1.    #1  
    The first thing I did when I got my new Centro was to lose the stylus. The only place I could find online that advertised a replacement was out of them, so I decided to roll my own. After all, how hard can it be?

After attempting to insert various sundry items into the Centro stylus slot I finally concluded that a plastic pen refill worked the best. If you cut off the metal tipped end you can use a lighted match to seal it. You can even form a little ball on the end to make it easy to retrieve. Then you can heat the other end to close the tube and file it down to a point. It is a bit flimsy, but so was the original. So that is my temporary solution until I can buy one.

I wonder what else might work?

Ron
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Excellent idea. Is the pen refill more rigid that the original stylus?

I picked up some bamboo knitting needles for this project. I just need some time to figure out a way to pull it out of the slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by terompet View Post
    I wonder what else might work?
    Perhaps purchasing one of Seidio's that are rumored to be available next week?
  4.    #4  
    I didn't have much time with the original, but the pen refill seems just about as stiff to me. The knitting needle sounds like a good idea too.

I had read that Seidio is coming out with one, but I am the type who would rather try walking out of the desert instead of waiting for rescue. Besides, it was a 5 minute job to make one. Maybe I should make and sell them for $7.95 a piece!
    Even some plastics can be very abrasive. Use a teflon tip so you don't scratch the screen.
    FastFrank