1.    #1  
    .....anyone have this headset
    (Motorola OEM S9 S 9 Bluetooth MOTOROKR Stereo Headset) and have any feedback or have a recomendation for a great sounding stereo bluetooth headset for the 755p...thanx
    As you may or may not be aware, out of the box the Treo 755p (or any Treo/Centro, for that matter) does not support Stereo Bluetooth. (Or Bluetooth 2.0, or the other name for stereo... A2DP)

I have heard that software called "Softick Audio Gateway" will implement a software bridge for A2DP support, but as far as I know that's the only way to get stereo bluetooth out of the treos.
    I have them and use them with SAG. they are really very light and the sound is not bad. all the controls are pretty easy to use as well. I am happy with them.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kabuto View Post
    I have them and use them with SAG. they are really very light and the sound is not bad. all the controls are pretty easy to use as well. I am happy with them.
    ...and where do obtain SAG......?.........thank U kindly.....
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk444 View Post
    As you may or may not be aware, out of the box the Treo 755p (or any Treo/Centro, for that matter) does not support Stereo Bluetooth. (Or Bluetooth 2.0, or the other name for stereo... A2DP)

I have heard that software called "Softick Audio Gateway" will implement a software bridge for A2DP support, but as far as I know that's the only way to get stereo bluetooth out of the treos.
    ....thank....U kindly.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Deluxe View Post
    ...and where do obtain SAG......?.........thank U kindly.....
    http://softick.com/bluetooth-audio/
    Some of the reviews I read for the headset say that the controls can stop working after a not-that-long period of time. Sounded like more than 1 person having that problem, so I avoided those particular headphones.
    I'm on my third pair after two warranty replacements..hopefully the third time is the charm
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    The S9 is just okay. Sound quality is fair, comfort and fit, not so great depending on you head and ear shape - wven with all the extra ear buds, i could not get a good fit. The S9 is supposed to be water reisitance for athletics. The hottest headsets are the two hybrids on the market right now Plantronics Voyager 855 and the Jabra BT8010 - check them out...
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    I got a Plantronics Pulsar 260 which is a stereo bluethooth headset that has ear buds and a small fob for the electronics, you clip the fob to your shirt and have short wires to the ear buds. Works very nicely and is comfortable. again to get the A2DP stereo bluetooth proflile working you need the audio gateway software discussed above. and the pulsar 260 headset was about $50, so not expensive.
    I have the jabra bt8040, and so far with SAG on my 755P it has been fantastic. Streaming audio, MP3, and phone calls. A lot of buffering when streaming video. But it does say on the box for streaming audio.
    So far when a call comes in while I am streaming I am able to take the call, hang up, and go back to streaming audio without any lock up. The only issue was that I was not able to hang up with the button on the head set. I had to use the 755p's button.
    The sound of music is good, obviously not stereo due to one ear piece. I am thinking of getting rid of my portable xm radio. I really hated working out at the gym with a wired head set. The problem I see now is having to charge the treo 4 times a day. Battery life sucks.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    "If you bring forth what is within you, it will heal you. And if you do not bring forth what is within you, it will destroy you." (from the Gospel of St. Thomas)