Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Yeah, and it didn't seem to do much. Is there a reason it won't play the inbuilt Midi files? I'd rather it used those if it could.

Oh, and I forgot I have CallBlock installed. May have to turn that off and try again. Feh.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipsi View Post
    Yeah, and it didn't seem to do much. Is there a reason it won't play the inbuilt Midi files? I'd rather it used those if it could.

Oh, and I forgot I have CallBlock installed. May have to turn that off and try again. Feh.
    Yes please try to turn it temporarily off.
    SMS Machine PictureSMS SMS Commander BattLogger TraceCrash MemoManager vCardManager

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Disabled CallBlock and it didn't achieve anything. Need to try a few other things though. All I can say is that I get a 'BEEP' sound when I try to test a message. This only works when system sounds are turned on. And that's not an option as they're way, way too annoying. Is it the version of PocketTunes that I'm using? 4.0.6?

Also didn't get a popup (or any notification) when I received a real message. I'll keep playing around and see if I can find the problem.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Ok, here's the situation currently:

Deleted Call Block entirely. Turned *on* Picture SMS (it was always on, just confirming). Have set the MP3 for All Contacts as instructed. Have set a Custom MP3 tone for one contact. Am using PSMS contacts database.

First: It will never turn the screen on when I receive a new message. It will vibrate, but there's no sound. I have done a soft reset (well, I crashed my device) since removing Call Block, but no improvement.

Second: It will not play sound. No way. I've got no idea what's going wrong. I've removed the only program that could conflict with it (and I'm assuming it's been properly removed), and I'm not getting sound. Not cool.

Third: The PSMS contacts app has some issues searching for my Chinese contacts (e.g. someone has the name 杨淑萍, entering 杨 provides nothing).

Basically I've got no idea what's gone wrong... The app is basically unusable as it stands. I know it works great for other people. Not sure why I'm special.
  5.    #25  
    ipsi, may I ask what's your device? Thanks.

And did you test the sound alert in PSMS using the built-in tones?
    SMS Machine PictureSMS SMS Commander BattLogger TraceCrash MemoManager vCardManager

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    My Device is a Treo 680 with firmware 1.34, AT&T 1.09.

I couldn't see an option to use the built-in tones. The Midis right? Where is it?
  7.    #27  
    Yes, it's the MIDI. I think you are still not using PictureSMS 1.13 Beta. Please download it from:

www.suntzu-software.com/beta.htm

http://suntzu-software.com/beta/smsm...13b0000160.jpg

http://suntzu-software.com/beta/smsm...13b0004160.jpg

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I've just installed it, but I've run out of time for my 7-day trial. Is there no way to extend this so I can test to see if it works?

I didn't install it before because it's a *BETA* version, which isn't really something I should be installing as a first-time user.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipsi View Post
    I've just installed it, but I've run out of time for my 7-day trial. Is there no way to extend this so I can test to see if it works?

I didn't install it before because it's a *BETA* version, which isn't really something I should be installing as a first-time user.
    Can you pm me your hotsyncid I'll send you something mate. Please hold on.

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12