    Agreed. Chatter will burn 2-3% per hour with no autosync/wireless activity/backup whatsoever. Turn Chatter off, the battery will burn down about 1/2% per hour.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    Quote Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
    Agreed. Chatter will burn 2-3% per hour with no autosync/wireless activity/backup whatsoever. Turn Chatter off, the battery will burn down about 1/2% per hour.
    Well, sure... if I let my Treo sit there like a Palm III and just be a PDA, it's battery will last a very long time indeed. I could also cover all my furniture and the inside of my car in plastic. I just need my Treo to do more than that. It's a question of balancing function needs with power consumption.
    Hey . . . most of us cover our Treos in plastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    Well, sure... if I let my Treo sit there like a Palm III and just be a PDA, it's battery will last a very long time indeed. I could also cover all my furniture and the inside of my car in plastic. I just need my Treo to do more than that. It's a question of balancing function needs with power consumption.
    For information, and out of interest, I was simply reporting the effect of Chatter and its relationship to battery drain. Try turning off the radio in your Centro. The battery will last for two weeks.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010