Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I'm really excited about this application! However, I was wondering, would it speed up capture and the live view on the display if it were changed to taking 640x480 pictures? I'd certainly prefer a good, fast, and low res image to a good, slow, and high res one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Don't know if it's just me, but I can not get this version to install via Hotsync, it gets stuck and I have to pull the lead and remove the battery ?
    I didn't have any problem installing the updated version (1.0.2) via hotsync, so maybe it is just you
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I didn't have any problem installing the updated version (1.0.2) via hotsync, so maybe it is just you
    Thanks, I'll try again
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  4.    #44  
    I had no problem loading the update also by hotsync. if it is still a problem , delete the original program and just hotsync the new update. See if that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    • 24bits filter
    • Bicubic zoom
    • HQ interpolated
    • HQ motion filter
    • Shutter speed
    • JPEG file format
    I've made some changes for the next update:

"24bits filter" => "Bitmap filter" (or is "Smoothing filter" better?)
    "HQ interpolated" => "960x720 capture"
    "HQ motion filter" => "Motion filter"

Can you confirm if it's easier to understand?

Jean-Francois.
    The new terminology I think is easier for novices to understand. I'd prefer "Smoothing filter".
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I think it's also helpful to list the Change Log--b/c the 1.02 update was hardly worth mentioning, imo.

2007-12-08: Photos HQ 1.0.3

* Improvement: more explicit labels in menus
    * Corrected issue: Zire 71 compatibility improvements
    * New feature: press the S key to display start-up information
    * New feature: press the M key to display memory status

2007-11-23: Photos HQ 1.0.2

* Minor change: Dialog boxes added

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  9.    #49  
    Thanks Malatesta ,I was in a rush today. In otherwords I was lazy. Much apprecaited.

JFMw any changes coming for the Centro to address the issues discussed in this thread ?
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 12/08/2007 at 04:40 PM.
    JFMw any changes coming for the Centro to address the issues discussed in this thread ?
    Probably in the next release...
    All I know, is that on my Centro, this app is still SLOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
  12.    #52  
    Thats the problem I was talking about Headcase. Its is super slow on the centro to the point of not being usable. This app isnt for the Centro yet. It probally shouldnt say for the centro yet. He did mention above he might fix that in the next release. Look forward to that as it seems to be a great app.
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw View Post
    Probably in the next release...
    Any news on an update? I've been getting along with the ultra-slow 1.0.3 version for over a month, and I'm getting by. I use the built-in app if I need a quick snapshot, and if I've got a couple of seconds, I'll launch PhotosHQ to get a better picture. I'd love a faster PhotosHQ, even if that means I need to use it with 640x480 resolution. I'd be perfectly happy with that myself. Can't wait for the update!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Any news on an update? I've been getting along with the ultra-slow 1.0.3 version for over a month, and I'm getting by. I use the built-in app if I need a quick snapshot, and if I've got a couple of seconds, I'll launch PhotosHQ to get a better picture. I'd love a faster PhotosHQ, even if that means I need to use it with 640x480 resolution. I'd be perfectly happy with that myself. Can't wait for the update!
    1.0.4 is out
  15.    #55  
    Tried it yesterday , It is worse for the Centro. Still same issues but this time it resets sometimes. and still super slow. Tried 3 pictures and twice it reset an 3rd time it took almost 30 seconds to take a picture. then reset after I took it. Until it works on the centro it should be listed that it doesnt really work properly on the Centro.
    Thanks! I'm thrilled that changing settings to 640x480 capture improves capture speed dramatically. I'm curious: does setting capture resolution to 640x480 change the resolution the application uses to do the on-the-fly preview? Even though changing this setting improves capture speed significantly, the preview speed does not seem to improve as dramatically. I also appreciate the new keyboard shortcuts. All-in-all a great update!
    Tried it yesterday , It is worse for the Centro. Still same issues but this time it resets sometimes. and still super slow. Tried 3 pictures and twice it reset an 3rd time it took almost 30 seconds to take a picture. then reset after I took it. Until it works on the centro it should be listed that it doesnt really work properly on the Centro.
    Did you try the 640x480 setting?
    Can you press key 'M' and report the values you'll get?
  18.    #58  
    Ok I deleted the application and re-installed and no resets so Maybe I should have deleted version 1.3 before I put 1.4 on . Just a tip. I will test the rest and report back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Thanks! I'm thrilled that changing settings to 640x480 capture improves capture speed dramatically. I'm curious: does setting capture resolution to 640x480 change the resolution the application uses to do the on-the-fly preview? Even though changing this setting improves capture speed significantly, the preview speed does not seem to improve as dramatically. I also appreciate the new keyboard shortcuts. All-in-all a great update!
    Thanx

Preview is always 320x240: changing the capture size doesn't affect the preview. It's possible (and easier!) to use the hardware preview, like the built-in application, but as soon as you'll modify brightness/zoom it has to revert to full software mode... (hardware preview goes directly to the screen without any control).
    Ok I deleted the application and re-installed and no resets so Maybe I should have deleted version 1.3 before I put 1.4 on . Just a tip. I will test the rest and report back.

However, I still wonder why the Centro is so slow. Please let me know how long it takes to snap a 640x480 JPEG picture in internal memory, and the amount of memory reported with key 'M'...

(note: ppl you have installed a beta release should delete any version prior installing the new 1.0.4)
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast