Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    I went to the developer's site before I posted that I couldn't find the upgrade. I hunted and never found it. Thanks for the heads up about the zip file.
    Does anyone ever get the error (0x0503) when they try to take a picture - the only way to get rid of it is by a soft reset - when i get the error my standard camera still works.

I sent an email to tech support - but was just curious if anyone else that uses this program sees this error also.

I very rarely use this program, but I would say I get this error at least 1 out of three time that I try and use it.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Does anyone ever get the error (0x0503) when they try to take a picture - the only way to get rid of it is by a soft reset - when i get the error my standard camera still works.

I sent an email to tech support - but was just curious if anyone else that uses this program sees this error also.
    Did you get my email? I haven't heard from you since then...

0x0503 is sysErrNoFreeResource, meaning that there is not enough memory at a moment...

Can you soft reset, run PhotosHQ and press 'M' => you'll get some values
    Then, when you'll get the error again, press 'M' => you'll get some new values
    Can you report the results you read?

Regards.
    JFMw,

Yes I got your email thanks! I am just waiting for it to fail again so I can press the "M" key and give the info.

So far it is working and it hasn't failed yet, so I can't give you that info.

It's like telling your car mechanic that your car idles poorly, then when you bring it in - it idles perfectly

I'll keep you posted!

Edited #1: well after two days of perfect running and using the program more often than I usually would - it finally glitched out - I'll respond to your email with the screen shots of the error later today - btw way the reason for the black screen shots was because both times I tested it was early morning in a dark bedroom

I also tested all of my favorite programs that I use like Kinoma, Pocket Tunes, SlingPlayer, Sprint TV, Pics and Videos, plus more and all of them work fine but Photos HQ.

I cannot tell if Lightspeed can cause a problem, because either with it enabled or disabled Photos HQ worked (before it glitched itself out of course). The time prior when I sent my first email support question to you - not even a soft reset would cure it - I had to do a hard reset and restore from one of my backups.

Edited #2: I just sent you a reply from your email to me with the screen shots of the error - btw checking the error at a couple of different times when jumping to other programs and back again the top number error can change a little from 6465/2479 to 6478/2479 and then play around a little more and check again and get a reading of 6465/2479 again - the bottom number stays the same.

Also after a reset the number is 6557/4086 and after I take my 1st picture it remains the same and after I jump around to a few more programs and come back again it might change to 6464/4086. In fact I just checked again and now it says 6481/4086 - These numbers are when Photos HQ is working - when it doesn't work the bottom number changes as stated above. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 05/02/2008 at 09:36 AM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Quote Originally Posted by JFMw View Post
    Did you get my email? I haven't heard from you since then...

0x0503 is sysErrNoFreeResource, meaning that there is not enough memory at a moment...

Can you soft reset, run PhotosHQ and press 'M' => you'll get some values
    Then, when you'll get the error again, press 'M' => you'll get some new values
    Can you report the results you read?

Regards.
    JFMw,

I just sent you an email with screen shots tonight - I just had a thought that might cure my problem and that is to set the resolution to 640x480 - that would be under the chunk size of 2485K?

Setting the resolution to that size really isn't the cure I would be looking for though
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

JFMw,

I just sent you an email with screen shots tonight - I just had a thought that might cure my problem and that is to set the resolution to 640x480 - that would be under the chunk size of 2485K?

Setting the resolution to that size really isn't the cure I would be looking for though
    Can you try the attached beta release?
    Please let me know if it can help.
    Regards.
    Last edited by JFMw; 05/27/2008 at 07:50 AM.
    JFMw,

Should I uninstall old version first or simply install over old?

Thanks.

Edited: I just installed the 1.1.1b3 right over the prior version - so far everything is working - I'll let you know how it comes out
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 05/21/2008 at 02:48 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Regards.
    Any chance you can give an option to disable PNP?

Whats the advantage of this over the stock Camera app on a centro?
    Using resco image, then properties I see that the shots taken by Photos HQ are at 24% compression while those of the standard camera app is only 3%. Size of the jpeg file is 943k while its 130k for the jpeg file made by Palm's app.

What's the difference between the 2 files? They look identical
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Using resco image, then properties I see that the shots taken by Photos HQ are at 24% compression while those of the standard camera app is only 3%. Size of the jpeg file is 943k while its 130k for the jpeg file made by Palm's app.

What's the difference between the 2 files? They look identical
    This is mainly a question of loss of information: if you zoom your photo (I mean: zoom it really on a computer with an image viewer/editor) and check parts with small details, or limits between 2 colors, you'll notice some "noise" that looks like small squares with strange colors... PhotosHQ uses a highest quality value to reduce these artifacts (or remove them for good if you save in BMP format).

SD cards are not expensive today, and on the other side you only have a single chance to snap a picture: I do prefer quality rather than file size. Of course, this is a question of personnal choice (if you just want to snap pictures for MMS, you don't need PhotosHQ!).
    Regards.

Hello FMw,

I just had the opportuning to test your "inside program" to unfrag memory by press u and/or press r to restart.

My findings: pressing u didn't work although it looked like it was doing something, but the bottom memory number approx 2240k didn't change, so I couldn't take a picture.

Then I tried to press r to restart and it didn't restart - I'm sure that would have worked if the function triggered the program. But pressing the r didn't make my 755p restart - maybe the r did not link internally correctly to start the reset?

I use the program "Flush It" which doesn't cure the problem until I reboot by using a program from RNS: called "soft reset" - then after "soft reset" resets my 755p and the program "Flush It" starts right after that, then Photos HQ works. Free dynamic heap is then 7327k, maximum chunk is 5074k.

I think you are on the right track.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 05/23/2008 at 07:04 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

But pressing the r didn't make my 755p restart - maybe the r did not link internally correctly to start the reset?
    This is capital 'R' only (not 'r') in the current beta...
    JFMw,

I just found out that you can use the "u" function for the memory defragment without incountering the problem first, although it doesn't cure the memory chunk problem.

The "R" works as you said - cool. I wish you didn't have to reset the device to make Photos HQ work. Some type of better memory management if possible might be key.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 05/25/2008 at 12:33 AM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Some type of better memory management if possible might be key.
    You might try the attached new beta: in case of low contiguous memory, PhotosHQ reverts to a basic file storage. It might work in most cases, but with some drawbacks when PhotosHQ has to switch to this mode: slower capture, call of the internal PalmPhoto instead of the pnoJpeg library.

Please let me know if it works as expected.
    Last edited by JFMw; 05/30/2008 at 09:01 AM.
    JFMw,

Thanks, I will let you know.

Question: when Photos HQ goes into this "other" memory mode does it reduce the quality of picture taken?

If this doesn't hurt the picture quality, and lets say that this is a workable solution, is there a way to let the user know via an "onscreen" tiny logo/icon of some sort so that the user knows he is in this slower capturing mode? Then if the user wants to go back to the faster capturing mode, he can do so at his convenience after the picture opportunity is taken?

Edited: well this last version so fair allows the "chunk size to fragment easier -> a bad thing - in just 6 hours of very little Treo usage. The old verion loaded quicker and took about 3 to 4 days of usage before I incountered something in the 2460K region.

All that being said, this works closer to what I had hoped - I mean at least it works and allows you take take the picture - but you are correct in saying the "saves" are slow - they are "very" slow. I haven't had enough time with it yet to see if it was just a fluke that the chuck size got fragmented so soon.

I'd say you are "really close" if you could somehow make the saves faster. In fact, when you say you saved to internal PalmPhoto instead of the pnoJpeg library, I thought I use to have 2x pnoJpeg libraries, I think one was installed with your original software and the one that I have in ram. I just checked and now I have one - no matter - maybe better to have only one. I also could be mistaken.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 05/27/2008 at 07:50 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

All that being said, this works closer to what I had hoped - I mean at least it works and allows you take take the picture - but you are correct in saying the "saves" are slow - they are "very" slow.
    New beta, certainly a release candidate.
    Last edited by JFMw; 06/06/2008 at 12:27 AM.
    JFMw,

I've downloaded and installed b5 - just my initial thoughts, but it doesn't seem to be any different than b4 - maybe a slight difference in save time when you save to internal PalmPhoto instead of the pnoJpeg library - maybe - but it is still "slow"

Memory chunk size still uneffective when using the "u" hotkey.

Bottom line, when chunk size is low, it sill works and slow to save, or reboot and save fast - but as I say before - either way works.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

I've downloaded and installed b5 - just my initial thoughts, but it doesn't seem to be any different than b4 -
    Main changes in this latest beta are with message boxes: a message box is supposed to appear when the memory is too fragmented to warn the user about the slowliness, if you check the checkbox you can dismiss the message until the next reboot.

Jean Francois.
    JFMw,

I did not see the message box appear - so as I am writing this I went into the Preference settings to see if I had to click a check box - I then checked "m" and it says 6911K and chunk size is 2402K - which would be too fragmented to save the normal fast way - I did not get the message box.

Does the message box appear at something lower than 2402K?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456