Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I want to get a Centro, i'm on a corporate plan that gives me 1500 minutes with unlimited text and vision for $15/month. I went to upgrade my phone and they told me i'd have to add $25/month for power vision.

I've heard from others with Treo's that you can still access internet on Centro with regular vision, is this true? I don't necessarily need all the features of power vision. Just want to access the news and gmail from time to time. Will I be able to do this with regular vision? Sprint employee says no, but probably just because he wants to get credit for the sale.

Thanks in advance.
    Centro will work on regular vision . . . sounds like money gathering on Sprint's part. I have a treo in a NON-EVDO area . . . and I think that is considered Non Power Vision. They should throw it in . . . try another rep until you get one that will.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thanks. I found an article that implies the same thing.

Sprint recommends the Power Vision Pro Pack for $30 month, which includes unlimited text messaging, data access, web browsing, email, Sprint Picture Mail/Video Mail, On Demand, NFL Mobile, Sprint TV and Active Sync (data and content access without a Power Vision pack is subject to casual data charges).

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...d-with-sprint/

If anyone else has any feedback let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by doitright View Post
    Centro will work on regular vision . . . sounds like money gathering on Sprint's part. I have a treo in a NON-EVDO area . . . and I think that is considered Non Power Vision. They should throw it in . . . try another rep until you get one that will.
    My house is in an area with weak EVDO coverage and I told Sprint I wasn't happy with paying $25 for vision with lagging EVDO support. Sprint ended up letting me keep my Power Vision package but at the old regular vision price of$10 which was a sweet deal, so I am getting a premium Power Vision package for $10 a month and still get a to take full advantage of Sprints EVDO network when available. I didn't even gripe to them...they offered it before I finished my sentence.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thanks. I think I'll head to the corporate store a bit further away, wont have to deal with commission driven fools
    yeah I don't think sprint allows you to not get the powervision plan. When I upgraded from my 650 to the 700p a while back they told me I didn't have a choice which I thought was pretty bad on their part. You might get lucky though.
    technically it is a powervision device, and yes it will work on 1x networks, but 99% of CS's you talk to will require some sort of PV plan. The lowest PV plan is $15, and the only vision plan now is $15. They just need to show you on a PV plan even though you are in a non-PV area.

This is something I've been fighting since PV came out. I had an old Vision plan that cost me $15 for two lines. I didn't want to pay the extra $15/month for 2 PV plans when I would see actual PV 2-3 time per year while traveling, but the selection of PV devices was better than the non-PV devices. I finally bit the bullet and got 2 Centros on SERO last month, and kept my 3 line family plan active, and took all of the extras off. They'll be my kids phones for the time being (thoroughly restricted of course). I have the 500 minute SERO plan w/unlimited PV, unlimited texts, + TEP for $37/month per line. They have a 1250 minute plan for 49.99 with unlimited PV, unlimited texts.
    Last edited by merc; 11/22/2007 at 11:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    $15 plan works just fine. That's what I have.

I'm in mostly a non-evdo area.
    Here is my experience. I live in a non EVDO area. When I switched to the centro, they told me my data plan would not change. I just checked on line, and it shows $10 a month.

My phone says PowerVision when it powers up, and I am up in the DC area for Thanksgiving, so I looked forward to EVDO speeds. No dice. Nothing says EVDO on any of my screens, and I am getting the same Internet speed as at home.
    FYI: If you look real close above the signal bars there is an up and down arrow if you are using EVDO those arrows will "light up" blue (from their standby gray color). If you are in 1xRTT they will "light up" green.
    Quote Originally Posted by grant21 View Post
    $15 plan works just fine. That's what I have.

I'm in mostly a non-evdo area.
    thanks good to hear, i will be activating my phone shortly
    I have a co-worker in a different city on the 'regular' vision. Here in california though when i ordered my Centro from sprint.com, the only option they even game me was the $30/month package. Thankfully work foots the bill.
    I am getting EVDO with the $15/month Sprint PowerVision access pack. (Coming from a 650 on Cingular, this is a might fine upgrade.)
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Ok so here's an update to my saga. I bought a Centro on ebay, after being told by sprint reps in store that once I bought one, I could use my existing plan.

Here's my existing plan... $15/month gets me 1500 anytime minutes, unlimited vision and unlimited texts.

I phoned in to switch it over, and the guy tells me that my plan won't allow activation on a Centro. He tries several things and tells me to call back and ask the agent if they have access to the P2K computer system, because they can do it from there.

So I call in again, get an agent with the P2K system, 15 minutes later he's at the same conclusion, can't put the phone on my plan.

So I ask how much it would be to add PowerVision to my plan, he says that as soon as he makes any changes, it expires my plan, and i'd have to be signing up for entirely new service (if that's the case why did I buy the phone for full price??).

So... to those of you using the Centro on a regular vision plan, how do I get past these idiots at the phone center? Do I try going back to the original store that told me to buy it online and phone in the activation? Seems they're all on the same stupid system.

Any help?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Ok well after calling 2 different customer service reps, a sprint store manager, and then back to customer service, the guy was finally able to get with tech support and figure out how to keep my minutes and add the power vision plan for $15. Finally up and running. Thanks all for your feedback.