Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't use it (yet), but I know a lot of people here do. Chattermail was recently updated: http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...&prodid=131994

Palm's own site shows v3.09 at the moment. Posts about stability and other comments regarding the application welcome here.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    somthing weird is going on...

palm gear says 3.010

Palms site says 3.09 but is says updated 11/19/07

I've installed both and in the "about chattermail" on both it says 3.0.7

Can anyone confirm which is the most recent version???
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    From the Chatter Email Site
    "To update Chatter

Version 3.07 or higher - In Chatter tap the time in the upper left hand corner and press the letter Z
    Version 3.06 and earlier - In Chatter tap the time in the upper left hand corner press Q - Launch the Treo's web browser - Go to get.chatteremail.com and the install should proceed from there.

If you prefer to hotsync the files they will be available next week at www.chatteremail.com

User of EX PLEASE NOTE In order to receive attachments you will need to also update your EX Send and Sync files."
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    By the way chattermail is AWESOME... I LOVE it and couldn't really get by without it...

Set the mail button to go to next mailbox... and you can zip through all your mail fast as lightning...

Great/stable program... soooo much better than versamail...
    if they would only make it like versamail and sync contacts and calender then I would be able to use it. I don't even think they are still developing the EAS side of the program.
    Yeah it's not developed or supported. And last I checked it doesn't work properly with Exchange 2007 anyways...
    Works fine, expect that i seem to have duplicates of messages in the Gmail IMAP usage. Any thoughts?
    Laissez Faire
    type recent: before your info...
    I upgrade for 9.0x to the 10.x from the upgrade Chatter menu option without a hitch. I use Chatter for my personal email and Versamail for my work. Wish Versomail would save to the card like Chatter does.

Whay has Chatter always lacked in integrated help or documentaion department. It is a web-based app which means that we have an Internet connection, why not have a link to online help to a palm-friendly web page? The newer devices can read PDF out the box and the older Treos can use the free app, PalmPDF so why not have a link that allows us to get the online PDF file? It is silly that it simple refers us to an URL where we can get it, like we have to go to a desktop computer to retrieve or read it anymore.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    This has been mentioned, but Chatter seems to use a lot of battery. I have all the * options selected, but it still seems to burn battery power. Any solutions?
    Laissez Faire
    i have not noticed increased battery use??? How often do you have it check???
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    I upgrade for 9.0x to the 10.x from the upgrade Chatter menu option without a hitch. I use Chatter for my personal email and Versamail for my work. Wish Versomail would save to the card like Chatter does.

Whay has Chatter always lacked in integrated help or documentaion department. It is a web-based app which means that we have an Internet connection, why not have a link to online help to a palm-friendly web page? The newer devices can read PDF out the box and the older Treos can use the free app, PalmPDF so why not have a link that allows us to get the online PDF file? It is silly that it simple refers us to an URL where we can get it, like we have to go to a desktop computer to retrieve or read it anymore.
    I can't get the upgrade chatter option to work on mine... am i doing somthing wrong... it takes me to a web page but nothing happens...
    I had the same problem when updating to 3.09. I just reinstalled the updated version.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    Well, what's stopping you from going to that URL on your Treo, downloading the PDF, and viewing it with docs to go or similar? I can see the point that having help integrated differently might be interesting. But if it came down to a decision between new features or enhancements, and pretty integrated docs... well, I can deal with a standalone PDF thanks. ;-)

But of course, that's all moot now... as it has been "mature" for a bit now. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    This has been mentioned, but Chatter seems to use a lot of battery. I have all the * options selected, but it still seems to burn battery power. Any solutions?
    As indicated by others, this usually amounts to config. Yeah, you turned on all the * options, but those are only global optimizations that can help reduce battery life if you don't need the feature (or PalmOS workaround) they offer. Further, you need to look at how many mailboxes you have, how many are set to poll, and how frequently they are set to poll.

In my case, I have 8 mailboxes, two using IMAP IDLE and the other six polling at frequencies between 13 minutes and 120 minutes. That's in addition to having Mundu running with 4 IM services always logged in. I easily make it through a whole day now. Note that I did start using a Seidio 2400mAh battery; that wimpy thing Palm shipped the 680 with just wasn't up to the task.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    i have not noticed increased battery use??? How often do you have it check???
    I have it on push. It seems to check automatically.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I have it on push. It seems to check automatically.
    For giggles, take it out of push and have it check once an hour to see how it affects your battery drain.
    after you updated does it still read 3.0.7 in the about chattermail option??? i've installed the updates but i havent noticed any changes...

am i doing somthing wrong... Do i need to delete the old version and start over??? or do you just install the new one over the top???
    No, you need to shut down Chatter first, then install. Remember the files on Chatteremail.com are NOT updated until NEXT week. You can only check/download from within Chatter or Palmgear.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Out of curiosity, I had been using chatter with my old 650.
    And one feature that I loved on the 650, was that it had a little yellow envelop on the right hand corner indicating how many new incoming messages I had waiting in my inbox.
    Now after doing a little research, I found out that the envelop appears on the 650-700, and not on the 755.
    does anyone know if with the update, does chatter fix it so that we can get the envelop on the right corner???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast