Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Yes Folks,
    Sold the iPhone for Bill $$$. Treo was and is my first love, though! Settled for a much less expensive GSM 600. Scored it on ebay for $50. Couple of questions:
    1. Will the Pocket Media Player (TPMP?) Play movies on the 600?
    2. Will a 4gb SD work with the 600, and with ptunes?

Thanks In advance, hopefully there are some diehard 600 users still out there. Man, customizing the 600 is what started me on my journey, and It really was so much fun. I'm looking forward to getting my new baby up to speed!

-Mike
    Last edited by mkbomb; 11/19/2007 at 03:16 PM.
    1. Yes, TCPMP will play movies on treo depending on format - I don't know what it supports since I don't use it.
    2. There is a driver that you'll need to install for it to support SD cards >2GB - although I'm not sure if it works on the 600. Do a serach here or 650 forum.

From iPhone back to GSM Treo600? May I ask why, aside from the cost of course?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    1. Yes, TCPMP will play movies on treo depending on format - I don't know what it supports since I don't use it.
    2. There is a driver that you'll need to install for it to support SD cards >2GB - although I'm not sure if it works on the 600. Do a serach here or 650 forum.

From iPhone back to GSM Treo600? May I ask why, aside from the cost of course?
    Needed Money to pay bills, That's why I sold my iPhone. Like I said, I really do love the Treo 600. There is a MAGIC to these phones. The iPhone is great, but with the Treo, users and developers experienced and cultivated an incredible and powerful device. We laid the foundation for the glossy interface of the iPhone. I liken the Treo to a classic hotrod compared to a modern one. There's GUTS in the Treo. I'm glad to be back, baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by mkbomb View Post
    ... I liken the Treo to a classic hotrod compared to a modern one. There's GUTS in the Treo. I'm glad to be back, baby!
    don't think that I would have gone for the T-Ford though.
    Welcome back. I haven't owned a 600 in years. but. I just shelfed the iPhone will sell it soon for a ipod touch and bought a 680 again.
    i think the largest card that you can put in the 600 is 2GB, as long as you have the latest firmware upgrade.

a little tip on the TCPMP: when encoding your videos make sure that you encode them as little as possible. meaning make the video specs as small as possible. I'm using pocketDivx encoder and my settings are as low as possible without upsetting the quality too much. i've also gone and set the resolution of the videos i've encoded at 300x200. anything higher and the picture will skip intolerably. this is a little limitation of the TI OMAP 144 Mhz chip being used by the 600.
    When you're encoding video for the 600 there's no reason to use any resolution higher than 180x180, as it's a low-rez device. Makes the files much smaller and makes video playback smoother on the slower processor. I used to watch movies on my old 600 all the time with TCPMP! Works great. With a 2GB card you could probably fit 6-7 full length movies if you encode them specially for it (160 width, mono sound).
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755