1.    #1  
    I start off this holiday week with heavy heart. My PRESTINE Verizon 650 of three years has finally succomed to the failed jack problem. My headset and speakerphone works fine. I LOVE my 650!

YES, I did a search and have diagnosed the problem as well as trying out these "free" solutions:

1. Stuck my 2.5mm Siedo ear jack in and out.
    2. Stuck my 2.5mm Siedo ear jack half way in did the "pinch" thing.
    3. Already had VolumeCare and downloaded the "VolumeBypass" and try to do bypass.
    4. Downloaded HeadCold and tried that.

Does that mean that this is NOT the jack problem but an internal speaker problem?

I only use my 650 for a phone and to run the various Palm applications (games, movies, mp3, databases, etc). I don't subscribe or use the data services (i.e. email, internet). I guess the question I have is, "What should I do?"

• Send my phone off to nonobeez to have his "fix" done for $85?
    • Upgrade to the 700p for $250 (after rebates)
    • Buy a used 650 and "attempt" to do a case/keyboard/screen swap" (I'm not all that proficient with micro electronics)
    • Other Suggestions ________________

I'm terribly lost without my Treo 650 and sadden at the prospect of not having a Palm OS phone. I've been reading these forums since I got my Treo 650 and trust all of our opinions. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

TIA folks!!!!
    I guess you won't consider a hard reset, you never know. That fixes so many "bugs" I love my 650 too and will hang on to it and fix it as long as possible. You could always just buy another 650 on ebay, I won one for $85 in mint condition. Good luck.
    I don't have much experience with this, but IMO the failed jack problem that is common on 650s results in not being able to use either the speakerphone or the earspeaker. When you try to make a call, do you see the Spkr-phone button? When a headset is plugged in (or when the phone is broken and thinks one is plugged in), the button should disappear. If it is gone, it sounds like a phantom jack. If not, your earspeaker might be the problem. See if you can get any audio through the earspeaker, using either VolumeeCare or Toysoft's Freedom.

If the earspeaker is dead, it shouldn't be too hard to fix. I've seen the part on ebay regularly for pretty cheap. The Treo isn't too hard to take apart, although you would have to take everything out to get to the earspeaker.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by topcover View Post
    I start off this holiday week with heavy heart. My PRESTINE Verizon 650 of three years has finally succomed to the failed jack problem. My headset and speakerphone works fine. I LOVE my 650!

YES, I did a search and have diagnosed the problem as well as trying out these "free" solutions:

1. Stuck my 2.5mm Siedo ear jack in and out.
    2. Stuck my 2.5mm Siedo ear jack half way in did the "pinch" thing.
    3. Already had VolumeCare and downloaded the "VolumeBypass" and try to do bypass.
    4. Downloaded HeadCold and tried that.

Does that mean that this is NOT the jack problem but an internal speaker problem?

I only use my 650 for a phone and to run the various Palm applications (games, movies, mp3, databases, etc). I don't subscribe or use the data services (i.e. email, internet). I guess the question I have is, "What should I do?"

• Send my phone off to nonobeez to have his "fix" done for $85?
    • Upgrade to the 700p for $250 (after rebates)
    • Buy a used 650 and "attempt" to do a case/keyboard/screen swap" (I'm not all that proficient with micro electronics)
    • Other Suggestions ________________

I'm terribly lost without my Treo 650 and sadden at the prospect of not having a Palm OS phone. I've been reading these forums since I got my Treo 650 and trust all of our opinions. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

TIA folks!!!!
    My advice. Sell your Treo 650 on Ebay and buy a Curve 8310