Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    GreenHex,

I have been trialing Treobble for about a week and love it. I placed it into my favorites in UltimatePhone, so its right on the screen when I press the phone button. I can get to any contact faster then through Palm's contact method. I just sent you the donation, I promised to send last Saturday. Sorry for the delay, but I was having a bunch of resets. Turned out to be my Solitaire game of all things. Anyway, keep up the good work.
  2.    #122  
    Hi Treo Musketeers... Thank you very much!!! The current version is v3.1 with some minor UI adjustments.

It appears that the shaded background thing has been given a thums-down... performance over pizazz.

- mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 12/05/2007 at 10:30 PM.
  3.    #123  
    Updated to v3.2

Update notes:
    • Minor UI enhancements, feedback and stuff.
    Treobble seems to have lost traction, but appears to be stable and working (still no user feedback - except from RickMG - about Centro+Treobble, so I assume versions > v3.0 works ok)

Once again, before this whole thing completely dies off, I request users to donate and support development of Treobble and other TreoTown freeware.

- mvk
    Game over!
    Everything is working fine in this innovative program. Thanks for the hard work. I'm glad to be one of your many appreciative users. Paypal sent.
  5.    #125  
    With TouchBook (http://ahsirg.kvplab.com/mambo/) and 2Cool4U (http://www.metaviewsoft.de) being available, the swiping game has become very good for users.

Anyways, this is to announce v3.3, with minor UI enhancements and the much requested slow-to-a-stop feature as in the iPoo. The slow-to-a-stop feature is experimental as of v3.3, as I'm not too happy with it, though it performs well enough.

See: http://www.swCP3.com/Treobble/Treobble_User_Manual.HTML
    ZIP: http://www.swCP3.com/Treobble/Treobble.ZIP
    PRC: http://www.swCP3.com/Treobble/Treobble.PRC

- mvk
    Game over!
    GreenHex,

Thoughts on the 3 swipe contacts programs:

2Cool4U - cleanest, smoothest "flicking". Essentially no customization, though.
    Touchbook - nicest looking. Pretty, but function issues. Decent "flicking".
    Treobble - most options (love that!) for customization. No "flicking" - just slide and hold. Least "shiny" UI.

Yours (Treobble) has replaced my contacts on my home screen - at this point it's better than the others for a day-to-day solution. "Shiny" matters, though If you can give it a glassy look and allow it to really "flick" instead of slide, you'd have a real winner here.

Which reminds me ... I need to send a bit of support your way. On my to-do list!

Thanks for keeping this going!
    Just loaded 3.3 and it looks like "flicking" now works. Very cool! Definitely the top choice at this point. Well done!
  8.    #128  
    HI Cascade... I have to agree with your evaluation of the three swiping utilities...

One thing regarding shinyness... It is more an ideological thing, I guess. Though I agree that shinyness matters, I wanted to retain the bare-bones PalmOS "look," instead of making it look like the iPoo or TouchFlow or Vista (to me they don't look "professional," more like a toy).

It may seem like I'm not speaking the truth now, but the starting point for Treobble was not iPoo but BellTime (yes, that innovative clock by Jaap Steilberg). BellTime was previously WatchMaker+.

Already - if you are unlucky - you can see the screen flicker sometimes while scrolling. I don't want that to be a "feature" of Treobble.

Not that I've given-up on the bitmap issue, but I'm on the lookout for an efficient solution. I posted a screenshot with graded background in this thread and there was no response to that.

Also, you do realise that the contacts implementation is only a "demo" as one could add anything - mails, messages, tasks, appointments - in the boxes, and all of them could be scrolled the same way...

- mvk
    GH,

Funny how everybody has their own idea of how a UI should look For me, my entire phone is as un-Palmed as possible. I think Palm would be in much better shape - even with Garnet - if they had simply overhauled the UI at some point. It's kind of Windows 3.1 forever. It's amazing how modern and up to date it becomes with a total UI overhaul. Using ZLauncher and PalmRevolt and a tweak here and there, most people don't even recognize my phone as a Palm. More importantly, the FUNCTION that the Palm OS offers becomes a highlight. I've been experimenting with a 750 (wife's phone) and even with its multi-tasking and "power", I prefer the Palm OS's quickness, simple navigation (via ZLauncher, to be fair), and ease of use. If there was a GSM 3G Palm OS phone, I could be happy for a couple years at least with this feature set. I can live without WiFi. I can live without multi-tasking. What I do like is the ability to completely change the look and function whenever I please. That's why programs like Treobble are great. Take a plain vanilla boring list of contacts and make it more fun to use, nicer to look at, and ultimately more functional.

I look forward to seeing where this ends up. Not sure I'd want to scroll everything, but like I said, it's about OPTIONS

Is it possible to make the shinyness an option? Then folks can choose bare-bones or i-shiny.

Thanks again for your efforts!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    One thing regarding shinyness... It is more an ideological thing, I guess. Though I agree that shinyness matters, I wanted to retain the bare-bones PalmOS "look," instead of making it look like the iPoo or TouchFlow or Vista (to me they don't look "professional," more like a toy).

Not that I've given-up on the bitmap issue, but I'm on the lookout for an efficient solution. I posted a screenshot with graded background in this thread and there was no response to that.

Also, you do realise that the contacts implementation is only a "demo" as one could add anything - mails, messages, tasks, appointments - in the boxes, and all of them could be scrolled the same way...

- mvk
  10.    #130  
    I think you'll all like v3.4 that I just uploaded (http://www.swCP3.com/Treobble/Treobble.PRC).

I tweaked the internal parameters for faster scrolling (twice as fast as previous versions) and better flicking response (it feels more natural). Also, eliminated the slight flicker that used to occur on occassion.

- mvk

PS: Please re-download v3.4 for a rather discrete Speed Indicator.

Last edited by GreenHex; 12/15/2007 at 01:29 AM.
    GH -

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if this is a small bug, but when I set the background to black and letters to white, it works just fine for the main screen. In the settings, however, the background of the cells goes black, but the numbers stay black so I can't see them. I thought it was a skin problem (playing around with PalmRevolt) but it does it in the default as well.

Changing to a lighter background fixes it, but if I want a really dark background, no luck.
  12.    #132  
    This is a bug, if one can call it that... It is just that the current field background colour is carried-over to the settings form from the main form. This is the same colour as the table background color.

I never expected that this would get reported so soon... so I pretended that this problem didn't exist to make things easier for myself... I'll fix it in a future release.

- mvk
    No problem. This is a pretty minor deal in the big picture. Never would have even noticed but I've been playing around with black backgrounds instead of the Palm white.

On another note .... I checked through the manual looking for something on how the flick works and couldn't find what I was looking for. There are 2 things I'm wondering about. One, the speed is uniform. When I flick, it moves at the same speed from the beginning of the flick until it abruptly stops. Is there a setting I can change that will cause it to slow to a stop? Not really a function thing, it just would be a lot smoother. Same with the beginning of the flick. If it started out quick and gradually slowed to a stop it would be very natural in appearance. The other thing is the audible sound when it stops scrolling. Any way to turn that off?

Love the high speed "slide and hold", by the way!

Also, you mentioned at one point that the contacts "count" box was a place holder for something later. What about an "edit" button? Since this is now my main contacts program it would be nice to be one press away from entering the native edit field. I know it's the first thing on the pulldown menu, but just an idea.

This is turning out really cool!
  14.    #134  
    Actually it does slow down gradually to a stop... but the granularity of the table entries is so big that it is not noticable... I need to stop within the screen... it would be confusing if the page scrolled beyond once the finger is lifted.

In the dial screen you may have noticed an yellow triangle in the top right corner... you can press it to edit the selected contact in the native Treo Contacts application. I also did consider editing the selected entry with the tap of the contacts count. The problem is, one tends to accidentally touch the active area launching something (bluetooth, battery status and contacts). So I choose not to have any buttons on the main screen.

The click I added just to emphasis the scrolling has stopped, maybe it needs to be a user configurable thing.

BTW, I fixed the colour issue and will update my website tomorrow.

- mvk
  15.    #135  
    Updated to v3.5

Release Notes:
    • Fixed text-field background color problem in Settings form.
    • Added option to disable clicking sounds.

See: http://www.swCP3.com/Treobble/Treobble_User_Manual.html

- mvk
    Game over!
    I keep promising myself I WILL NOT INSTALL ANY MORE SOFTWARE ON MY 700P!

Then I see GREENHEX has another program being developed, and I CANNOT RESIST!

Thanks for another great program!
    RJuhl
  17.    #137  
    Thanks rjuhl... I hope you find Treobble useful. Enthuiastic support from users keeps me going and adding new features and enhancements.

- mvk
    Been following your program and decided to try on my Centro. So far, looks great and no problems.

A couple of possible suggestion.

Search on:

- First Name
    - Company Name
    - City, Other?

Sometimes, I may remember a first name like Bob, but don't remember last name. Etc..

Secondly, provide an active link to your web page so users can update .prc easily.

Keep It Up.

Best Regards, FastFrank in Snowy Michigan
    FastFrank
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank View Post
    Secondly, provide an active link to your web page so users can update .prc easily.
    Thanks FastFrank...

Searching by other keys could be done, but will require more memory, I think. Before that, I want to tackle the slow loading for > 1000 contacts problem. Currently, Company Name is searched, but only if the First Name and Last Name are not available.

The latest version of Treobble PRC can always be downloaded at:
    http://www.swCP3.com/Treobble/Treobble.PRC

or the ZIP file at:
    http://www.swCP3.com/Treobble/Treobble.ZIP

and the User Manual at:
    http://www.swCP3.com/Treobble/Treobble_User_Manual.html

If you mean OTA availability... I have to do all the installer stuff and maybe it's too late in the day (for PalmOS) to get into that.

- mvk
    I just installed v. 3.5 on my Centro. I adore this program, really spiffy, and have made a donation.

But.

When I click "All" (bottom left), the list of categories shows briefly, then my Centro makes a scary crackling sound and crashes. It then reboots (by itself, I don't need to soft reset) and all appears well. Until I click "All" again.

Well, I guess I won't click "All" any more because that crackling sound is quite alarming. But OTOH, it would be nice to be able to scroll through brief categories of listings instead of scores of them. Is this fixable?

While I'm up and being picky, is it possible to reduce the font size so there are more names per screen and the list scrolls faster? I looked at the menus but didn't see anything. That would help reduce scrolling volume too.

Please understand I can live with this lovely software the way it is, but of course it's clear you are always striving for perfection....so I thought I'd help you out with these well-meant suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Updated to v3.5

Release Notes:
    • Fixed text-field background color problem in Settings form.
    • Added option to disable clicking sounds.

See: http://www.swCP3.com/Treobble/Treobble_User_Manual.html

- mvk
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast