Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    I just re-read the entire thread and never found a post that defines what the different Speed settings do. What do the numbers affect? I played around trial and error but didn't notice much. Am I just not picking it up?
    These are in the Users Manual found here:
    http://www.swcp3.com/Treobble/Treobble_User_Manual.html
    Treobble Preference Settings
    Initial Delay Initial Delay (despite meaning something else) is the sampling rate. Values between 3 and 15 milliseconds work well.
    Shift Speed-Threshold Number of pixels from the initial touch location where speed shifts occur while swiping up or down.
    Reverse Scroll Reverses the scrolling response.
    Popup Delay Number of ticks (~ 1/100 second) to tap-and-hold a particular entry to pop-up the dialer. Values around 20 ticks work well.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    These are in the Users Manual found here:
    http://www.swcp3.com/Treobble/Treobble_User_Manual.html
    Thanks RickMG... for quick reference, the description can also be found in the [Settings]->[i] help box.

Cascade>>
    The contacts count is a place holder for something (not thought of it yet) maybe for number of maching contacts, or time or any other userful info you guys could suggest.

Also, the black highlight is a little messy to get rid of at the moment... and would unnecessarily slow down the response. The main USP of Treobble is the snappy, instant response, otherwise it is a pretty dumb application.

camplivingston>>
    I'm working on a new architecture to speed-up the loading (or at least faking it) that would require a major overhaul and maybe, that would require removing some features.

- mvk
    does it load faster if u have fewer contacts?.If I create a "cel phone"category with my most frequently called numbers and set the drop down to this new category will it load that category faster than it does the "all" category that contains 1200 contacts?...maybe that could be a useable workaround for now...
    B.Andrew "Andy" Brown MSW
    Executive Director,Camp Livingston Inc
    1-888-564-CAMP(2267)
    WWW.Camplivingston.com
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by camplivingston View Post
    does it load faster if u have fewer contacts?.If I create a "cel phone"category with my most frequently called
    Yes, of-course.

- mvk
  5.    #105  
    Uploaded v2.9

Update Log:
    • Primitive (but hopefully adequate) incremental letter search added in-addition to first letter search.

See: http://www.swCP3.com/Treobble/Treobble_User_Manual.html

The first letter typed will scroll the list to ther first entry with that letter in the begining, subsequent letters will scroll the list to the first matching entry. I don't know if this is good enough. It uses the same search mechanism as that in v2.9b1, but I've cleaned-up the code and added some colours to make it all more expressive and meaningful.

- mvk
    Game over!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Uploaded v2.9

Update Log:
    • Primitive (but hopefully adequate) incremental letter search added in-addition to first letter search.

The first letter typed will scroll the list to ther first entry with that letter in the begining, subsequent letters will scroll the list to the first matching entry. I don't know if this is good enough. It uses the same search mechanism as that in v2.9b1, but I've cleaned-up the code and added some colours to make it all more expressive and meaningful.

- mvk
    I have not downloaded the newest version because I do like being able to just punch in the first letter and scroll where I need to go. That way, when I'm done I always hit the 'A' to get back to the beginning of the list before exiting (I'm anal that way). I'm assuming that now I would have to backspace the search letters out as I do with the included contacts program. The contacts program opens everytime to the first contact but yours opens where you closed the program. I would like the new search if yours would do that. Right now I love the program just the way it is.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
  7.    #107  
    I have not downloaded the newest version because I do like being able to just punch in the first letter and scroll where I need to go. That way, when I'm done I always hit the 'A' to get back to the beginning of the list before exiting (I'm anal that way). I'm assuming that now I would have to backspace the search letters out as I do with the included contacts program. The contacts program opens everytime to the first contact but yours opens where you closed the program. I would like the new search if yours would do that. Right now I love the program just the way it is.
    The old functionality is intact in v2.9 so you can still use it. Save the old PRC anyways in case you don't like v2.9.

You can press [Space] or [Enter] to clear the search string, or [Backspace] to remove the last character from the search string.

The search string is set to NULL while launching Treobble.

I expected that opening in the previous state would be helpful. In-fact I had to add extra code to do that. Maybe it should be a user-configurable option.

- mvk
    I expected that opening in the previous state would be helpful. In-fact I had to add extra code to do that. Maybe it should be a user-configurable option.
    - mvk
    Thanks for the response. I never said anything, because it's a small thing that's not worth worrying about. As for keeping the old program, I always date my .prc files when I download them and I do save them, becuase you never know.
    The incremental search is an excellent idea... thanks!

If the typed letters match a surname, you see all the surnames that match (the first one, plus those that follow it in the alphabet).

But if it finds a first (given) name that matches the typed letters, it sticks with that, so you only see one matching contact (assuming the first name of the contact below it is different, which it probably is). You don't see the matching surnames either.
  10.    #110  
    Guys... that's why I termed the search "primitive." I'd even call it dumb.

Unlike the native contacts, it does not aggregate the matching contents, It merely scrolls to the first matching entry.

I'm just trying to balance what is possible with what is useful. And also, I'm not trying to duplicate the native Contacts behaviour (for now).

RickMG>>
    I was just wondering (aloud) if it (previous state thingy) would be worthwhile to include as a preference option. Some things may be simple and simple to implement too, but the benefit to the user may outweigh its trivial nature.

- mvk
    RickMG>>
    I was just wondering (aloud) if it (previous state thingy) would be worthwhile to include as a preference option. Some things may be simple and simple to implement too, but the benefit to the user may outweigh its trivial nature.
    - mvk
    Sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about here. I do like the version I'm using now very much, 2.7, and don't think I'd switch for one with a primitave search feature as I'm quite satisfied with the current one. I'm sure it's much easier for me to hit 'A' before I exit than it is for you to change a program to restart at 'A'. But, I would not upgrade with even that feature if it had the primitave search feature. Thanks.
    I keep trying the versions, but scrolling by swiping my finger still does not work. I can drag my finger and leave it on the screen and scrolling works. It seems to scroll a little faster the longer I leave my finger on the screen. Is it supposed to work the same way as the iPhone/iPod Touch where you swipe your finger and it scrolls and gradually slows down until you swipe again or find the contact you are looking for?
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I keep trying the versions, but scrolling by swiping my finger still does not work. I can drag my finger and leave it on the screen and scrolling works. It seems to scroll a little faster the longer I leave my finger on the screen. Is it supposed to work the same way as the iPhone/iPod Touch where you swipe your finger and it scrolls and gradually slows down until you swipe again or find the contact you are looking for?
    It does not use a swiping mechanism. See my post #88. Scrolling is related to the position of your finger with respect to it's starting position. Scrolling speed increases in 3 user definable steps as you move away (up or down) from the starting position.

Regarding the name, I simply liked the sound of "Treobble".

- mvk
    Greenhex,

Just curious...

What does it sound like to you?
    Treo-bubel?
    like trouble but with 'eo' instead of 'ou'
    something else?

It is an interesting idea. Thanks of implementing it.
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    JohnH59... from your description I could almost summarize that things are working perfectly... but for the fact that you are unhappy about the way it works. If you have access to another Treo (maybe a friend's) you can try it on there.

Like johncc mentioned above, the swiping may behave a little different than on the iPhone. (Though I've seen the iPhone videos, I plan to go to a shop and check-out exactly how a iPhone's scroll behaviour is).

- mvk

PS: johncc... it does sound like "trouble." I'd have spelt it "treoble" but for the fact that it has only 7 letters... all my software have 8 letter names... just to keep everything consistent; it all lines-up evenly in a spreadsheet or table...

PPS: I just remembered, it is exactly one year back that I installed the Palm development tools and started out with all this... Not a bad collection of 14 odd palmOS utils eh?

Last edited by GreenHex; 12/02/2007 at 08:09 PM.
    [PPS: I just remembered, it is exactly one year back that I installed the Palm development tools and started out with all this... Not a bad collection of 14 odd palmOS utils eh?.

Not bad at all. I doubt many companies dedicated to that can make the same claim. Congrats.

Not bad at all. I doubt many companies dedicated to that can make the same claim. Congrats.
    From ALL of us!
    Just wanted you to know that I downloaded 2.9 onto the Centro and it worked fine. A little harder to get it to scroll than 2.7 on my 755. I then put it on my 755 and it's exactly the same but both work fine. I wouldn't say the search is primitave as I like the box at the bottom with the name you're typing and it works fine. Love the spacebar feature.
  19.    #119  
    Updated to v3.0

Release Notes:
    • Finally got rid of some unnecessary tricks in the event loop. Now everything is according to PalmOS recommendations. Any residual problems with the Centro should be taken-care of.

Just wanted you to know that I downloaded 2.9 onto the Centro and it worked fine.
    So apparently, there is no difference in response between the Centro and Treo. Anyways, in v3.0, everything is by the book, so a Centro should not face any problems anymore. And good to see that the search feature is quiet useful.

- mvk
  20.    #120  
    http://www.swCP3.com/Treobble/Treobble_Shady.JPG

Despite resisting all along, I have the shaded background bitmap in place and everything works w/o problems, and looking good too... But you can see the Treo display flickering and struggling a bit (!) while scrolling away. Any comments? How desirable and worthwhile is this?

- mvk
    Game over!