Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Long time Handspring PDA user... the one thing I absolutely LOVE about old Handsprings is the "datebook plus", which gives me a floating event, its like a to do list, but for each day, if I don't do it, it floats to the next day.

So I could have a floating event for "pay Sprint" on the 27th, if I dont do it on the 27th, it floats to the 28th, then the 29th, until I mark it as done.

I notice that the new Palm smartphones do not offer this... is there any 3rd party application that is similiar??

Thanks.
    Datebook allows floating events.

But the question I have is why do you need it? If all you want to do is have tasks that will carry over from one day to the next until it is completed, you can do that now? 2Day is a nice replacement for the summary view from the calendar app. The only difference is it will still show the old date (even if it was from 2 weeks ago) and it will be on top of the list.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Datebook allows floating events.

But the question I have is why do you need it? If all you want to do is have tasks that will carry over from one day to the next until it is completed, you can do that now? 2Day is a nice replacement for the summary view from the calendar app. The only difference is it will still show the old date (even if it was from 2 weeks ago) and it will be on top of the list.
    Ok cool, haven't played around with the Centro long enough, still waiting to get mine. But when I was in Sprint store I was trying it and hit 'new' and it just opened new event rather than options, so I was wondering how to float things.

I use it for things that aren't top priority, like "get washer fluid", if I don't do it today, that's fine but I want it to show up tomorrow, and keep nagging me to get it done
    Hope you enjoy your Centro as much as I'm enjoying mine, jasonpbyu. It's a very versatile device.
    If you don't need all the additional functions that Datebk6 or 2Day offer, and only the "float," you can try Rollover by Hobbyist software. You simply create a calendar category called "rollover" and whatever event you want to float from day to day, simply put in that category. It works slick, and is not expensive.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Treo 90! That had to be my favorite pda before my 650. Loved the size and color screen.

The Centro rocks! Good luck!
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway