Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am pretty disappointed with the battery life of the Centro. Prior to the Centro, I used a TX. Now, I realize with the added cell phone features, the battery life of the Centro would be shorter, but I can barely make it through the day without recharging. And I am talking about not more than 15 minutes of talk time, maybe 5-10 minutes on the web, but heavily PDA usage (constant data input into Memo, Tasks, Schedule, Handbase, etc.).

Maybe I just have a bad battery. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Major Gadget
    Having the same battery issues... would be nice to know if it is intended to function like this.
    yeah I'm getting that too. I use very little phone, medium sms and heavy web and it won't make it through the day.

I recharge it for about a half hour during lunch.

it does recharge very fast though
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
    You can do a battery reset. When 680 just came out, this was quite popular among those with bad battery life.

1.Exhaust your battery until Centro shut down by itself.
    2.Plug in the charger, then remove the battery.
    3.After 1 minute, put back the battery and let it charge until full.

You can use the Battery.prc to monitor your battery usage pattern. Usually there are some apps running in the background that drain the battery.

1.Reset your Centro, so all the background apps stop running.
    2.Open suspected app one at a time, and do what you normally do. Close the app and back to home screen.
    3.Turn off the screen, wait for a minute or two.
    4.Open "Battery" app, check if there is any irregular usage when the screen is off.
    5.Repeat step 1 to 4, until you find the app that is causing problem.

Phone on, IR off, BT off, screen off. Battery usage should be about 1%/2-3hrs. My Centro overnight usage is about 3-4%.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by icesalmon; 12/14/2007 at 11:25 AM.
    This is the original thread that is related to Treo 680 battery.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=battery+reset
    I'm sure it won't be long before a higher capacity battery comes out...it stinks to have to buy another battery but I'd rather just have a larger capacity and also a spare in the form of the original battery
    im gonna put that battery app on my phone when i get the chance later tonight

does the battery app run in the background and draw power as well?
    Last edited by z50king; 12/04/2007 at 06:27 PM.
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
    The battery app is harmless.
    There is a small annoyance though. Every time the phone is reset. The LED on option got turn on automatically.
    To turn it off, you can go to menu-> sleep mode -> uncheck the "Turn on orange LED...."
    Quote Originally Posted by icesalmon View Post
    There is a small annoyance though. Every time the phone is reset. The LED on option got turn on automatically.
    To turn it off, you can go to menu-> sleep mode -> uncheck the "Turn on orange LED...."
    yeah i noticed that.

is it normal for it to jump around a lot between 10 and 100 while its off?
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
    it is not normal. it should stay below 10 and stay there just like the screen shot i posted.
    I had the same problem with each one of my Treos. You will need to get an over sized battery for your brick like phone and charge it frequently. You will also need to tweak it so that you minimize the already limited potential to save the rapidly draining battery. OR you can do as I did, I got a Blackberry Curve. My battery lasts for 2-3 days without a charge. The BB is rock solid and never resets. I am tired of investing in repackaged old technology that has disappointed me every time. I am not surprised that this battery issue still exists in Palm's Centro.
    Centro's battery life has been good.
    The battery of my Centro last for 3 days. My friend and my girlfriend don't use their Centro that much, and the battery lasts for 5 to 7 days.
    I used Treo 680 before this, it usually last for 3 to 4 days.
    Judging from the responses to this thread, I think most people have no problem with their battery life so far.
  13. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Im at 80 percent and I have not charged it since Sunday evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    Im at 80 percent and I have not charged it since Sunday evening.
    That's pretty good. How much usage? I do texts and calls, surf the web and use ptunes all day. Around 9pm I have to charge my phone. My battery was bad at first though. It wouldn't even last until 1pm before. I guess whoever just got their phone should give it several charges before exchanging their phone. I think it has to go thru some cycles to get the true battery life.
    diane
    Quote Originally Posted by icesalmon View Post
    it is not normal. it should stay below 10 and stay there just like the screen shot i posted.
    I tried this app. It seems like it moves every second and that the screen only holds a few minutes worth of data (not sure exactly how much).

Based on that.. your JPG looks like it is only at 10 for 1-2 seconds..

or am I reading it incorrectly?
    Normally, when you turn off the screen, the line goes below 10 and stays there. If you turn on the scrren after 10 minutes, the line will still stay at almost the same spot.
    I had been fairly stable until today.

went from fully charged to 0 in about 4 hours.
    hte bat app showed the temp at about 99 degree
  18. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    That's pretty good. How much usage? I do texts and calls, surf the web and use ptunes all day. Around 9pm I have to charge my phone. My battery was bad at first though. It wouldn't even last until 1pm before. I guess whoever just got their phone should give it several charges before exchanging their phone. I think it has to go thru some cycles to get the true battery life.
    About 10 min worth of web, an hour worth of calls, several 5-10 calls and one 15 minute call. Probably 30 text a day, easily.
    wow. if that's the case then my battery MUST be bad.
    diane
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast