Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    I played with version of your Treo Guard but never really liked it.
    First, thank you so much. PalmOS still has some life in it.

Regarding "Treo Guard," I don't know if you mean "TreoHour." I'd like to know what you don't like about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    By the way, any way to change the color of the background's background?
    This is something that I though about, and it is possible too, but the problem is you still see the white 1 pixel border (you can't address that with the API) that is mighty distracting, _and_ it would not play well with the Treo native gadgets.

Treobble Users! I've updated the User Manual with explanations of the "Settings" dialog, I suppose it would be helpful to play with the settings.
    I've got to tell you, I am loving this program. I can't wait to use it at the office, casually of course, in front of other Treo users. Most just know how to dial the phone.

Thanks for the update in the user manual as that has really helped.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I've got to tell you, I am loving this program. I can't wait to use it at the office, casually of course, in front of other Treo users. Most just know how to dial the phone.
    That I'd like to hear... about their reactions.

Don't forget to point them to my website or beam Treobble over to their Treo's afterwards! (I hope I didn't set the "Copy Protect" flag, but you can always reset it with FileZ or something.)

- mvk

Last edited by GreenHex; 11/30/2007 at 11:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Centro owners: Please try the following with v2.7: Set Initial Speed to 1 and 5 and check scroll response. If this does not work, then solving this problem requires substantial and indepth study.

Others: you can change the Initial Speed to 3 or 5 for better scrolling behaviour.

- mvk

PS: DO NOT set Initial Speed to ZERO. You'll get resets.

PPS: Uploaded v2.7

PPPS: If you did set Initial Speed to ZERO and are getting resets, delete Treobble with Home->Menu->Delete and reinstall again. If you have a Saved Preferences viewer, you can delete the preference with CreatorID 'TrTu' and continue.
    I can't 'swipe' across and make it scroll, but I and drag my finger up or down and leave it on the screen and it will scroll until I remove my finger from the screen.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    I like the program and you can't beat the price. That said, I would make one suggestion. How about an up arrow and a down arrow that you can press to speed the scroll. I only have 57 contacts, but I have to swipe several times to get through them to the contact I want(and that is with the 5 setting that was suggested). Anyways, thanks GH for the free program. I have been using TakePhone on a trial basis, but I was looking for a simpler program that would improve the looks and functionality of my contacts. This is very close to what I've been looking for.

Stu
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    I like the program and you can't beat the price. That said, I would make one suggestion. How about an up arrow and a down arrow that you can press to speed the scroll. I only have 57 contacts,
    Hey Treo Musketeers...

You don't have to swipe several times... As you can see from the post above yours, JohnH59 has the opposite problem on his Centro.

I think I've reached the limit of the number of graphic elements that can be fitted on the screen without making it look clumsy, like some game display or some of the launchers out there . I'd even like to hide the categories selection box.

In fact the only thing I would like to put in is a clock, if somebody could tell me where, and a search box - when I get to it after about a year... or 10 years.

One request to you all, please, no jokes about the pricing of Treobble. More than 5000 people have downloaded Treobble in the past three weeks (some, admittedly several times) but I've only two donations and hundreds of enhancement requests.

- mvk
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I can't 'swipe' across and make it scroll, but I and drag my finger up or down and leave it on the screen and it will scroll until I remove my finger from the screen.
    That is a relief... Are the "Speed Shift-Threshold" values default (maybe they are not initialized properly?)

Centro users: Test PRC attached. Please-try-this-at-home and post your observations.

iPhone owners: Does the iPhone support incremental letter-search like the Treo Addressbook? Lack of this feature is one of the most criticized aspects about Treobble. I think this is the Swiss-knife phenomenon at work: put every known feature one can dream of in a single application, compromising everything. It would be worth it if somebody came-up with some alltogether different idea (like TAKEphONE's different search mechanism, for example).

- mvk

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GreenHex; 11/30/2007 at 09:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    I only have 57 contacts, but I have to swipe several times to get through them to the contact I want(and that is with the 5 setting that was suggested). Anyways, thanks GH for the free program.
    You don't need to "swipe" multiple times. You can place your finger anywhere on the screen, and if you slide it down below it's initial position on the screen, the list will scroll down for as long as your finger is on the screen. Additionally, if you leave your finger on the screen and move it back to it's initial position scrolling will cease and if you continue to move it above it's initial position the scrolling direction will reverse.
    GH,

At the time of my last post, I didn't realize the battery on my Treo was about dead. I had lost some of the functionality of the program. I tried it again with a new battery and it now works great. You're right, no need for the arrows. If I swipe once and hold my finger down it speeds up. Second, I wasn't so much joking about the price of the app, as much as trying to point out my appreciation for the price. I didn't realize you were looking for donations for the app, and will gladly send you something tomorrow. Perhaps others don't either. I do think this is a great product and again, I appreciate your efforts to work on it. I have already exhorted the app's many virtues in other forums.

Best wishes,

Stu
    Oh, one question and I've seen it asked previously, but not sure if it was answered. Is there a way to substitute this app for the Palm Contact in the phone application? Thanks.

Stu
  11.    #91  
    Thanks... Treo Musketeers. Donations are always welcome. (I've not yet reached my goal of earning enough to replace my 650...)

There is no default Contacts program on the Treo. You just need to change the favourites button in the Phone application. I'd say: add Trebble to the favourites list instead of replacing Contacts with it.

- mvk

PS: Please download v2.8 for the iconified version (phone, messaging and email) of the dialer form and a fix for one minor issue nobody noticed!

PPS: I don't know if any of you are using Treobble with TreoSkey... or if there's trouble with TreoSKey and Treobble?

Last edited by GreenHex; 12/01/2007 at 05:45 AM.
    Hmmm... loaded 2.8 on my 680 and the icon is gone. I deleted the previous version, loaded the new one, and it shows up in a file manager and I can launch it from there but no icon. Something I did?
  13.    #93  
    The icon's right there... everywhere on my Treo. How about downloading again? Any others facing this problem?

As long as there are no resets or freezes... these are minor issues.

Watch-out for Treobble with a primitive incremental letter-search later today.

- mvk
    Weird. It's always shown up until now. Tried installing twice. Tried resetting. Still not there, but I can launch it from my file manager - less than ideal. Are previous versions available?
    Got it figured out. I went to my trash bin and recovered the old version. It restored the icon, but the program is reflecting the new version - 2.8. Not sure why having the old one sitting in the trash would affect this, but whatever - it works now!
  16.    #96  
    Ok all of you...

Please try v2.9b1 which is the first step in having a letter searchable Treobble. Please try this and give feedback.

The search itself is primitive, so there would be a lot to complain about that.

But, I'd like to hear feedback about the UI and operational aspects.

- mvk
    Attached Files Attached Files
    New version works just fine for me. The second letter in the search is messy, but the one letter search works just fine as it always has. Scrolling seems a bit snappier maybe??

A couple more picky things Any way to make it so it doesn't turn black on the initial touch? When I touch it and start to slide, the name I come into contact first is highlighted (in black with white letters in my case). It'd be cool if just scrolled. Also, any way to make displaying the number of contacts optional? The volume, bluetooth, reception, and battery are all useful, but how many contacts I have is not particularly relevant to me. Like I said - I'm being picky - but if it's simple it'd be great!

Cool program! It has replaced my default contacts icon on my main page!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Regarding "Treo Guard," I don't know if you mean "TreoHour." I'd like to know what you don't like about it.
    I did mean "TreoHour" - sorry about that. Nothing personal, it just didn't work well for me. Sometimes the guard wouldn't kick on at all. I'd turn on my Treo and there would be NO guard. It was also a bit "Palmish" in the UI. That's a completely personal thing, but I don't like the look of Palm's boxes and interface. I love the OS, but mine is skinned top to bottom to look exactly how I want it to. The slider is a cool idea, but it inevitably will be compared to the nice looking glassy one on the iPhone and the similar one for WM. This one is just a bit too Palm looking for me In the end, though, the guard is something I just click through so fast that it's not an important app to me. I don't use any of the other TreoHour features.

Maybe separate the two programs? Just a Treo guard replacement without the chimes and stuff? Optional colors and UI options on the slider? Not sure it's worth it, but those are just some ideas.

The Treobble program - much slicker in my opinion. With fontsmoother and a custom font and size it's very clean and VERY functional. This was an immediate keeper.
    I just re-read the entire thread and never found a post that defines what the different Speed settings do. What do the numbers affect? I played around trial and error but didn't notice much. Am I just not picking it up?
    the new incremental lookup feature works well....i start spelling then name and when I look up,it seems to be there!....nice job,this is turning in to a great little app.the only thing stopping me from making it my main contacts program via hard key or favorite,is that it still takes a good 8 seconds to load(i have 1200 contacts).but I do use it and I really appreciate the effort!