Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Ok put it on 640X480 and its not as slow but still its like watching the old PC cams where you see every 2-3 seconds .In english . If I focus on object A and I move the camera to object B it does not inediatly move the picture on object b. It may only be a second but its still there.The viewfinder is not fluid. Makes it hard to take pictures. And for taking the pictures , it is faster( was up to 10 seconds before, now Takes 3-4 seconds) but you still have to hold the camera for those 3-4 seconds. if you move it you get a blurry picture as its taking the photo somewhere in that 3-4 seconds , not when u press the button. And if the picture is moving forget it. Its defenitly an improvment and its almost there but just not quite.

When i press M i get this Free Dynamic heap, 8538K, Maximum Chunck size 5815K.
  2.    #62  
    forgot to add, there is about a count to 3 from when I press the Button and I hear the shutter sound . Not a huge deal and its almost there , as long as your picture is going to stand still for 3 seconds. Its hard to take a picture of anything moving like a car or a dog. You take the picture NOW and it takes a photo 3 seconds later. So I say its perfect now for still photos but not for moving pictures. And I want to add that I still think this program is great. ( I paid for it) The ability to lighten and darken pictures and zoom is awsome. The only issue for the Centro is the time between pressing the button and the Centro actually taking the photo. ( 3 seconds) and please any Centro owners report what happens , maybe , hopefully its just me and not all centros.
    Anyone know how this compares to BrightCam?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    Anyone know how this compares to BrightCam?
    These are very different applications:
    • Photos HQ captures photos with several features (an improved zoom, brightness adjustment, self-timer, surveillance mode, BMP or JPEG format, 960x720 interpolated for 600/650/680 devices, ...)
    • BrightCam adjust the LCD brightness and the keyboard backlight depending on the luminosity measured with the camera

Jean-Francois.
    I just want to say "Thanks" for this app - I now use it as my default camera application on my 755p. It's really tremendous, especially now that it works in 640x480.
    Conrad,

Question, why would you use this program on your 755p when your standard max resolution is greater than what can be had by this program - I must be missing something here.

Some have said that on the 755p this makes the camera program slower.

Why would you want to have a resolution like 640x480 when the better resolution would 1280x1024 - unless you want it smaller as a smaller file - I guess I don't understand - it seems like a good thing on lesser mp camera's but on the 755p?

Thanks for your help as I am interested in this program - also does this program give the ability to interpolate thru software a macro image?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    That's a fair question MouseGlider,
    I prefer PhotosHQ to the builtin camera application for one reason: image quality. I find that the builtin application takes terrible looking pictures: frequently too dark, often with very flat colors. This problem is magnified when I try and take a picture in a dim or dark room. However, with PhotosHQ, I get a great looking image, even in a dark room. To get that better image I have to sacrifice two things: speed and resolution; one because of the other. In order to get the better image, PhotosHQ must use the CPU to perform image manipulations, and this is bound to be slower than the native chip in the camera. Obviously, the speed of that processing is hampered further by high resolution. So, I use it in VGA mode, and it's much faster - still slower than the native app, but fast enough that I can live with it. As a result, I'm able to snap photos with my 755p in situations where I would otherwise not be able to, like when I'm out with friends. It's a shame that the builtin application creates such poor images. Those of you who've been following the Treo for a while will remember that when the 650 was released, people complained that it had the same VGA camera that the 600 had. Palm responded by saying that they focused on image quality rather than resolution, and it really worked. I relied on the camera in my 650 a great deal, and losing that when I switched to the 755p was disappointment. Thanks to PhotosHQ, I'm able to take photos that are actually useful. The only other downside is that you have to learn to hold the Treo steady for a couple of seconds after you click the shutter, but I've always done that anyway.
    Hope that answers your question MouseGlider. I'm not able to post any photos at the moment, but I'll try to post some in the next couple of days to illustrate my point.
    Conrad,

Thanks for the explanation - I'll wait to see your pictures, because I am very suprised how well my camera takes pictures - including when in a dimly lite restaurant.

I don't know how well I can take the lag though - maybe my Lightspeed software will help, as it helped the native camera app as far as speed after the button is pressed. Acouple of seconds is bad when you have an unsteady hand. :-(
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

9.    #69  
    Yeah the lag is a problem big time. I tried light speed and I got no differnece. Its impossible to take pictures of moving objects. Exanple kid running, car moving etc. Hopefully that will be fixed one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Yeah the lag is a problem big time. I tried light speed and I got no differnece. Its impossible to take pictures of moving objects. Exanple kid running, car moving etc. Hopefully that will be fixed one day.
    You now have a new feature "Fast hardware preview" that will help, and the new memory optimizations will also improve the global process.
    Jean-Francois.
  11.    #71  
    Perfect. but the lag I was talking about was the lag from pressing the button to when the shutter takes the picture. about 2 seconds. I know it sounds short but if you target is moving ( say a dog or a car etc. you press the button and it take a picture 2 seconmds later . Other than that its a great program.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Perfect. but the lag I was talking about was the lag from pressing the button to when the shutter takes the picture. about 2 seconds. I know it sounds short but if you target is moving ( say a dog or a car etc. you press the button and it take a picture 2 seconmds later . Other than that its a great program.
    1.0.8 now available, hope you'll like it.
  13.    #73  
    Much better, the only 2 issues I am having with this one is 1. After going into the menu to make any changes or check settings when you come back to the camera its a black screen. I have to get out of the program and go back in to get it to work .. 2. If you have PIP (Picture in Picture) on after it takes a picture , the PIP stays on the screen and the camera is slow. If you dont use PIP then no problem so not really a big issue as I took of PIP .
    But very good job.This is turning into a great app that makes pictures so usable now.
    Here are three photos to compare PhotosHQ to the built-in standard camera application.
    These were taken in a dimly lit room with a Treo 755p with the 1.07 firmware update applied, and using PhotosHQ 1.0.8. They were taken within a few seconds of each other from approximately the same location and no environmental conditions were changed.
    I think you can see why I like PhotosHQ so much and I why I still use the software preview over the hardware preview. These were all taken at 640x480 and no modifications other than file renaming have been performed on these files.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    wow what a difference
    Nice app, but I have difficulty holding the Centro steady when using this app compared to using the built-in camera app.
    Just an FYI, Pocketgear is currently running a 25% off sale that applies to this app.
    I Have a 700p and dont see the option for 960x720 and never have. Is this not an option to select on the 700p? I am using 1.0.8

I have an option to do 1280x1024 though, but not the above.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    nice
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    I Have a 700p and dont see the option for 960x720 and never have. Is this not an option to select on the 700p? I am using 1.0.8

I have an option to do 1280x1024 though, but not the above.
    Are you saying that the higher resolution option has always been in the Photo HQ program or just recently added - if that is the case, I think I'll give it a shot.

One question for those that have this program - it seems that you can lighten the pictures up - but does it have better quality in equaly lit enviorments?

Also is there a timer function on it?

Thanks!

Edited: found it at PocketGear - buying it now! :-) Not to bad - wish the option to choose what folder the pictures go in was available - for best quality, files are huge equal to a 5mp camera - but not the quality of a 5mp camera - I guess software can only improve existing camera so much - need a better lens.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 03/24/2008 at 01:09 AM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast