Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Nice little app, but it sure... is... SLOW... on ... my... Centro. I know that's because it's using much more of the CPU to assess & optimize the camera's settings, but has anyone found a way to improve lag time?
    Zoom and EV Compensation are pretty complex algorithms for our little devices. All time consuming parts are ARM optimized, but still require computation time. If you take a picture without using the zoom, it will require maybe 1/3 less time...

Second point is SD card speed: PhotosHQ creates bigger files than the default application, which reduces the loss caused by the JPEG compression. However, a fast SD card vs. a slow SD card makes a huge difference at this time: taking a picture on an old SanDisk 256K card takes a doubled amount of time than with a new and fast Kingmax card. Of course, if you take BMP photos, this point is again more important (as files are much bigger).

Jean-Francois.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw View Post
    When you have a SD card on your device, press the "menu" key (or tap on the top off the screen) and you have an option Internal memory: check to store in RAM, uncheck to store on your SD card.

Jean-Francois.
    Thank you , I totally missed that one.
    When you have a SD card on your device, press the "menu" key (or tap on the top off the screen) and you have an option Internal memory: check to store in RAM, uncheck to store on your SD card.

Jean-Francois.
    Jean-Francois, Would you consider updating the user guide to explain what the rest of the menu options do? Some are obvious but others are not (at least not to me).
    I don't think pics are being transfered to my computer with the trial. I took pictures using the Centro's built in software and then Photo HQ. I did a hotsync and don't see the Photo HQ ones in my palm pics folder?
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBiz View Post
    I don't think pics are being transfered to my computer with the trial. I took pictures using the Centro's built in software and then Photo HQ. I did a hotsync and don't see the Photo HQ ones in my palm pics folder?
    Palm do muck about with their default locations, but on my 680 the default for the camera pictures is /DCIM/Palm/ , whereas Photo HQ is placing it's pictures in /DCIM/.

So you may need to use a card reader or filepc2pda (Freeware) to transfer them off from your card.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBiz View Post
    When you open Palm Desktop, press the "Media" button, then check on the bottom of the window if you are looking in internal or external memory. You can open menu "Tools -> Preferences" to see where Photos and Videos are stored on your computer (and change settings if needed). However, there is an interesting trick: look for your HotSync directory (probably C:\Program files\palmOne\"something close to your HotSyncID"\Photos\) => you'll find a directory "offline copy location" which contains your photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    Jean-Francois, Would you consider updating the user guide to explain what the rest of the menu options do? Some are obvious but others are not (at least not to me).
    Sure. Which one are unclear?
    Sure. Which one are unclear?
    • 24bits filter
    • Bicubic zoom
    • HQ interpolated
    • HQ motion filter
    • Shutter speed
    • JPEG file format

So far, the pictures that I have taken with PhotosHQ just seem darker but not necessarily better. I'm hoping that it's because I don't know how to use these settings. Thanks for the help.
  9.    #29  
    OK The problem I am having with this software is that it takes about 5 seconds on the Centro to take a pic. You hit the middle button if whoever is in the pic moves it misses them. You have to literally have the scene that you are taking not move for 5 seconds. Anyone else have this issue and is there a way around it?? The pics look nice and the ability to zoom at different levels and adjust the light is great but you cant take pics of moving objects or people in my Centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Oppps , sorry about that , I forogt to make it public. It has been changed. Thanks for the heads up.
    It still is asking for a password.
    OK The problem I am having with this software is that it takes about 5 seconds on the Centro to take a pic. You hit the middle button if whoever is in the pic moves it misses them. You have to literally have the scene that you are taking not move for 5 seconds. Anyone else have this issue and is there a way around it?? The pics look nice and the ability to zoom at different levels and adjust the light is great but you cant take pics of moving objects or people in my Centro.
    Yeah, I'm experiencing the same problem on my Centro. I haven't figured out a work around, if any.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
  12.    #32  
    There is a new version realeased today.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/photos-h...ment,1241.html
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    • 24bits filter
    • Bicubic zoom
    • HQ interpolated
    • HQ motion filter
    • Shutter speed
    • JPEG file format

So far, the pictures that I have taken with PhotosHQ just seem darker but not necessarily better. I'm hoping that it's because I don't know how to use these settings. Thanks for the help.
    Oh, I see: almost all

"Bicubic zoom" is detailled in chapter 1, section "Improved digital zoom".
    "HQ interpolated" is in chapter 1, section "Enhanced capture resolution".
    "HQ motion filter" is in the same section .
    "Shutter speed" is the time for your device to capture a picture (doesn't really matter, except for 960x720 interpolation which captures 2 consecutive photos).
    "JPEG file format" is in chapter 1, section "Lossless or compressed format".

I have to admit that "24bits filter" is not obvious however. Format BMP is a format without loss of data in which each point of photography is stored with three bytes (24 bits), each of the three colours (red, green, blue) using a byte. Thus, each point can have 256x256x256 different colours. The sensor of the device captures the images by using only two bytes for each point, allowing only 32x64x32 colours, that is to say 256 times less nuances. A filter adapted to the constraint of the sensor makes it possible to reduce the effect of quantification caused by the reduced number of nuances: this filter does not destroy the original data of your photography.
    To be sure I understand: you press the center button, and you hear the "shutter sound" 5 seconds later? If so, can you confirm if the status bar appears on the screen before or after the 5 seconds? It makes a big difference for me (you press --> event enqueued in system <step1> event loop --> show status bar <step2> capture image --> play sound => delay can be at step1 or at step2).
  15.    #35  
    This is the path. Press center button - Status Bar comes up- Picture freezes-shutter sound-status bar fills up. Total about 10-15 seconds. And the picture that freezes isnt always the one taken. if you move it between when the picture freezes and you hear the shutter it will take whatever you have the shutter on and not the picture frozen on the centro screen.

Basiacally when you press the center button using a centro , it does not take the picture for another 3-5 seconds or so .Your target is long gone if it is moving. You hear the shutter about 3-5 seconds later.

Actually everything on the centro is delayed by about 3-5 seconds. If you lighten the picture it takes 3-5 seconds for this to happen . if you zoom it takes 3-5 seconds and the camera image also takes 3-5 seconds to focus. Example lets say I am aiming at person 1 and I decide to turn the camera to Person 2 , for about 5 seconds I will still see person 1 on my screen. Every action is like moving in slow motion on a centro.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 11/26/2007 at 12:23 PM.
    This is the path. Press center button - Status Bar comes up- Picture freezes-shutter sound-status bar fills up. Total about 10-15 seconds. And the picture that freezes isnt always the one taken. if you move it between when the picture freezes and you hear the shutter it will take whatever you have the shutter on and not the picture frozen on the centro screen.
    Hum...

(1) you press center button
    (2) status bar comes up
    (3) shutter sound

Is the most important delay between (1) and (2), or between (2) and (3)?
  17.    #37  
    No delay between Press the center button and the status bar coming up.The there is a 3-5 second delay between 2 &3. The delay between 3&4 ( the status bar going accross) is another 5-10 seconds.

The program actually tells you how long between pressing the button and the shutter going off. The last time I did it it said 4.4 . The time before it showed 3.9 seconds. Basically after you hit the button You have to tell the target not to move for 5 seconds and since its 3-5 seconds you cant guess when its going to take the pic .

Generally it runs extremly slow on the Centro. I dont know if this is an issue on the Treo's. But it takes 15-20 seconds to take a photo between the slow moving program and the 10-15 seconds it takes to get a photo.But it does work and the pics look nice and the ability to adjust lighting and different zooms is great .
    No delay between Press the center button and the status bar coming up.The there is a 3-5 second delay between 2 &3. The delay between 3&4 ( the status bar going accross) is another 5-10 seconds.
    Wow!

Assuming you are not zooming and using JPEG format, delay 3->4 is the time used but the JPEG compression (pnoJpegLib if you have it installed, or default JPEG library if not).

I'm more surprised by delay 2->3, the time taken by the camera to return a photo (the "shutter speed"). It's pretty slow, my snail Zire72 takes only 1.3 seconds...

Thanks for your help, I'll let you know if I can do something to reduce this delay.
  19.    #39  
    Not zooming. I would think maybe it was me but a few other posters , said there Centro was slow.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 12/03/2007 at 11:09 PM.
    There is a new version realeased today.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/photos-h...ment,1241.html
    Don't know if it's just me, but I can not get this version to install via Hotsync, it gets stuck and I have to pull the lead and remove the battery ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast