Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    Any luck on the scrolling with the Centro? If others are successful, are they changing settings to get it to scroll. If I swipe just right, I may be able to get it to move a line or two, but that's about all.
    Sorry... but I have no clue about what the problem with Treobble on Centro could be. It works exactly as it should on the Simulator(s). Also, though many Centro users are reporting problems, there are some who don't have problems.

However, I've changed something in v2.4. So please re-download (yes, v2.4... I replaced v2.4 with changes sometime back, without changing the version number) and try again.

If possible, could you email me your applications listing? Also, a PalmInternals listing of notifications (full) would be helpful. These will (possibly) help me figure out what the particular environment is.

- mvk

PS: Regarding settings, I don't think that would make any difference. The default values should work fine. You could set the "Initial speed" to 1 or 10 and try. Other settings are irrelevant to this problem.

PPS: All Treobble users, please re-download v2.4 if you downloaded it before this posting.
    Last edited by GreenHex; 11/28/2007 at 01:39 AM.
    My 'problem' is now solved - thanks!
    It's working perfectly on my T650.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    My 'problem' is now solved - thanks!
    It's working perfectly on my T650.
    Thanks... But did you notice another bug in it? - mvk
    Should I?
  5.    #65  
    You should! I like users to be particular about the finer details, instead of always asking for wallpapers and MP3 ring tones. The volume gadget bimap itself is almost on its 20th version, in-case nobody noticed...

Anyways, it's all fixed in v2.5 (will be uploading tonight) - mvk
  6.    #66  
    Uploaded v2.5

Update Notes:
    • Smoother scrolling than previous versions. (Really!)
    • Irritating volume gadget flicker eliminated.
    • Fixed minor UI related bugs in gadget drawing and scrolling with letter key routines.
    • Updated user manual.

Centro Owners: Does v1.6b1 available in post #14 of this thread work on the Centro?

- mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 11/28/2007 at 06:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    You should! I like users to be particular about the finer details...
    The only possible improvement I could think of... is a (still) faster loading time.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Uploaded v2.5

Centro Owners: Does v1.6b1 available in post #14 of this thread work on the Centro?

- mvk
    yep scrolling seems to be working in that version
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    yep scrolling seems to be working in that version
    What about v2.5?
  10.    #70  
    One last question to people who own the iPhone and have also tried Treobble: How does the scrolling behaviour compare?

- mvk
    Scrolling on the iPhone is more "kinetic" for lack of a better term. The list's scrolling is accelerated by the finger touch, and when the finger lifts off the screen the scrolling list starts to decelerate. You can see this in action in the guided tour video. When I first tested Treobble, it scrolled when I would drag my finger and held it on the screen. THe scrolling speed was uniform when I tested it last.
  12.    #72  
    Ah... just saw the video.

There is an "inertia" factor to it - something that I missed; it keeps moving for some time even after the finger is lifted, and then slows to a halt.
    - mvk

BTW: Treobble has three speeds, the triggers can be changed in "Settings"
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    What about v2.5?
    nope scrolling doesn't work for me in 2.5
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    nope scrolling doesn't work for me in 2.5
    Got that... would you test a Centro-specific build for me? I can either mail it or post it here...

- mvk

BTW: Updated to v2.6
    One last question to people who own the iPhone and have also tried Treobble: How does the scrolling behaviour compare?

- mvk
    The scrolling on the iphone also seems faster. No matter how hard I try Treobble is slower than I want it to be.

I have not tried adjusting the setting yet because I dont understand how they work.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    The scrolling on the iphone also seems faster. No matter how hard I try Treobble is slower than I want it to be.

I have not tried adjusting the setting yet because I dont understand how they work.
    I can make it slightly faster, but I've not included this option in the settings form. We'll get to the fine-tuning once I solve the Centro problem.

But there is a limit to the scrolling speed, of-course.

- mvk
  17.    #77  
    rossarnie>>

A question for you: Since you have a large addressbook DB, is there any delay while initiating an incremental letter search in the native Contacts application? Or are the results displayed instantly, as you type the search string?
    Virtually instantaneous - for the first letter there is a very small delay, but not for subsequent letters in the search.
  19.    #79  
    Centro owners: Please try the following with v2.7: Set Initial Speed to 1 and 5 and check scroll response. If this does not work, then solving this problem requires substantial and indepth study.

Others: you can change the Initial Speed to 3 or 5 for better scrolling behaviour.

- mvk

PS: DO NOT set Initial Speed to ZERO. You'll get resets.

PPS: Uploaded v2.7

PPPS: If you did set Initial Speed to ZERO and are getting resets, delete Treobble with Home->Menu->Delete and reinstall again. If you have a Saved Preferences viewer, you can delete the preference with CreatorID 'TrTu' and continue.
    Last edited by GreenHex; 11/30/2007 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Uploaded...
    GreenHex,

Just wanted to say thanks for making these little apps. For those of us still clinging to Palm OS as we wait for something more inspiring than WM and more useful than iPhone, it's these fun little things that keep us going.

I played with version of your Treo Guard but never really liked it. I have replaced my "Contacts" with this program, however. The point is at least somebody is out there trying to make this OS a little more fun. Much appreciated!!

By the way, any way to change the color of the background's background? With the right font and the right contacts background the scrolling does look really iPhone-ish - except that the surrounding "shell" is this big white square. Any way to add an option so I can set the entire screen to black and go with white letters?