Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I just called also about my cracked 650 and they wanted to send me a refurbed 650. So I told them Id think about and hung up. Id rather put that 50 bucks into a new 755 or something else than a used 650
    A bright spot I have read many postings in other forums and it would appear that even people that were being told they were getting 650's the got 755P.

I have to find out if you get a phone and it is a 650 can you say you dont want it can you return it for a refund of your $50?

I think that maybe they tell people whatever phone you got you will get to stem the "upgrade" attempt.

-g-
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie_g View Post
    A bright spot I have read many postings in other forums and it would appear that even people that were being told they were getting 650's the got 755P.

I have to find out if you get a phone and it is a 650 can you say you dont want it can you return it for a refund of your $50?

I think that maybe they tell people whatever phone you got you will get to stem the "upgrade" attempt.

-g-

This is one of the reasons I started this thread. I'm trying to find out if I can return a Treo and not use an insurance claim if I choose.
    I also had a 650 that went to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. Sprint replaced it with a new 755p. When I received my first bill I was surprised to see $50 in data charges since I had a prior data unlimited plan. I called Sprint twice, and the second customer service agent listened to my story (that I would be fine with a 650 replacement had it been available). She changed my plan to include unlimited data at the same price. Very pleased with phone and the service.
    I would always recommend going to a Sprint Store first. Those guys can fix things that might seem major, but turn out to be minor (hey, it might save you $50). Furthermore, if you're still in your initial 30 day window, they'll give you a replacement on the spot. If you have an older phone that still has insurance, they'll give you a newer model phone (and they don't usually have refurbed phones in the stores). In addition, assuming your contacts are still functional in your broken phone, they will copy them to the new phone for you.

My daughter's Centro was acting up and the phone function would turn itself off for no apparent reason (sometimes in the middle of calls). Everything else worked fine. She also dropped the phone on the asphalt and scratched up the paint job. I brought it in to a Sprint Store and explained the situation. They didn't even try to look at it, they just gave us a brand new phone and copied all the contacts for her.

Another thing to be mindful of, is that the new phones have a one year warranty. I'm not sure how that plays out with an insurance replacement, but it may be a way of getting around the two swaps a year thing.

Stu
    Anyone have any other experiences?
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie_g View Post

-g-
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599 View Post
    Anyone have any other experiences?
    Sorry to say I got my Refurb 650 in the mail yesterday, not sure how others are lucking out.

So my plan is to do an ESN swap onto my daughters SERO plan and let her have the "new" 650, I will open a SERO and get a 755P. Then by the time Palm gets there stuff together I could get the next new phone.
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
    A few weeks ago I filed a claim for my 650 by taking it into a local sprint store - they were not able to fix it & issued me a hideous burgundy 755p as replacement. I was not charged $50 as I would have been had I called Asurion. I bought a red silicon skin to cover the burgundy. Wish my sprint store had had blue in stock....
    Quote Originally Posted by qualitygeek View Post
    A few weeks ago I filed a claim for my 650 by taking it into a local sprint store - they were not able to fix it & issued me a hideous burgundy 755p as replacement. I was not charged $50 as I would have been had I called Asurion. I bought a red silicon skin to cover the burgundy. Wish my sprint store had had blue in stock....
    What was wrong with your 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by qualitygeek View Post
    What was the problem with the phone?
  11. tks
    Just got a Centro for a broken 700p (problems connecting to pop3 email server). Called tech service 3 times with no results. Then decided to email Ecare, told about problems with tech support and how my contract is up in a few months and how unhappy I was. They claimed to have checked my problem out and determined that it was a bad radio in the phone. Within two days I got the offer to pick any replacement I wanted, and since I complained about the card being different they sent a free 4gb card for the new Centro. No contract extension required
    Last edited by tks; 12/09/2007 at 08:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tks View Post
    Just got a Centro for a broken 700p (problems connecting to pop3 email server). Called tech service 3 times with no results. Then decided to email Ecare, told about problems with tech support and how my contract is up in a few months and how unhappy I was. They claimed to have checked my problem out and determined that it was a bad radio in the phone. Within two days I got the offer to pick any replacement I wanted, and since I complained about the card being different they sent a free 4gb card for the new Centro. No contract extension required
    Now that is a great story. I hadn't realized the Centro had a different card (MicroSD instead of MiniSD), and if I need to get my phone replaced I'll use the same excuse.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Any new insurance stories lately?
    Called today for my wifes 650 and they said a refurb 650 will be sent.
    Bump for any updates.
    Brought in my second 700p that was caught in a reset loop to a Sprint store. BTW, I did nothing to it and I'm supposedly getting a refurb 755p. I brought it in on Monday and was supposed to get the "new" phone today but was told it's now Monday at the earliest. This is crap having to go without a phone for a week when you pay insurance. Though, I did call CS and got a bump to unlimited texts from 1000 and a drop in my vision plan. So, I'll get the unlimited texts for $5 and the $15 vision plan for $8. Oh, and a credit for $25
    I am on my 4th Treo in the past 18 months -- each time was replaced at the Sprint store. I had bought a 700p, which was replaced with a 700p which was replaced by a blue 755 and which was replaced by a blue 755.

The insurance plan is well worth it.

All prior issues were software ones (twice the endless loop of doom at startup, the second 700p lost its Bluetooth capability after about 8 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by fiestava View Post
    I am on my 4th Treo in the past 18 months -- each time was replaced at the Sprint store. I had bought a 700p, which was replaced with a 700p which was replaced by a blue 755 and which was replaced by a blue 755.

The insurance plan is well worth it.

All prior issues were software ones (twice the endless loop of doom at startup, the second 700p lost its Bluetooth capability after about 8 months.
    It sounds like you have had some bad luck!
    If you go to the B&M stores they will replace all treos with 755p, if you call palm itself you probably get a refurb 650, or a 700p, they still ahve tonz of those left.

the sprint store dud told me they had a container of 755p that was coming from taiwan tip over during shipment, hence they can't sell those retail and now they are selling just refurb models of those., they are all basically new.

755 has MINI sd, it really sux, since the rest of the world uses Micro SD..

size wise, SD > Mini > Micro. ..micro being the smallest.
    I don't get why Mini SD sucks if you can get an adapter for a couple $...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast