Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    Documents to Go has just been updated to 10.02. This version now supports Office 2007 editing. You can read the story here on Palm Infocenter.

    Isn't this upgrade supposed to be free for Centro owners?
    When I click "check for updates," it says that I am running the latest version which is 10.000.
  2. #2  
    I got the same I am running the latest version which is 10.000 note.


  3. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    #3  
    Mine won't even register.
  4. #4  
    I just installed 10.02 and as soon as I try to open or edit a doc my Centro reboots. I tried deleting the Document item and reinstalled but I still get reboots.

    Anybody else?

    -CB
  5. #5  
    works fine for me.
  6. #6  
    I think that upgrade is for DTG Premium edition only. The one that came with Centro is the Professional Version.
  7. #7  
    The only question I want to know is would an update reside in ram and leave the old version in rom? If this is the case, I would rather stick with the rom version even if the update is free. Office 2007 isn't that widespread. Most people I know still you .doc instead of the newer .docx format. I don't know how much ram it would take up, but I'm not about to give up precious ram without a good reason.

    On the contrary, If the update could be burned to rom, then that would be worth it.
    David
  8. #8  
    yes it would. The ROM one would have to be updated in a firmware update. So you'll have the current update residing in RAM.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  9.    #9  
    Well, when I first got my Centro, I registered my DocsToGo with DataViz (that registration pop-up that occurs when first launching the program).

    It seems doing that paid off, because a few hours ago DataViz sent me an email with an upgrade link along with a registration and activation code for the new version.

    Suhweeeeeeeeet.
  10. LennyV's Avatar
    Posts
    377 Posts
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    Well, when I first got my Centro, I registered my DocsToGo with DataViz (that registration pop-up that occurs when first launching the program).

    It seems doing that paid off, because a few hours ago DataViz sent me an email with an upgrade link along with a registration and activation code for the new version.

    Suhweeeeeeeeet.
    Did you email them for that or did they just send it to you?
    Lenny


    Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

    [Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
  11. tlphipps's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #11  
    I still can't register. Everytime I fill out the info it tells me I have to provide an e-mail address. I've done it like 5 times now and always get that result. I've even tried two different e-mail addresses.

    Anybody else have this problem?
  12. #12  
    I registered when I first got both of my Centros. I got an email for 10.02. Went to the web-site and updated. Desktop and Centro versions are both 10.02 now. Of course, 10.02 is taking up memory on my device, because it is in RAM now.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by tlphipps View Post
    I still can't register. Everytime I fill out the info it tells me I have to provide an e-mail address. I've done it like 5 times now and always get that result. I've even tried two different e-mail addresses.

    Anybody else have this problem?
    I had the same problem the first four or five times I tried to register DtG on my new Centro. Tried three different email addresses but it kept telling me something about needing an "internet email address" I think. Gave up for a couple days then tried again a couple of nights ago and it registered on the first try. Not much help, but you might take another crack at it later?
  14. #14  
    I registered through the Centro, it went fine. The app did report that there is a newer version, I clicked on "go", and Blazer lauched to the site and reported that I am running the latest 10.00.

    I received an email verifying the registeration. In it, there is a link for support issues. The email indicates that I am running 10.002 with a registration number. I clicked on the support link, then download, and I was able to download the .prc, the desktop version, as well as the Mac version. I am able to download three times and have two days to do it (based on what was displayed on the screen). Go figure...
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

    BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

    A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
  15. #15  
    I'm in conversation with Dataviz tech support about my Docs2go Centro resets.

    Interestingly, ever since I tried to upgrade to 10.02 I get resets anytime I try to do anything with this app. Even, after I did a hard reset which should have returned me to the default Docs2go in ROM? I have asked them and wonder if their 10.02 update somehow updates/affects the ROM based version because Docs2Go is basically hosed on my Centro now.

    -CB
  16. #16  
    Anyone having problems downloading the update? I have DTG 10.000 but when I go to their website it looks like I have to have the 1yr download maintenance to get the download. The update is supposed to be a free update to registered owners of 10.000. This is a sneaky way to get an extra $3 or $4. I contacted DTG several days ago but no reply.
  17. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrison View Post
    I had the same problem the first four or five times I tried to register DtG on my new Centro. Tried three different email addresses but it kept telling me something about needing an "internet email address" I think. Gave up for a couple days then tried again a couple of nights ago and it registered on the first try. Not much help, but you might take another crack at it later?
    I am also having this issue.

    BUT when I used my GMAIL address it worked.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrison View Post
    I had the same problem the first four or five times I tried to register DtG on my new Centro. Tried three different email addresses but it kept telling me something about needing an "internet email address" I think. Gave up for a couple days then tried again a couple of nights ago and it registered on the first try. Not much help, but you might take another crack at it later?
    I am also having this issue.

    BUT when I used my GMAIL address it worked.
    I've been having this issue for the last two weeks or so, regardless of which email address I attempt to use. Still broken...
    --
    "I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred
  19. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    #19  
    i did three addresses before my GMail one. Gmail was the only that worked.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    i did three addresses before my GMail one. Gmail was the only that worked.
    Unfortunately, none of my 3 email addresses (including GMail) work...
    --
    "I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions