Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I am down to only 960Kb of memory left. Versamail is taking up 49000+Kb! I've emptied the trash regularly and can't gain anything. What the heck? Should this program really be taking up this much space?
    Treo 700p via Verizon
    There are two VersaMail files that will suck up some memory.

One is MultiMail Attachments, which will keep a record of all your attachments sent and received with VersaMail. This file can get quite large.

The other file is MultiMail Messages. This file is a record of all your VersaMail Messages still in your email account(s) folders.

You can use Filez or Resco Explorer to delete these two files. When deleted, new empty files will be re-created.

Before you delete these, make sure you back them up first.

As with it's predecessors, Versamail does not handle attachments well. Even after you completely delete the email, the attachment (if you opened it) still somehow sticks to the database. But at least, it's easier to clean - just delete MMattachments file with FileZ or equivalent. It used to be a pain in the versions before the 700.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Thanks!
    The MMAttachments was the culprit. Just got 46MB back! What a stupid design flaw. Will unchecking the "Download Attachments" prevent this in the future?
    Treo 700p via Verizon
    ^it will minimize it surely. I have it unchecked. I only download attachments that I need to see right away. Otherwise, I wait 'til I get to my PC. But I still delete MMattachments every so often to reclaim space.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!