Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    In my experience, in a well lit room, stationary objects look about as good in the builtin camera application as they do in PhotosHQ. The builtin takes images that are a little green, and PhotoHQ can take images that are tiny bit blue, but generally I find the colors in PhotosHQ to be more natural.

I hope that JFMw continues to improve the software mode of PhotosHQ, and continues to focus on image quality and doesn't sacrifice quality for speed. That said, I do find the splash screen a bit bothersome. Is it displayed while some startup code is run, or is it just there for information? If the latter, I'd really prefer that registered versions had that disabled. I understand waiting the second or two for the software to stabilize the image, but not an extra second to remind me of what settings I've selected (which, in my case, it reports incorrectly anyway: it says I have 1280 x 1024 selected, even though I have 640 x 480 selected). Unless it's just there to let the user know that the application is running startup code, I'd rather get to the task of taking a picture sooner.
    Conrad,

What settings do you find work best for you? Do you use jpeg or bmp? What about the other settings if you don't mind if I ask.

Thanks!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    I use these settings on my Treo 755p:
    all checkboxes unchecked, except for save to internal memory, and resolution set to 640 x 480 and format set to JPEG.
    Would it be hard to add the Delete option like the default photo app (at least on the Centro)? I take a lot of pictures I don't want to keep (it's hard to get two kids to smile at the same time) and it would be so nice to delete quickly and easily right after I take the picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    In my experience, in a well lit room, stationary objects look about as good in the builtin camera application as they do in PhotosHQ. The builtin takes images that are a little green, and PhotoHQ can take images that are tiny bit blue, but generally I find the colors in PhotosHQ to be more natural.
    Have to agree with you there.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

I use these settings on my Treo 755p:
    all checkboxes unchecked, except for save to internal memory, and resolution set to 640 x 480 and format set to JPEG.
    Conrad,

Those are the same settings I use except that mine is set to 1280x1024 and save to card. BMP files are way to huge

Thanks
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Quote Originally Posted by myPinkCentro View Post
    Would it be hard to add the Delete option like the default photo app (at least on the Centro)? I take a lot of pictures I don't want to keep (it's hard to get two kids to smile at the same time) and it would be so nice to delete quickly and easily right after I take the picture.
    yes that would be a nice option
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Verizon Treo 650. PhotosHQ 1.0.8
    JPG format resets Treo while saving file, every time.
    Uninstalled pnojpeglib, same thing. Reinstalled, same thing.
    BMP works, camera app in ROM works.
    Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by notooloud View Post
    Verizon Treo 650. PhotosHQ 1.0.8
    JPG format resets Treo while saving file, every time.
    Uninstalled pnojpeglib, same thing. Reinstalled, same thing.
    BMP works, camera app in ROM works.
    Thoughts?
    This issue has been fixed in today's update 1.0.9
    Quote Originally Posted by myPinkCentro View Post
    it would be so nice to delete quickly and easily right after I take the picture.
    You still can press 'V' to open the pics viewer and delete unwanted pictures...
    Anyway, I'll see if I can add such a feature in a future release.
    That said, I do find the splash screen a bit bothersome. Is it displayed while some startup code is run, or is it just there for information?
    It's not your settings, but your device capabilities: PhotosHQ detects settings and adapts itself (meaning: device features are not hardcoded). You can recall this report if your press the 'S' key. To answer your question this report is shown only during harware startup, thus no delay is added (except if a major issue is detected, e.g. no JPEG librabry).
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    I Have a 700p and dont see the option for 960x720 and never have. Is this not an option to select on the 700p? I am using 1.0.8

I have an option to do 1280x1024 though, but not the above.
    960x720 is available on VGA devices (Treo 600, 650, 680). PhotosHQ takes 2 photos at 640x480 and mix them to create a 960x720 photo (this is not a simple resizing like in photoshop: you really get a picture which doubles the # of pixels because PhotosHQ captures a doubled # of pixels!).

That said, 700, 755 and Centro don't need this: they still have a better camera (this is the reason why you don't see this option on your device).
    1.0.9 is an outstanding release! The start up time is less than half of what it was for 1.0.8, and speed of the software mode is much faster as well. I just can't imagine having a 755 without PhotosHQ. Thank you for all your hard work JFMw.
    Okay, where do we find the update? Pocketgear is where I bought mine and it still says 1.8.

Update: Nevermind, I found it MTDN.
    Last edited by Treo Musketeers; 04/19/2008 at 06:39 PM.
  15.    #95  
    You can always find the latest on there website.

http://treoware.com/
    VaccPalm,

I went to there site - is there a special link for a upgrade download? All I see is more software that they sell - I must be blind! :-(
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

17.    #97  
    LOL. I went through the same thing when I first went looking for it . Drove me crazy. I coudlnt find it . THen realized that its the little tiny zip icon to the left of the name Photo HQ. Not sure why they make it to hard to find but thats where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    VaccPalm,

I went to there site - is there a special link for a upgrade download? All I see is more software that they sell - I must be blind! :-(
    The zip files seems confusing because you would think it is to download the actual software.

So three more stupid questions - (1)did you uninstall first or install right over it? (2)I am asumming you need to upgrade the pnoJpegLib.prc also if you installed it before because it also also a version 1.09 and lastly (3)I read in the instructions that you can install the application and the pnoJpegLib.prc on your card - if so does this make the application slower?

Ok so it was three and a half more questions.

Editied: I just checked the file date of pnoJpegLib.prc and it is the same so probably I don't need to yup date that.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

19.    #99  
    I just installed it over the previous version. I didnt update the PnoKpegLib it is the same. Im still dealing with the long delay in taking a picture that prevents me from using it for all photos. its 1.5 seconds. sounds short but if something is moving it is gone by the time the picture is taken. WIth the built in Camera it is instantaeous when you press the shutter button. This app you got to hold still and have nothing move for 1.5 seconds. but for still photos its pretty darn good.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 04/19/2008 at 11:27 PM.
    I hear ya - good pictures but slow - I wish they would add the delete picture - or basically the same info and screen options as the stock camera :-(

BTW thanks for the info - I'm going to upgrade now :-)
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast