Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    What can I say, GreenHex? It's freeware and I/we appreciate your effort and talents!
    Nonetheless, I do look forward to when you will 'open the project' again!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Uploaded v2.0 w/ email dialing and dialing of first three and last three contacts with the keyboard.
    Suh-weet!

Nice implementation on the first and last 3. It is nice having another navigation method within the visible contacts.

In fact, it brings to mind another possible feature for the next "Open" season:

Have 5-way up and down move the screen, and left and right move one contact at a time. Or even have the user configure how the 5-way functions.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Nice implementation on the first and last 3. It is nice having another navigation method within the visible contacts.
    Thanks... I hope you are using v2.2. User Interface is everything!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Have 5-way up and down move the screen, and left and right move one contact at a time. Or even have the user configure how the 5-way functions.
    Please, I have to request you all to go slow on the enhancement requests, or I'll starve...

- mvk
    Nice app. I can scroll with the 5-way but the swiping action just selects a contact it doesn't scroll. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks... I hope you are using v2.2. User Interface is everything!!!
    Yes. It's nice

Please, I have to request you all to go slow on the enhancement requests, or I'll starve...

- mvk
    Definitely don't want you to starve. We just grow the list between "Open" seasons.
    23 seconds is a v-e-r-y l-o-n-g t-i-m-e! and this is something I was worried about.

...I could implement the categories thing, but I'd rather not - not very elegant.

...I'd also not want to get into the memory paging scheme as I don't have a lot of time to devote to Treobble from now on.

Let me see what I can do... Need to take a break and get some fresh ideas.

- mvk

phwelo & Malatesta >> I've tested this on the Cento Simulator (both debug and release) and everything works fine. Several other Centro users too have reported that things are ok.
    I installed it yesterday on my Centro and it would not scroll.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by gkaatz View Post
    Nice app. I can scroll with the 5-way but the swiping action just selects a contact it doesn't scroll.
    Let me guess, you have a Centro...
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    Nonetheless, I do look forward to when you will 'open the project' again!
    Just completed the categories feature... look out for the update soon...

And thanks for suggesting this feature... it made Treobble really fast to load!!! It should load even "All" categories fast.

All because of something that I had overlooked!

- mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 11/27/2007 at 11:17 AM.
    I think having Category support is essential. I want to be able to view just my "Cellphone" category which has about 100 numbers versus my "Business" category which has 2000 entries.

Looking forward to the next version.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  10.    #50  
    Uploaded v2.3, w/ Categories support.... whew! It's done!

It should load visibly faster for people who have lots of contacts...

The scrolling seems to be snappier too: maybe I'm imagining this one, but let me know if you would like to slow things down a bit.

- mvk
    rossarnie>>

It is easy to implement a "filter" to display only entries from selected categories (either stored as an application preference or queried each time at start-up). The problem (for me) is that it is all too boring, and I do need to move on...

Here is a list of new/ pending/ requested features for the next time I get around to opening the Treobble project:
    • Incremental search.
    • Category selection.
    • Paging or streaming (?) of entries to shorten load times for large address DBs (> 1000).
    Of-course, there will be bug-fixes and such as and when they are flagged, but adding new features (however trivial) requires too much committment.

- mvk

BTW: Uploaded v2.1

I just installed this version and still no scroll on my Centro.
    Uploaded v2.3, w/ Categories support.... whew! It's done!

It should load visibly faster for people who have lots of contacts...

The scrolling seems to be snappier too: maybe I'm imagining this one, but let me know if you would like to slow things down a bit.

- mvk
    Thank you! It is much snappier. But...
    when you press a letter, it moves to the matching contact (beginning with that letter) only in the 'All' view, even when you are in a different view... i.e. pressing a letter only moves to a Contact beginning with that letter in the 'All' category, not in other categories.
    I hope you understand what I mean...
  13.    #53  
    That's just a minor bug. I'll fix it in the next release.

How many seconds does it take for "All" categories to load?

- mvk
    Game over!
    This may be a dumb question but how do I get Treobble to be the default contacts manager ?

edit: I replaced "Contacts" with "Treobble" in the Phone screen by editing "favorite pages." This should be fine for me, since it was how I brought up my contacts list anyway.
    Last edited by sauce; 11/27/2007 at 09:28 PM.
    Well, GreenHex, along with all you brave people who tested this program like you did (I'm really cautious as to what I put on my phone). A big thank you. I don't know for sure that I will use this very much, but it will come in handy when I don't quite know who I need to look up, but know they're in my contacts. I hate the slowness of the standard contact program scrolling. This program has the feel of the iphone to boot. Great job, and you did a wonderful job of reacting to, and correcting user's feedback.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    This is wonderful. Kudos for the nice idea, the way it's been implemented.

Here's my few comments
    1. Here I would like to see bigger thumb like buttons in the dialing popup so I can use it with the fingers more easily. It can be full screen popup I guess.

2. If possible, at least show the "Main" number in front of the name, should be able to dial, longer hold will trigger the pop up with other numbers

3. Less recodes, (may be 6) so taller finger friendly rows
    R
    Chan
    Treo 680 Mobitel GSM Sri Lanka.
    By the way, even though I don't know if I'll use the program much, a small donation was just sent to help a little for the time and effort you've put into this. These are the things that help make the POS the finest out there.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    How many seconds does it take for "All" categories to load?
    - mvk
    19 seconds. But I can set it to open with one of my smaller categories, then open 'All' if/when I need it...
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    By the way, even though I don't know if I'll use the program much, a small donation was just sent to help a little for the time and effort you've put into this. These are the things that help make the POS the finest out there.
    RickMG... thank you so much. Despite the general (not so good) opinion about PalmOS it's still a very nice platform to use and develop for.

Just imagine that a >10 year old OS can do this scrolling thing. I imagine Treobble will work even on older PalmOS versions (< 5).

Most importantly, I'm not using any "tricks" to get the whole thing to work, only documented, public APIs.

rossarnie>>
    I suppose 23 to 19 is a 20% improvement... not as spectacular as I expected.

- mvk
    Any luck on the scrolling with the Centro? If others are successful, are they changing settings to get it to scroll. If I swipe just right, I may be able to get it to move a line or two, but that's about all.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast