Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I searched the forums, but couldn't find any answers. Spoke with Sprint tech support and no solutions either.

    Using the Centro's Versamail with OTA sync with Outlook 2003, my Centro Contacts do not sync back to Outlook. If I add a new Contact or make changes on the handheld, they are not reflected back into Outlook.

    Outlook Contacts sync fine to the Centro, but not the other way around. Email and Calendar syncs both ways without any problems.

    I also use Hotsync for apps, Tasks, Memos, etc. My setting for Versamail is Synchronize; for Calendar and Contacts is Do Nothing. I have also tried changing Calendar and Contacts to Synchronize, but still unable to make changes in Centro and show up in Outlook.

    This had worked initially for the first week or so of use, only happening the past few days.

    Tried soft resets and system reset (holding nav button up while re-inserting battery).

    Any possible solutions?


    _________________________
    Palm III > Palm Vx > Treo 650 (VZW) > Centro (Sprint)
  2. #2  
    Two things I can think of.

    1. Hit the Sync button in Versamail (when in your Exchange email list) and let the sync finish completely before leaving Versamail.

    2. Your contacts database is corrupt on the device. Go get dbFixIt from Pimlico and scan your databases. (The author is an expert in the Palm OS databases). http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/dbfixit.htm
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorker545 View Post
    This had worked initially for the first week or so of use, only happening the past few days.

    Tried soft resets and system reset (holding nav button up while re-inserting battery).

    Any possible solutions?
    I'm having a similar problem with Calendar items. I can add items to my Calendar on the Centro and they show up in Outlook when synching OTA but Calendar items added to Outlook don't make it back to the Centro. Similarly, it worked the first few weeks I had the Centro but not lately.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by strobeyprobey View Post
    Two things I can think of.

    1. Hit the Sync button in Versamail (when in your Exchange email list) and let the sync finish completely before leaving Versamail.

    2. Your contacts database is corrupt on the device. Go get dbFixIt from Pimlico and scan your databases. (The author is an expert in the Palm OS databases). http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/dbfixit.htm

    1. Tried that; still only one-way down to Centro.
    2. I will check into dbFixIt.

    Thanks.

    I was thinking of deleting the contacs database on the Centro and re-sync, but I don't know if that will cause my contacts in Outlook to be deleted?
  5. #5  
    Odd...I'm syncing calendar, contacs and e-mail and all seem to be working both ways. Did you check your HotSync set up to make sure you have it syncing, and not desktop overwrites, or handheld overwrites?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorker545 View Post
    1. Tried that; still only one-way down to Centro.
    2. I will check into dbFixIt.

    Thanks.

    I was thinking of deleting the contacs database on the Centro and re-sync, but I don't know if that will cause my contacts in Outlook to be deleted?
    If you delete the contacts database on the Centro, make sure you change the HotSync to have desktop overwrite handheld for that one HotSync.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    Odd...I'm syncing calendar, contacs and e-mail and all seem to be working both ways. Did you check your HotSync set up to make sure you have it syncing, and not desktop overwrites, or handheld overwrites?
    Yes. I have had the Hotsync set Contacts and Calendar for "Do nothing" since the beginning. I even tried setting it to "Synchronize the files" to see if that forced a wired sync. Still only the one-way down to Centro.

    So far, I can live with this but it is annoying that I can't add or change a contact while away from my desktop. I would like to try deleting the Centro contact database, but not sure which files to delete, nor what the implications of such deleting would cause.
  8. #8  
    Definately try that dbFixit to see if there is something wrong (that is free) with your database before you delete it. If that shows there is a problem then you could either delete it or register the program to repair it.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    If you delete the contacts database on the Centro, make sure you change the HotSync to have desktop overwrite handheld for that one HotSync.
    Good suggestion. Thanks.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by strobeyprobey View Post
    Definately try that dbFixit to see if there is something wrong (that is free) with your database before you delete it. If that shows there is a problem then you could either delete it or register the program to repair it.
    Installed DbFixIt and ran it on all the Outlook databases. No errors found!

    Still can't get 2-way Contact sync. Will try deleting Contacts and re-synching with desktop overwrites handheld for the first hotsync.
  11. mitemom's Avatar
    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #11  
    I've had this same issue ever since I started using active sync. It does not matter what you set your palm sync software to, as the contacts and calendar are disabled the first time and every subsequent time you use the active sync. I haven't found a way around it. I read on Sprint Users that you need to delete the email account that your active sync with, but mine won't let it delete, as it is the only account.

    If anyone figures this one out. Please let me know.

    Thanks!
  12.    #12  


    First, I did an over-the-air (OTA) sync, and also a Hotsync. Then using NVBackup to back up everything (I'm either paranoid or anal, maybe both!).

    Ok, by using ZLauncher (or any file manager app such as FileZ), I sorted files by Creator and deleted all "addr" and "PAdd" files, not the ones in ROM of course.

    Went to look in Contacts, which was empty. Went back to Versamail Email and hit the Sync button. Interestingly, all of the previous contacts that I created in the handheld but was not synching with Outlook showed up!

    I repeated the steps of deleting the addr and PAdd files. Did another OTA sync through Versamail Email. This time, I saw my Outlook contacts flashing across on the progress bar.

    All of my Outlook contacts came over to the handheld, as expected. Tried creating a new contact in the handheld. Did a Sync contacts OTA from the Contacts app. Found the new contact in Outlook. Created a new contact in Outlook and hit Sync contacts in Contacts again. It showed up on the handheld.

    I guess something in Contacts was corrupted that held up the up-sync to Outlook. Interesting that DbFixIt did not find any errors.

Posting Permissions