Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    PictureSMS 1.12 - November 21, 2007

PictureSMS 1.12 has been officially released. You can also get it via the On-Board Updater.

Here are the changes:

1. SMS Scheduler and Compose New SMS now support adding recipients by contact category (e.g. Unfiled, Business, Personal, etc.). Only Mobile phones will be recognized and added. Applicable to both Treo built-in phonebook and PictureSMS addressbook.

2. PictureSMS now supports any picture sizes including the pictures taken using the Treo camera to fit the whole screen of the New SMS window and the LilPic pictures. No need to resize the pictures on your PC/Mac. PictureSMS will do the resizing without affecting the original. However, the ideal sizes for picture caller ID and LilPic still stand, so you can have better control.

3. Added support for the Palm Centro.

4. Added picture preview while selecting picturs in Picture media setting and LilPic setting.

5. Added QuickText template.

6. Added support for Treo camera pictures located in the \DCIM or in any folder of the SD Card. PictureSMS will automatically display the pictures taken from the Treo camera to fit the whole screen of the New SMS window without physically resizing the original. This is a cool new feature.

7. All pictures now load 45% faster than the previous versions. This is the result of supporting pnoJpegLib. JpegLib is no longer supported. pnoJpegLib is available in the zip file or can be downloaded using PictureSMS.

8. Searching for a contact in PictureSMS Address book is now smarter. Implementing the search-while-typing SQL query scheme. For Example, if you want to search for the contacts that starts with the name John, just type John. If you want to find the contacts with the name John ANYWHERE in the contact's name, just use the asterisk wildcard as the prefix *John. NOTE: Wildcard search is slower than the normal search. Thanks to twitch3 of TreoCentral for the suggestion.

9. Implements better heap memory management.

10. ALLCONTACTS media setting can now be manually added and deleted.

11. Fixed some bugs.

12. FREE: pSMSLauncher plug-in (2Kb). The first PictureSMS plug-in that will let you compose and send SMS anywhere in your Treo. You can put it on your launcher and manually launch it. Or assign it to a button for the long-press or key combination access. No need to go to the main PictureSMS or the Treo phonebook contacts just to send SMS. If Nokia phones can do it, so can we. hehe.

www.suntzu-software.com
    SMS Machine PictureSMS SMS Commander BattLogger TraceCrash MemoManager vCardManager

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    Suntzupa: nice update

Quick question: PictureSMS relies on System Sounds for volume, correct? (As opposed to the "messaging" volume).

Is there a way around this? The only reason I ask is by default, I keep System Sounds off since I can't stand the little "booping" sound everytime I click the screen, lol. I was thinking if it had it's own sound manager it might work like this. OTOH, I know nothing of programming and for all I know I'm already missing this feature.

Thanks,

-Mal

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    There's a volume slider in the media manager. If I turn off system sounds I still get the test alert.

Great update.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    There's a volume slider in the media manager. If I turn off system sounds I still get the test alert.

Great update.
    Ah, great info. Last time I tried that it didn't work for me like that--but in hindsight I was also using a non-Centro approved version, so I guess I can chalk that up to incompatibly issues in that version vs. how the program actually works.

I'll give it another shot

Small bump

Suntzupa:

I've installed 1.12 on my Centro but here is my issue:

• When selecting sounds for my default SMS or any individual, the sound file does *not* play. All I get is a long "doooot". Doesn't matter if .wav or .mp3, card or internal
    • Volume for that long beep is dependent not on the volume slider but on my System Sound being on and the level (which brings me back to my original post up above)

This behavior has been happening ever since I tried this program so it is not specific to 1.12 but happened on 1.1 and 1.11 too.

Any thoughts, ideas or fixes? I'm not running anything out of the ordinary to cause such behavior AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

6.    #6  
    Thanks for the report Malatesta. We'll sort it out. Oh one possible solution could be Minitone and internal MIDI tone support which will surely be included on the next version. Still, we have to find the problem on your Centro.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I just moved in to a new place. But I'm cool now.
    Last edited by Suntzupa; 11/25/2007 at 08:59 PM.
    SMS Machine PictureSMS SMS Commander BattLogger TraceCrash MemoManager vCardManager

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzupa View Post
    Thanks for the report Malatesta. We'll sort it out. Oh one possible solution could be Minitone and internal MIDI tone support which will surely be included on the next version. Still, we have to find the problem on your Centro.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I just moved in to a new place. But I'm cool now.
    That's cool. Yeah, I'm using minitones right now, so I have no issue with using that method if that is an avenue out in a newer version.

Let me know if you need some testing.

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Thanks for the program, it's coming along. Three issues though.

When I get multiple trext messages, I see at the top of the notification how many there are, but I don't know how to see any but the first one. Not sure if I am missing somthing or if this something that needs to be addressed.

I don't understand the need for the Psms address book, Palm address book, and the media manager. It would be nice if all three could be one, but I understand Psms may be doing more than the Palm addess book can handle. Eliminating one would make it a little easier to add a new contact.

Also, it would be nice to start typing in the Recipient field in Compose, as opposed to going into the address book.

Thanks for all the hard work, it is a great program.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    That's cool. Yeah, I'm using minitones right now, so I have no issue with using that method if that is an avenue out in a newer version.

Let me know if you need some testing.
    We'll surely need your help to test it. I'll let you know. Thanks.

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Thanks for the program, it's coming along. Three issues though.

When I get multiple trext messages, I see at the top of the notification how many there are, but I don't know how to see any but the first one. Not sure if I am missing somthing or if this something that needs to be addressed.

I don't understand the need for the Psms address book, Palm address book, and the media manager. It would be nice if all three could be one, but I understand Psms may be doing more than the Palm addess book can handle. Eliminating one would make it a little easier to add a new contact.

Also, it would be nice to start typing in the Recipient field in Compose, as opposed to going into the address book.

Thanks for all the hard work, it is a great program.

Hi dave75!

You've just spilled the beans! The list with LilPic support for multiple incoming SMS is scheduled for version 1.15 or 1.16. Hehe. The idea spawned while we were doing the version 1.0. We thought of not including it that time since we prioritized working on some more important features. In the built-in messaging app, you would only see "You've receive 3 messages" which leaves you really clueless. Currently in PictureSMS, you would see the first SMS that you've received and the window title would say "3 New Text Messages". The multiple-sms-preview feature is really a cool and useful feature.

Psms address book is intended for those who has strange caller ID problem. On their Treo, the number appears instead of the name in their phonebook. If you don't have problem with the caller id, just disable Psms address book. They both function the same but our address book is just more flexible.

Due to the limited screen space of our Treo/Centro, we don't have plans for now to change the way on adding a recipient. Of course, there is a way called plug-in.

Just stay put mate.

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Hi dave75!

You've just spilled the beans! The list with LilPic support for multiple incoming SMS is scheduled for version 1.15 or 1.16. Hehe. The idea spawned while we were doing the version 1.0. We thought of not including it that time since we prioritized working on some more important features. In the built-in messaging app, you would only see "You've receive 3 messages" which leaves you really clueless. Currently in PictureSMS, you would see the first SMS that you've received and the window title would say "3 New Text Messages". The multiple-sms-preview feature is really a cool and useful feature.

Psms address book is intended for those who has strange caller ID problem. On their Treo, the number appears instead of the name in their phonebook. If you don't have problem with the caller id, just disable Psms address book. They both function the same but our address book is just more flexible.

Due to the limited screen space of our Treo/Centro, we don't have plans for now to change the way on adding a recipient. Of course, there is a way called plug-in.

Just stay put mate.
    Cool, I look forward to trying it out.

OK, I will try that. I have had issues with names not showing up. Only the number would show up for a person that was in my Palm address book. That's why I started using the Psms address book. I'm not sure what all my settings were though, I will investigate more.

There should be no need to add more real estate to type the name in. I was thinking about the block that shows the names of the recipients. It is possible to select it when there are no names in it, but nothing happens if I start typing.

When you talk about the plug-in, do you mean the pSMSlauncher? I am using that, and it's cool, but it doesn't help with what I was referring to.
  12.    #12  
    We'll try to find a way for that.

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Having a few issues with version 1.12. I get a reset every once an a while when a new message comes in. Error message: "Form 68k.c line 1771, No form event handler"

Also, when I use the built-in contacts, with no Lil pic, I don't get a name when I get a new message. Just the number shows up even though I started a thread with that person. The first message I send out uses their name, but when they reply the name is replaced with their number.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Having a few issues with version 1.12. I get a reset every once an a while when a new message comes in. Error message: "Form 68k.c line 1771, No form event handler"

Also, when I use the built-in contacts, with no Lil pic, I don't get a name when I get a new message. Just the number shows up even though I started a thread with that person. The first message I send out uses their name, but when they reply the name is replaced with their number.
    Hi dave,

hmm..We are investigating on that error. By the way, when does it usually happen? While receiving an SMS? or your treo is just on idle.

That could be the caller id problem. Please try to use the PictureSMS address book.
    Last edited by Suntzupa; 12/04/2007 at 10:43 PM.

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Hi dave,

hmm..We are investigating on that error. By the way, when does it usually happen? While receiving an SMS? or your treo is just on idle.

That could be the caller id problem. Please try to use the PictureSMS address book.

I know it has happened when a new message comes in, but I'm not sure if that's the only time it happens. I get a reset about every other day, maybe every three days. I have Chatter and 4cast going in the background, maybe they're conflicting?

What is the caller id problem? Is this something that can be fixed? I can live with it if you think it can be fixed in a later release.
  16.    #16  
    OK. We don't have chatter and 4cast on our Treos. Hope we could replicate the problem.

I think I already mentioned the strange caller id at post #10. Kindly check.

I'll keep you posted on the development.

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Oh, I thought the caller ID issue was with somebody's name or something like that, specific to the individual contact. It sounds like you're saying it's a problem with the phone or carrier because it happens with all my contacts. Thanks for the update.
  18.    #18  
    Hi dave,

Honestly, I'm still clueless on how it happens. I doubled and tripled check our PictureSMS codes but no avail. In desperation, I sent an email to one of our reliable patrons inquiring if he still experiencing "No Form Event Handler" error. He had that error 3 or 4 weeks ago. And this is his reply:

Good news on the new version! I would be happy to beta test it for you.

I have not encountered the "No Form Event Handler" error since my last report. I have updated a couple of other internal programs to new versions so they may have been the culprit (YourCall and Agendus Pro from iambic) and may be playing nicely with 1.13 now. iambic is not very good with customer support or getting back to the end users when there are questions or problems.

So the error could be caused by another software coz we could not even replicate it on our Treo. Hopefully, we could catch the culprit red-handed.

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Just installed the trial of 1.12, and I'm not getting any sound whatsoever when testing incoming SMS. I have PTunes 4.06 installed and all that sort of thing, but I'm not getting any sound. Switched on System Volume just in case, but it didn't help. Just got a long tone, and that was it. Seems cool, but I can't really buy it unless it'll play sounds. .

Software installed and running in the background: CJKOS, Chatter. Wouldn't have thought that would affect it though.

Also, I'm not sure how to get the automatic image resizing to work? When I set a picture to appear, it'll just cut it off rather than trying to resize it, which is kinda annoying.

EDIT: Running a Treo 680 with 1.09 ATT, carrier is Vodafone New Zealand.
    Last edited by ipsi; 01/26/2008 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Specifiying Phone
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Did you follow the directions and create a sound in media manager for all contacts?
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast