Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I'm planning on getting the garmin mobile 10. seems like a good package. I want the maps loaded on my 4gb micro-sd card. does this mean that I should buy the package with the dvd, not the 2gb sd card that has the maps loaded on it?

ie does anyone know for a fact that I can load the maps from the dvd onto my 4gb micro-sd card?

thanks in advance.
    I've got TomTom6 and Garmin XT and I like TomTom better because it is less heavy on resources and more user friendly but Garmin has better maps (more POI's and more accurate). I have never had a problem getting anywhere with either of them, they both work very well. I would get an i.Trek BT GPS unit or a similiar one with a sirfII chipset. Pretty much any cheap BT GPS reciever will work, they are all the same.

@dyuyeno: I have both TomTom6 USA and Canada and Garmin City NAvigator USA on my 4gb microsd (but only california for the gamin due to the size of the whole US) so yes there is enough space (California is about 150mb)
    I have both tomtom 6 and garmin xt full north america maps loaded.
    they're approximately 1.2gb each.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    @dyuyeno: I have both TomTom6 USA and Canada and Garmin City NAvigator USA on my 4gb microsd (but only california for the gamin due to the size of the whole US) so yes there is enough space (California is about 150mb)
    clarification: I just want to know which package to buy with the garmin unit. If I plan on adding the maps to my own 4gb card, I should get the package with the software on dvd, not sd card, correct?
    Yes, you want the one that comes with the maps on the dvd. During the install process, you will install the maps onto your computer and then use a program called "mapinstaller" (also on the dvd) to move them over to your card. If you look in the Garmin thread on the Bluetooth forums, I posted a link to a really good review of Mobile 10 that also walks you step by step through installation. I'm using it with my Centro & couldn't be happier.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    thanks! do you happen to know if "mapinstaller" works for a pc and a mac??
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I have Garmin mobile 10 and it works great with my Centro. The map install will work on both PC and MAC however the NRoute software only works on PC.

OrionNE
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I have TTM 5 and just bought Garmin XT..

First I came from CoPilot -> TTM 5 and now to Garmin..
    CoPilot did nice customer retension upgrade programs reduced cost from verison upgrades but they weren't doing traffic in there previuos verison so I left and there software packages were split between smartphone and powerpc at teh time.

TTM does not upgrade programs and at time there customer service is lacking. There traffic reporting was poor and it's $60/year an at times there maps and routing would put me on service roads parallel to the highway (it would ask me to leave the highway (with no traffic) to go local on service road.

Garmin.. Haven't touched it yet but traffic is free and it seems they have been upgrading there device support via app updates..
    Not a bad price with the rebate. Seems a bit different from the one on Garmins website.

http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123