1.    #1  
    We've had a few different units since we first signed up for 755p's. My first one let me sign onto AIM using the built-in IM app. My girlfriend couldn't sign on, though.

On our current units, I can't sign in, but she can. It's nuts.

If I remember correctly, I can sign on with her unit, so it's not a problem with our AIM/AOL accounts or sign-in information.

Someone posted a link to an AIM application from a UK site, but it didn't work for me. PLEASE tell me there's a viable application solution out there to this AIM madness! I'd rather not have to sign on through the web.

Thanks.

EDIT: Update.
    Last edited by west3man; 11/21/2007 at 07:09 AM.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    We've had a few different units since we first signed up for 755p's. My first one let me sign onto AIM using the built-in IM app. My girlfriend couldn't sign on, though.

On our current units, I can't sign in, but she can. It's nuts.

If I remember correctly, I can sign on with her unit, so it's not a problem with our AIM/AOL accounts or sign-in information.

Someone posted a link to an AIM application from a UK site, but it didn't work for me. PLEASE tell me there's a viable application solution out there to this AIM madness! I'd rather not have to sign on through the web.

Thanks.
    Best free solution is Toccer. I use it a good amount and it's pretty stable.

http://www.atomiccog.com/products/toccer-for-treo/
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
  3.    #3  
    My 755p started looping, today. It really left me p.o.'ed - especially when Sprint told me that their techs had gone home for the day and wouldn't help me until tomorrow.

The young lady told me (among other things) that I could try a hard reset if I didn't want to wait, since that's what the techs would probably do, anyway. Although I didn't want to lose my data, I eventually tried it.

I'm glad I did because, after the hard reset, I decided to try the IM application, again - just in case. I successfully signed on the first attempt.

That's more than I was able to do before. After the hard reset, the application needed to be downloaded and reinstalled. I have to assume it was an update since I'd tried reinstalling before, but still was unable to sign on.

Anyway, I thought this was worth sharing in case anyone else was bothered by not being able to use the IM application. I haven't tried Yahoo, yet, but MSN Messenger seems to be working fine, as well.

By the way, thanks for responding, E.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I haved use Mundu IM since I got the 755p in May 2007 with one single problem. It is only $11. Palminfocenter.com has a promotion that ends today Nov 21 where you get a discount off and can get the Mundu IM for $8 USD.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I've had no problems with the built in app. I use it for my MSN, Yahoo and AOL and can be signed in to all three. It makes me wonder if there is a third party app that people have that somehow alters the way it works.
    the only problem i have with the built in app is if you have more than 25 buddies you cant see them all on the screen, it makes me wonder how does the im app choose who you can actually see on your buddy list.