1.    #1  
    Hi - is there anyway to keep the screen on with the clock displayed? I see only an option for turning off after 3 minutes. I'd like to be able to put the Centro on my desk and use it for a clock (while I'm teaching class), but it keeps turning off.

Is this possible? If not, are there third-party apps that might do this for me?

Thanks!
    im new to palm but here goes: Try watchmaker. I leave it on overnight for my alarm.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Leaving the screen on all day would drain the battery very quickly. If you tap the power button you can see the tim in the lower right. Or the program Butler will give you a screen that siplays it in the middle in addition to many other features.
    Life is a garden, dig it. -Joe Dirt
  4.    #4  
    I'm not interested in having it on all day - just for an hour and a half or so during the classes I teach. The clocks in the rooms are not accurate, and I don't wear a watch. The old flip phone I had was perfect - I'd just put it on my desk and was able to see the time easily during class.

But, the Centro turns off. If I don't care about the battery drain, there's got to be something I can do to prevent that, right?
    I found an app called mobileClock. It has something called a "desk clock" mode, it may be what you are looking for.

Looks like it has a 14 day trial and only costs $9.50.
    another option is a couple of free apps called autoOff and alwayson

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-704.html

Good luck
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I use Watchmaker. It has a nice large display, and under preferences you can select "Stay on if charging or battery level is higher than xx%". (There's a drop-down box that let's you select a value between 10% to 90%.) You can also set up to six different alarms. And... it's freeware!
  8.    #8  
    I downloaded Watchmaker and it's doing just what I want. Thanks for the tips everyone!