Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I'm having a hard time trying to hotsync my pictures from my Treo 650 to my PC. I don't have any problem transfering them from the PC to the Treo.

I know I can use a SD card reader for my memory card, but I figured it can be done by Hotsyncing it too.
    Can anyone help me with maybe something I have to do with the hotsync progam or my Palm desktop program.

Thanks,
    John
    Yes, when you open the Palm Desktop program, at the top toolbar click on Hotsync then click Custom; scroll down and be sure that Media is checked to sync. You should then see a Media tab on the left side of your Palm Desktop when you open it. Those are your photos.
    Or you can use some software like cardexport or cardreader to turn your treo into a card reader
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    Yes, when you open the Palm Desktop program, at the top toolbar click on Hotsync then click Custom; scroll down and be sure that Media is checked to sync. You should then see a Media tab on the left side of your Palm Desktop when you open it. Those are your photos.

Hi,
    Funnying thing, there is no Media tab on the left side of my Palm Desktop. Also it does not show up in my Custom folder.
    Is there a way I can add it to my Palm desktop and my Custom folder?

Thanks for the quick reply
    I think I read that the Media tab is a feature of the Sprint Treo 650. Just as well, as a card reader is faster than hotsync anyway. They are very low cost (
    SD card reader) good luck
    They sync automatically. You can directly access them by going to the c:\program Files\palmOne\

Look through the sub-dirs for the sub-sub-dirs called photos. There you are!
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?
    Did you install the Palm Desktop + conduits from the CD that came with your Treo?

The version on their web site does not include the Media conduit.

Right click the Palm icon in your taskbar and select Custom. Do you see the Media Conduit?

The pictures are copied to

C:\My Documents\My Pictures\palmOne Photos\Treo
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Well, I certainly learned a lot on this thread, thank you everyone. I never knew I had that PalmOne Photos folder inside My Pictures, never saw it there before. But I just checked, and it is sure is there holding every photo I ever took with my Treo!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Did you install the Palm Desktop + conduits from the CD that came with your Treo?

The version on their web site does not include the Media conduit.

Right click the Palm icon in your taskbar and select Custom. Do you see the Media Conduit?

The pictures are copied to

C:\My Documents\My Pictures\palmOne Photos\Treo

Now I know why I don't see the media conduit.....I didn't have the Palm desktop CD to install the desktop. I downloaded it from the Palm website thinking it would be the same application.

I don't know where I can get my hands on a Palm desktop CD.
    Is there a website out there that you know of that I can download the version of the desktop with the media conduit?

Thanks,
    John
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CUB1 View Post
    I don't know where I can get my hands on a Palm desktop CD.Is there a website out there that you know of that I can download the version of the desktop with the media conduit?
    see first post in this thread

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    see first post in this thread

cheers
    Thanks Geoff,
    All is well now with the link you provided.
    I uninstalled my previous version of the desktop and hotsync, and installed the version of the link you provided.

Now my pic and vidieos are safe on my PC....I finally have the media conduit in my hotsync!!!

Thanks to all who have helped me on this thread,
    John