1.    #1  
    I set up my new Centro to use Versamail EAS . . . with allows me to sync OTA my email, contacts and calendar events. All was well for a couple of weeks.

Then I decided to hotsync my Centro to my laptop . . . so I could add software in the future. I loaded the software from my Centro CD . . . and the hotsync software found my Centro with no problems. It synced my phone . . . which basically backed everything up. It did not - as expected - backup my contacts, email or calendars, as those are done via Exchange server.

However . . .after disconnecting my phone . . . Versamail failed to get my mail. I realized that after the hotsync . . . I had to re-enter my Versamail EAS password. Once I did this . . . versamail was off and running as usual.

This happened on three Centros all running Versamail EAS . . . so it was not unique to just my phone. Any ideas as to why this happens?

Plus I noticed that the new Palm desktop software that ships with the Centro does not have anyway of checking my Versamail accounts like the old software for my 700P did.
    Can you go into the conduits and disable the email conduit?

Just out of curiousity: do you have your email password saved on your computor? I had similar behavoir on one account because it was an account I was not allowing outlook to save the password.
    I installed the included CD's palm hotsync application over my previous i500 hotsync version and have been using Versamail and the EAS sync without any problems for the past week. I do see the Versamail hotsync window briefly popup on the PC screen during the hotsync.

Not sure if I am doing anything different but I left everything default as far as mail or versamail settings in the Hotsync manager.
  4.    #4  
    No email passwords saved on the computer.

With my 700P and the old Palm Desktop software . . . I did not have this problem. And checking the conduits . . . the software defaulted to Do Nothing for calendar and contacts.

However, the Centro with the new Palm software . . . checking the conduit for calendar and contacts says syncronise the files for both. Yet . . . because they are set up to sync with EAS, they actually don't sync with the desktop.

Yet when I disconnect my Centro from the USB cable . . . I have to put my password in for my Versamail EAS mail account. Once I do this . . . it works fine again.
  5.    #5  
    Solved my own problem . . . which was not really a problem.

Since I sync'd all three phones with an Exchange server on day one . . . each unit was assigned a strange hotsync id . .. like treouser68.

When I did my first hotsync with the computer . . . I actually changed the ID to better label each phone. Whenever you change the hotsync ID . . . you need to reenter the password for Versamail EAS.

So the phone was doing what it should do . . . protecting my data and password. When I hotsync the phones again using the new hotsync id's . . . the password stays with no problem.