1.    #1  
    All,

About three weeks ago, for unclear reasons, my Palm Quick Install failed to install any new items. I am running Windows XP Pro with Office 2003 and have been having no problems. So far ALL conduits work including Ultrasoft Money, all calendar and contacts and others. The only common denominator is the lack of install with Quick Install. A quick search here revealed no posts and a broader web search revealed several with this problem on 1Src. To my surprise there were no answers offered.

Everything placed in the Quick Install destined for either the memory card or main phone memory is left there after the sync. NOTHING is installed. When I use a Palmsource installer it appears OK but any other installs are simply not performed. I have gone to Programs->Palmone and cleared out the appropriate folders and synced with nothing for install and then tried to add the files and am again faced with failure.

Any and all comments or suggestions to remedy this siduation would be GREATLY appreciated.

Regards,

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCJ View Post
    All,

About three weeks ago, for unclear reasons, my Palm Quick Install failed to install any new items. I am running Windows XP Pro with Office 2003 and have been having no problems. So far ALL conduits work including Ultrasoft Money, all calendar and contacts and others. The only common denominator is the lack of install with Quick Install. A quick search here revealed no posts and a broader web search revealed several with this problem on 1Src. To my surprise there were no answers offered.

Everything placed in the Quick Install destined for either the memory card or main phone memory is left there after the sync. NOTHING is installed. When I use a Palmsource installer it appears OK but any other installs are simply not performed. I have gone to Programs->Palmone and cleared out the appropriate folders and synced with nothing for install and then tried to add the files and am again faced with failure.

Any and all comments or suggestions to remedy this siduation would be GREATLY appreciated.

Regards,

Jim
    My Treo 700p just developed the same problem!
    Is the conduit set?

Ben
    I have Palm tech on the line now but I don't think they are able to help. If they propose a fix (and if it works) I'll post it here. Happy New Year!
    What a goddam waste of time.
    Now they think I need a new unit. My tech is an *****. Whoever trained her should be fired.
    I have to wait for a supervisor to return my call sometime in the next 24 hours! I quit!
    mdscpa or DrCJ did you ever find a fix to your problem? My 700p stopped transferring files via QuickInstall and you two are closest I have seen to a solution. Forget PAlm they are clueless. Could it be a conflict between programs?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by schaffnva View Post
    mdscpa or DrCJ did you ever find a fix to your problem? My 700p stopped transferring files via QuickInstall and you two are closest I have seen to a solution. Forget PAlm they are clueless. Could it be a conflict between programs?
    Sorry for not replying before now. I have NOT solved the problem and have just decided to use Palm File Transfer to the card instead. This is SO crappy since I depend on my Treo for so much. I wish I could get an answer for everone. I called tech support at Palm like you, and was passed to several tiers of help who suggested that I hard reset my Treo, delete Palm desktop and install all over again. What a crazy idea.

Regards,

Jim
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I ran into the same problem with my 680 a few months back. I was unable to figure out why it would sync everything EXCEPT the quick install stuff. Anyway, as a last ditch effort, I uninstalled palm desktop and reinstalled it and everything worked again. But I never figured out why it happened when all the conduits seemed fine and the log even said it was syncing quick install. Hope this helps...
    Has anyone found a cure for this action. I have a Centro and this exact thing just happend. What's funny is that I can do a sync and it will work for other programs sucha as SplasID and BackupBuddy, but will not install new programs. I have checked my conduits and they look correct!
    UPDATE:

After trying everything, I finally popped in the software disk and began to install the desktop softwre. Where it asks if I wanted to install; repair or remove the software, I chose REPAIR. That was it! Back to normal....
    Thanks for the helpful tip, Dave.....er David ; )