Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Saw this program on Palmgear. It says it increases the resolution of pics taken with the Treos and Centro. Anyone ever try it. I am going to give it a spin and see what i get.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...&prodid=136519

Photos HQ is an application that lets you capture photographs of much higher quality than those created by the default camera software of your mobile phone.

Photos HQ enhances the capture capabilities of devices with an SVGA (640x480) camera and increases the resolution to 960x720 pixels by combining two consecutive images.

Additionally, Photos HQ brings new features such as an improved digital zoom, a 10 seconds self-timer, and a picture-in-picture thumbnail showing the preceding photograph
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    My 700p has a 1.3 megapixel camera. I can't see how this app can help me unless it improves on the 1.3 megapixel....
  3.    #3  
    I gave it a shot and it reqally does appear to make the picture sharper. The program is slow on my centro. I have to play with it for a few days and read the manual.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 11/19/2007 at 11:56 AM.
    Keep us posted.
    Thanks for the tip VaccPalm. I just took a look at the web site of the developer ( J.F. Morreeuw ), and found a lot more information regarding the application. Check it out at the online user guide here: http://treoware.com/photoshq.html

At $3.95, even if it only improves the image a little - it would be worth it.

I'm going to give it a try.
  6.    #6  
    It has some feature that controls the lighting. A major problem I have with the Camera is that pictures are like over exposed. This fixes that. Below is a link to 3 pictures taken with the orignal camera and three with this new program . I took pics of the same things in the same spot. I put a piece of paper saying Original for the original camera with the Centro and "NEW" for the new program. Have a look and tell me what you think. My feelings is the new program controls the lighting and is a bit sharper. Look at the Toy helicopter in the pictures and its hard to make out in the "Original" but its more defined in the "new" ones.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...ervacc/Centro/
    Is there a setting for lighting in Photo HQ?

I took a couple of shots and the new ones were much "darker" than the default so I quickly uninstalled it. Maybe I missed something.

ps VaccPalm: photos don't work; album set to "private"

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    It's asking for a password.

????
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    It's asking for a password.

????
    Oppps , sorry about that , I forogt to make it public. It has been changed. Thanks for the heads up.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

I took a couple of shots and the new ones were much "darker" than the default so I quickly uninstalled it. Maybe I missed something.

ps VaccPalm: photos don't work; album set to "private"
    I didnt have a lighting problem on mine (Look at the pics) But when you view the pic on the Camera Program it is very dark, the picture actually comes out normal.
    After seeing these posts, I tried Photos HQ and I think there's a discernible difference in the pics taken with Photos HQ versus the Treo 680 camera without it. I'm definitely going to buy it. Thanks so much for the tip VaccPalm!
    I just copied and pasted (sorry if you copywrited them) into word so they'd be next to each other and I could compare. The difference looks to be as if you put a filter on your camera. Only you can tell us, which one is actually closer to the colors in the shots? The pillows look faded in the original shot, but really deep purple in the new shot. The kitchen counter actually shows its greenish pattern in the original shot, but looks almost black in the new. I wonder if night shots will come out darker? In the table shot, I can almost read the box in the original, but it's very dark in the new shot. I almost think that the original is overexposed, but not enough to change it.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
  13.    #13  
    No no copywrited , just my kitchen , kitchen table and couch. I agree that the pictures of the original are over exposed . always seems to come out way to whiteish. the new program adjust for lighting . I have to add all these pictures were taken in low lighting and it was dark and rainy out here in the NY area.

The Pillows are a dark red, the counter is green.
    In reference to the pillows the New program is close to the color. As for the countertop , it hard to tell as one original has way too much light ( it was darker) and the New one is maybe a little darker. I might need to look at the manual a little bit more. Where you can really see a difference I think is look at the Penguin dish on the counter . In the original it looks faded and not clear but in the new one the colors are bright and it more in focus.

I think it helps alittle bit on some pics and since its only a $3 program it might be worth it. I would never pay , say $29.99 for the small differences but for $3 , I will play with it for a few weeks.

Everyone else take a few photos with both and tell what you think!
    Now I haven't looked at the program yet, so maybe I should, but can you adjust the settings easily, or have to open a program to change settings?
  15.    #15  
    There are a few options but i dont think settings an be changed. I will play with it a little over the next few days.
    Nice little app, but it sure... is... SLOW... on ... my... Centro. I know that's because it's using much more of the CPU to assess & optimize the camera's settings, but has anyone found a way to improve lag time?
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Where are the pictures stored?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

Yes, you use the Left/Right 5-way buttons to lighten/darken the picture before you take it

And the Up/Down 5-way for a smooth zoom
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  19.    #19  
    You dont have an option. If it detects a Card then it automatically saves to the card and the same place as the Original camera software otherwise it saves internaly.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Where are the pictures stored?
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    You dont have an option. If it detects a Card then it automatically saves to the card and the same place as the Original camera software otherwise it saves internaly.
    When you have a SD card on your device, press the "menu" key (or tap on the top off the screen) and you have an option Internal memory: check to store in RAM, uncheck to store on your SD card.

Jean-Francois.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast