Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    I really wonder why people are getting resets with this. Are you guys having more than 300 contacts? That's a limitation, for now.
    Yes, I do have more than 300 contacts and I am getting resets...
  2.    #22  
    Uploaded v1.7

Update Log:
    • Uses even less memory than previous releases. Faster loading.
    • Handles empty contact entries gracefully.
    • Increased number of contacts to approximately 500. But I'd be careful if there were more than approximately 300 or so contacts. 500 contacts uses-up approximately 50 kB dynamic memory, in adddition to some for other application requirements.
    • Added gadgets for Page Location, Total Number of Contacts and Ringer Volume.
    • Use Shift-Backspace to go to the last page.

PRC: http://www.swCP3.com/Treobble/Treobble.PRC
    ZIP: http://www.swCP3.com/Treobble/Treobble.ZIP

From now on, Treobble has its own page where updates will appear.
    See: http://www.swCP3.com/Treobble/Treobble_User_Manual.html

Please see the addresbook entries related poll here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=156818

- mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 11/25/2007 at 06:16 AM.
    Game over!
    First of all thanks for the program,

I assume your link to a download on this thread will always bee the most current?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I just loaded it and its not going to work for me. Ive got over 500 contacts in my address book. I assume this is high on your priority list?

Thanks again!
    There is no spoon.
  5.    #25  
    Uploaded v1.9

Update Log:
    • Now handles approximately 1500 addressbook entries.
    • Fixed logical bugs in dialer and contacts DB routines.

http://www.swCP3.com/Treobble/Treobble_User_Manual.HTML
    http://www.swCP3.com/Treobble/Treobble.ZIP
    http://www.swCP3.com/Treobble/Treobble.PRC

- mvk

Hdhntr23>>
    All current releases and updates will be available at the same URL. I don't archive releases.
    As listed above, the current release should handle upto 1500 entries w/o problems.
    Game over!
    Greenhex,

I knew I could count on you!

Ive had a Palm for about 5 years now and I think it will take at least double that to get to 1500 in my address book.
    There is no spoon.
    Wonderful app.

I have one bug (which I suppose is related to the minimum 7 contacts. I am not able to access my top 3 or bottm 3 contacts with the 5 way.

One suggestion: clicking on an email address should default to compose email even if the 'email' button is not selected.

Given the phone button is hard-coded, I just reprogrammed my side-key to Treobble.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Wonderful app.
    Thanks... shopharim, I need all the support I can get. Users have not warmed-up to Treobble the way I expected.

I am not able to access my top 3 or bottm 3 contacts with the 5 way.
    This is not a bug. It is just the way things work. The small green dot at the right edge shows the contact that will be selected with keys... As is evident, this whole button thing is an after-thought! I had wanted a utility where I could dial w/o touching the keypad (which, on my Treo is admittedly getting worn-out!)

clicking on an email address should default to compose email...
    Could be done easily, in-fact I'd been thinking about this today and how to implement this. But I'd closed further Treobble development for the time being, to let things stabilize and settle down. But it will be done in the next release.

Given the phone button is hard-coded, I just reprogrammed my side-key to Treobble.
    Very nice... BTW, how many contacts do you have?

- mvk
  10.    #30  
    Uploaded v2.0 w/ email dialing and dialing of first three and last three contacts with the keyboard.
    Thanks... shopharim, I need all the support I can get. Users have not warmed-up to Treobble the way I expected.
    - mvk
    Then we are at fault: I'm sure many of us agree that Treobble could be a brilliant app! The idea is great - tweaking has made it even better (I'm one of those with lotz of contacts - do you think Treobble can go to 2,300?)
    Last edited by rossarnie; 11/26/2007 at 02:00 PM.
  12.    #32  
    rossarnie>> Try v2.0 just uploaded... it supports upto 3000 contacts.

- mvk
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    just wanted to report that scrolling isn't working on my centro - otherwise seems ok. 5 way nav works fine etc, but when i slide up the screen (depending on speed of swipe) it either briefly highlights the contact or opens it. when i opened it for the first time the scrolling kind of worked for the first 30 seconds or so. in any case it's nice to see some freeware for palm
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    just wanted to report that scrolling isn't working on my centro - otherwise seems ok. 5 way nav works fine etc, but when i slide up the screen (depending on speed of swipe) it either briefly highlights the contact or opens it. when i opened it for the first time the scrolling kind of worked for the first 30 seconds or so. in any case it's nice to see some freeware for palm
    Ditto. No scroll (at least with 1.7)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  15.    #35  
    Hell! what the heck did they change with the Centro?

PS: Malatesta has a Centro right?

PPS: Anybody else with a Centro care to comment?
    Last edited by GreenHex; 11/26/2007 at 11:59 PM.
    It works, and very smoothly too!

One problem: The Initializing time whenever I open Treobble is about 23 seconds - can this be reduced or eliminated (I have just over 2000 contacts...)?

A suggestion: If the Initializing time is an inevitable result of the number of Contacts, and can't be reduced, what about an Option to select which categories of Contacts are accessed by Treobble?
    Last edited by rossarnie; 11/27/2007 at 12:57 AM.
    Hey G.H.:

Yup, I'm using a Centro. And indeed they did seem to change some little things with it as I'm finding little quirks with a few apps.

eh, nothing you can't figure out ;-)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    One problem: The Initializing time whenever I open Treobble is about 23 seconds - can this be reduced or eliminated (I have just over 2000 contacts...)?
    23 seconds is a v-e-r-y l-o-n-g t-i-m-e! and this is something I was worried about.

...I could implement the categories thing, but I'd rather not - not very elegant.

...I'd also not want to get into the memory paging scheme as I don't have a lot of time to devote to Treobble from now on.

Let me see what I can do... Need to take a break and get some fresh ideas.

- mvk

phwelo & Malatesta >> I've tested this on the Cento Simulator (both debug and release) and everything works fine. Several other Centro users too have reported that things are ok.
    ...I could implement the categories thing, but I'd rather not - not very elegant.
    BTW, I don't mean that Treobble should have Categories, but that the user can select which categories of contacts are accessed by Treobble, meaning that the other categories are excluded from the Treobble list (completely).
  20.    #40  
    rossarnie>>

It is easy to implement a "filter" to display only entries from selected categories (either stored as an application preference or queried each time at start-up). The problem (for me) is that it is all too boring, and I do need to move on...

Here is a list of new/ pending/ requested features for the next time I get around to opening the Treobble project:

• Incremental search.
    • Category selection.
    • Paging or streaming (?) of entries to shorten load times for large address DBs (> 1000).

Of-course, there will be bug-fixes and such as and when they are flagged, but adding new features (however trivial) requires too much committment.

- mvk

BTW: Uploaded v2.1

Last edited by GreenHex; 11/27/2007 at 06:14 AM.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast