Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lightspeed causes my fonts and graphics to be muddled. It happens when I have most apps selected at a slower speed with some (camera, camcorder) set at normal. The slower speed I use is just one notch lower in the normal's bus speed. I use Initiate and butler. Both are set to normal. When I power on and off, I see my wall paper distorted already. When launching messaging, my fonts are distorted as well.

This does not happen when I have all apps in just one speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Lightspeed causes my fonts and graphics to be muddled. It happens when I have most apps selected at a slower speed with some (camera, camcorder) set at normal. The slower speed I use is just one notch lower in the normal's bus speed. I use Initiate and butler. Both are set to normal. When I power on and off, I see my wall paper distorted already. When launching messaging, my fonts are distorted as well.

This does not happen when I have all apps in just one speed.
    Which exact setting are you using (Bus/CPU)?
    <a href="http://www.clievideo.com/images/devices.jpg">My Palm OS Garnet and Cobalt devices.</a>
    Speed up your Treo/Centro with <a href="http://www.clievideo.com">Lightspeed!</a>
    195 1.5 292 This setting is for all

For apps such as nexter, cmaera, camcorder, pictures, resco image : all normal

Idea is to have lower battery consumption.
    Any update on this?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I've been trying out a similar setting. I have all apps as 195 1.5 292, with the exception of Blazer, Google Maps, and LJP set to highest, and QuickNews set one notch higher instead of lower. I don't get any distortion in my screen.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    I've been trying out a similar setting. I have all apps as 195 1.5 292, with the exception of Blazer, Google Maps, and LJP set to highest, and QuickNews set one notch higher instead of lower. I don't get any distortion in my screen.

It happens to me after I power down and power on again
    Gerome,

Do you save battery now that you have slowed down most apps?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    While I haven't tested how accurate Power Hero is with guessing my average use left. It is reporting that I have about 13 hours or use, instead of 12 like it usually does.

I forgot to mention that I also set pockettunes and audible as my other exceptions, with the two apps set for two notches lower (one notch lower than the majority of the programs)

I'll experiment further later on, to see how far I can take everything, but with just that exta hour of estimated power, that's pretty good.

Edit: If that's true. I really need to keep a record what it tells me at what percentages, or do a true side by side test with a mix of something like, one hour with pockettunes, one hour with audible, some internet surfing, an hour with ereader on autoscroll, etc. I know I said "pretty good" but a full hour for just one notch down... that can't be right. But we'll see.

(And now that I said that, I do see a slight color distortion in eReader)
    Last edited by Gerorne; 05/22/2008 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    195 1.5 292 This setting is for all

For apps such as nexter, cmaera, camcorder, pictures, resco image : all normal

Idea is to have lower battery consumption.
    That setting is so close to the default 208/312 one that even though you would see a slight improvement in battery life, I would recommend using a setting further from the default one for better battery life.

Settings that I recommend for this:
    104/104
    104/156
    104/208
    208/208

I am using the 104/104 setting for apps that I underclock.
    <a href="http://www.clievideo.com/images/devices.jpg">My Palm OS Garnet and Cobalt devices.</a>
    Speed up your Treo/Centro with <a href="http://www.clievideo.com">Lightspeed!</a>
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I do use PocketTunes and Audible a lot, I should probably lower their settings more. I only slightly lowered it, because it can't stream internet radio well with the settings low.

However, I don't actually stream internet radio much, maybe down the line if I ever use it more often, I'll raise it back up.

Although I do constantly have pockettunes or audible playing in the background of other applications. Setting the other applications too low, while either of those apps are running in the background also causes problems for me. I'll test how far I can push those other apps, but that's the reason I can't set a lot of them to the lowest setting.

what is overclocking?
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    what is overclocking?
    It increases the processor speed so things (applications etc) generally run faster. This can cause the battery to drain quicker though.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12