1.    #1  
    I'm not sure others have experienced this, but once in a while my LCD will get really dark (1/10, 10 being the brightest) instead of the normal LCD level during a long phone call which is about 5/10. I think this started after I instead Phone Technician. I installed that program a while back so I can completely turn off the LCD during calls, but one time the LCD wouldn't turn on anymore, and I had to reset the phone. I have since uninstalled the program.
    Quote Originally Posted by gordec View Post
    I'm not sure others have experienced this, but once in a while my LCD will get really dark (1/10, 10 being the brightest) instead of the normal LCD level during a long phone call which is about 5/10. I think this started after I instead Phone Technician. I installed that program a while back so I can completely turn off the LCD during calls, but one time the LCD wouldn't turn on anymore, and I had to reset the phone. I have since uninstalled the program.
    I seem to recall similar problems when I've played with Butler and Phone Technician and BrightCam - a little too much "control" for me.. I'm guessing that something was still "enabled" when you deleted the program - I'd suggest reinstalling it and then meticulously checking every setting to be sure it's disabled and back to default before deleting.

One tip for when you get that "LCD too dark to read" issue: try hitting the Option+P buttons and then tap the 5-way to the right several times to see if you can get the brightness to come up again. As long as the device is "on" then this usually works to get your visuals back so you can fix things.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Also, just in case you aren't aware of this, in "Prefs">"Power" there is a slider to adjust brightness AND a drop down to set the time for backlight to dim during a call (that you can adjust).
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Happens to every 755p I have played with. It has to do with heat. When your on a long call the lcd stays on for a while and sometimes never goes off. That builds up heat and you probably noticed a differance in the phone temp as well. There is really nothing that I have found that helps other than letting it cool down for a few minutes and then it comes right back up. And if this only happens when your on say a long call then there is no setting that is messed up or a setting you can set to fix it.
    Same here - I have Phone Tech to turn off the screen after 20 seconds so during a long call my screen is off. When I then end the call the screen is at a decreased brightness.

This is also noticed on a average length call in my home which is where I get a less than crappy signal...
    This happens to me, at times, in PTunes and Kinoma Player