1.    #1  
    So my company was acquired by another company that only uses Good for their mobile email and I was hoping someone can tell me if there is a difference between Good on Palm vs. Windows Mobile. Iím currently with Sprint and Iím trying to decide between two phones, Touch and Centro and would like to know if one OS has more capabilities or benefits over the other with Good. Since mobile email is the most important, this would help me decide on which phone to keep.

Thanks in advance.
    Touch isn't supported, though I have heard anectdotedly that people got it to work, but don't know how. The Centro is the same way, not supported, but there are people running it. The Centro will be officially supported with a maintenance release due in Decemver.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, that is good to know.

I'm still wondering if there is a difference in functionality on a Palm supported device (say 680) vs a WM device (750). Does one have more features i.e. WM you can mark appointments private (as you can in Outlook) where with Palm OS you can't. Things like this. I'm new to Good and would like to use it with a device that allows you to use all the bells and whistles.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstevens View Post
    I'm still wondering if there is a difference in functionality on a Palm supported device (say 680) vs a WM device (750). Does one have more features i.e. WM you can mark appointments private (as you can in Outlook) where with Palm OS you can't. Things like this. I'm new to Good and would like to use it with a device that allows you to use all the bells and whistles.
    Thanks.
    Ditto.
  5.    #5  
    GoodGuy, any response to this? I only have a few days left before I need to return one of these devices. Also, is the new Sprint Q9c supported?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I am not certain- but my understanding has always been that they strive to make the user experience the same accross all devices and OS's.

That said i think WM has some things that Palm doesn't in 5.0. FOr example apparently 5.0 can duplicate the good contacts into the native WM contacts database so that certain built in phone features (like picture dialing) work on WM but wont on palm OS.

But I dont get the impression there are tons of things different.

Anyone with experience?
    efudd is correct.

the Goodlink application, looks and works very similar across the multiple platforms (with good reason.)

However, Goodlink has tighter integration on the WM handhelds ( one way sync of contacts DB, etc)

If your happy with POS, stick with it.