1.    #1  
    I have been getting random resets recently after setting up and launching On-Demand. My centro will randomly reset when switching apps. I used ##377# to view the log after the resets. It gives me the time and date of the reset and what app caused the reset. The app that causes the reset varies from the phone to the calender. But the second line in the log remains the same "memorymgr.c, line: 3035, chunk over-locked." what does this mean and how do I fix it?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    My Centro has been amazingly stable compared to my 700p. Just curious, did you sync or restore your stuff from a previous PDA or start fresh? I tried a restore the first time and got a lot of resets.
  3.    #3  
    I didn't restore anything software from my old treo 650. I only did a sync with the calender.
    "chunk over-locked" indicates a memory problem on the device and has been reported on many Palm devices since at least the 650 (with diff line numbers). It seems to happen infrequently and somewhat randomly and no one has been able to definitively pin it down.

You can search T|C for "chunk over-locked" to find many references, but this one probably sums it up best. Some think it's a hardware problem and have "fixed it" by replacing their Treo. I tend to think it's a software/programming problem (see this ref). No doubt either way it's a pain.

Assuming it's due to 3rd-party software, what do you have installed? It may take a one-by-one approach to try to isolate the root cause.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Also see this thread for similar reports.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    the first day I had my centro it reset itself while I was using blazer. it had never even been docked.

where do I hit the ##377# code to see my log?
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
    From the phone dial pad
    BTW, take the ##377# log with a small grain of salt. It doesn't seem to be perfect in what it reports and sometimes seems to report the app it thought was running - not necessarily the app that caused the problem.
  9.    #9  
    thanks for the advice... i'll try to add software one at a time to narrow down the problem
  10.    #10  
    I hard reset the centro to elimate 3rd party apps. I was reset free for 4 days then it started all over again. it only crashes when I press the hard button for the calender. it doesn't crash every time I press the button. When it does crash the log report now says "dateweek.c line: 4495 session can not be opened." What does this mean? is this a database issue?
    Never seen or heard about that message before, but my guess is that it's some type of calendar db issue. If you did a hard reset 4 days ago, you must've done a "PC/Mac overwrites handheld" restore, so I'd hope that would result in a "clean" calendar db.

Not sure what to tell you. Sorry.
    There is another thread on this issue . . . maybe it will help:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=156694
    you can call palm tech support at 1-813-313-4913 for further help if in case your phone randomly resets sporadically. they have some codes to test your phone for errors and problems.
    "If you bring forth what is within you, it will heal you. And if you do not bring forth what is within you, it will destroy you." (from the Gospel of St. Thomas)
  14.    #14  
    thanks... i will call them asap
  15.    #15  
    just had another crash and noticed that i get a loud hissing noise when the phone crashes and the palm logo appears... the noise last until the logo go off the screen. BTW, called palm and all tech problems for sprint phones are handled by sprint only