Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Crap. Bought a used Treo 600 from ebay. Didn't come with a SIM. Put in my AT&T 3G SIM, phone says "Sim card not allowed. Your phone cannot be used with this SIM card". Spoke with AT&T Business class reps(2 different people) as well as AT&T store folk, and got varying answers, from "No, the 3g sim won't work", to "Yes, it will work, just give it 30 minutes", to "Just update the firmware", to "Ask for the SIM that says "GSM"-he assured me that EVERY AT&T store offers the "GSM" sim as an option for all older handsets. Yet another rep told me that the 3g sim is backwards compatible with pretty much any handset, but that the Treo 600 REQUIRES a "32K" SIM ONLY!!
    Am I out of luck, or can updating the firmware(which I have NOT done yet) help? It'd sure be nice to have a working phone for Thanksgiving. I'd be real grateful to anyone that could help me here.

Edit: Problem Solved. Moderator, you may delete this post if you need to. Thanks!
    Last edited by mkbomb; 11/23/2007 at 07:43 PM. Reason: More Info
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $GSM600$ $is$ $not$ $3G$ ($UMTS$) $capable$. $I$ $believe$ $it$ $could$ $only$ $do$ $EDGE$.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $GSM600$ $is$ $not$ $3G$ ($UMTS$) $capable$. $I$ $believe$ $it$ $could$ $only$ $do$ $EDGE$.
    Thanks for the help, all! I've since upgraded to a shiny Crimson 680, yay!
    Moderator, you may delete or lock this if you like. Thanks again!
    actually no. the treo 600 only goes up to GPRS. the treo 650 and 680 are the ones who are EDGE capable. and to be quite technical GPRS is considered 2.5G and EDGE is 2.75G. UMTS is 3G and HSDPA is 3.5G.