Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Well I got my Centro and it looks beautiful but that's all I can say for now. Why? It came with a damaged battery!!! The corner is bent and the tab is sticking out. I am so angry right now it's not funny. I'm going out of town for the week tomorrow so having a new one shipped to me is not an option. I'm currently getting ready to visit every Sprint Store and Radio Shack in the city in hopes of finding one. ARGH!!!
  2. #2  
    You're in NY you should find the real Sprint service center and they'll give you a new one. I got a new Nextel phone and an extended battery on the spot, only at a real Sprint location. There must one somewhere in NY? You could always get a "new" one in case it isn't, which I imagine it is, and exchange it when you get back. At least you'll have something.
  3. #3  
    Wow....

    That's bad. Did you buy it new from Sprint and had shipped to you. If so, I can't believe a new in the box Centro and battery was not inspected before sealing the box.

    Or did you buy it used on a Ebay sale?

    No sprint stores in your neck of the woods?
  4.    #4  
    I bought it via Sprint.com. We do have a Sprint store nearby. Called them and the woman who answered was unbelievably rude. She told us no exchange, no batteries were available for sale, that we could leave it with the repair center and get it back in 7-10 days or order a new battery and wait two weeks, and if we didn't like those options "tough s-" Really. I was floored. Luckily there is a happy ending. Somehow my hubby managed to fix the bent corner and it works like a charm. Charged up and I'm now streaming my favorite radio station...this thing sounds AMAZING. I am ordering the extended battery once they are back in stock. :-)
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWalsh623 View Post
    I am ordering the extended battery once they are back in stock. :-)
    you and everybody else on the planet
    Ive got more Guns than you.
  6. #6  
    If you order it online, and it is still within the first 30 days of your purchase. You should call 866 789 8299 to get a return authorization. They will email you the authorization, just print it out and bring it to a store for exchange. I just did it yesterday.
  7. #7  
    Where can I find this "extended battery"?

    MG
  8. grant21's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWalsh623 View Post
    I bought it via Sprint.com. We do have a Sprint store nearby. Called them and the woman who answered was unbelievably rude. She told us no exchange, no batteries were available for sale, that we could leave it with the repair center and get it back in 7-10 days or order a new battery and wait two weeks, and if we didn't like those options "tough s-" Really. I was floored. Luckily there is a happy ending. Somehow my hubby managed to fix the bent corner and it works like a charm. Charged up and I'm now streaming my favorite radio station...this thing sounds AMAZING. I am ordering the extended battery once they are back in stock. :-)
    Where did you find the extended battery?
  9. #9  
    You have to love sprint c/s
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    You have to love sprint c/s
    That's not Sprint Customer Service, that's one bad employee. I would've called and asked the store if they had any Centros. If they said yes I'd head over there and tell them to exchange it. Having it less than 30 days they would've done it in a minute and you'd be out of there within 15 minutes of being waited on, with a new phone. Thats as long as it is a company store.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  11. #11  
    That doesn't sound like an official/real Sprint store, just one with a Sprint logo like the rest of them. You should go online and see if you can narrow it down, I think the real ones have a repair center on the premises but some have a repair center that are not real so you should confirm that. It sounds like you're all set but depending on what is broken and if it could get worse you might consider exchanging it when you get back.
  12. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    #12  
    Id contact customer care and tell them about it. Unless your fix worked out and you no longer care.
  13. #13  
    ya, stores won't change out a battery, but you can just take the whole phone back and they will swap the complete phone out.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    That's not Sprint Customer Service, that's one bad employee. I would've called and asked the store if they had any Centros. If they said yes I'd head over there and tell them to exchange it. Having it less than 30 days they would've done it in a minute and you'd be out of there within 15 minutes of being waited on, with a new phone. Thats as long as it is a company store.
    True.... I do think its was an authorized rep and not an official store.
  15. #15  
    I mentioned in another thread how no one in my area had the Centro so I went online to try and find an official/real Sprint store, which has a service center. I went to two of them, which turned out weren't official.

    One store had one guy on the phone in back so I started looking at the Nextels since I've been a customer for so long and almost went with the 902 before the Centro. I'm waiting around and the guy gives me the "just a second" finger. I'm like ok, no prob. Finally I approach a little closer and he's talking about his BBQ. I'm like no way is that a customer so I get in his face only to find out he doesn't have the Centro either.

    The real Sprint stores are like Mercedes dealers, not that I know but they give you that kind of attention, have everything on display and fully functional to test and play with. They also look like a car dealership.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    The real Sprint stores are like Mercedes dealers, not that I know but they give you that kind of attention, have everything on display and fully functional to test and play with. They also look like a car dealership.
    Good analogy. It's funny. When it's too cold, wet or dark outside, my wife and I will walk the mall instead of the park. When we walk past the Sprint kiosk the guy is never there. We always see him walking around the mall talking on the phone or flirting with the girls who work at other stores. It doesn't matter who the guy is either. One time we saw a woman waiting at the kiosk while we passed it three times (30 minutes) and I don't know if she ever got helped or left as she wasn't there the next time we went by.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  17. #17  
    Next time show them your Centro and offer your Sero intel for $10. I have helped people out who I thought were considering buying the "wrong" HDTV in the store. They thanked me and said they'd look into it before buying anything.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    Next time show them your Centro and offer your Sero intel for $10. I have helped people out who I thought were considering buying the "wrong" HDTV in the store. They thanked me and said they'd look into it before buying anything.
    I'd have to get a Centro first.

    I have a 755, and just changed to Sprint in May, so I have 1 1/2 years before I can renew. I would upgrade if I could, but I am very happy with the 755.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  19. grant21's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #19  
    Don't mean to hijack the thread but was wondering about the extended battery, any details on that?

Posting Permissions