1.    #1  
    I think I'm going to switch from DateBook 4. Has anyone done this?

Do I need to delete DB4 first? What about the stub that masks the built in DB on the deluxe? Icons in memo from DB4?

No particular reason, just caught the update of Action Names and it struck my fancy....

Thanks.
    Made the change myself a few weeks ago. I didn't remove any existing DateBook programs, although, I'm not sure if I should have. Mind you, I was only using the HS Enhanced datebook that came with the Visor.

Personally, Action Names is one of the best management programs I've ever used.
    There are at least two files, perhaps six total, that you'll have to remove if you want to delete DateBk4:

- The DateBk4 PRC file (self-explanatory)

- The DateBk4 preference file... which will not be automagically deleted if you delete the DateBk4 PRC file from the launcher or any other deletion method. You have to delete this file yourself. Note: If you have any intention of switching back, you might want to save this file as it contains your DateBk4 registration information.

- If you're using the icon feature in DateBk4, then you'll need to manually delete the icon text file in your MemoPad (it might be called DATEBK3).

- If you're using the timezone feature in DateBk4, then you'll need to manually delete the timezone text file (by default, it's called WORLD TIMEZONES) in your MemoPad.

- If you've been using the dbScan utility, you can delete this, too.

- And, if you had to use the dtbkStub file, you can delete this from the launcher as well.
    Just Curious, Why are you changing? I have used both and don't necessarily have a preference.
    "We are the people are parents warned us about."

<b>Clark Fralick</b>
    I tried installing A/N with DTBK4 already on my VDx. There were problems with it. Support of A/N said it had something to do with conflicts over control of alarm events. This leads me to think that you might have to delete DB4 in order to run A/N properly. Mind you, that was a few months ago, and both apps may have been updated to correct this.
    The best course might be to inquire with the supporter of A/N. Or just live dangerously and try it out.
  6.    #6  
    To Shakes, thanks!

To ProjectZero, just what I needed, thanks.

To Cfralick, I bought DB4 over a year ago and feel like a change. The new update to Action Names looked interesting. It's smaller than DB4 and seems to be easier. DB4 is a good program; the developer answers everybody in a timely manner and all his proceeds go as a donation to save gorillas. I never fully used all its features.

To Jazzlover, Thanks.
    Action Names is great....
    Tried Datebook+..just too much features and very cluttered. Action Names is feature rich, and its interface is very smart and refreshing.
    Originally posted by yardie
    Tried Datebook+..just too much features and very cluttered. Action Names is feature rich, and its interface is very smart and refreshing.
    Ditto, I have used both and the user interface is just easier to learn. Don't overwrite the icon file when reinstalling otherwise the icon will get messed up. But the same thing happens in datebook 4 so.....
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    You can say that again, Moose! I really love Action Names. It's fun creating your own icons, too.

Barb