1.    #1  
    pretty excited about it since I've never had a smartphone before. I have played with a Centro for the last couple days. I really don't like the included instant messaging program that sprint put in there. Is there anything better out there (preferably free) that won't use SMS? I'm leaning towards Mundu, but it doesn't seem like there is much out there, thought maybe some of you guys knew of some other options? I see a lot of compatible IMers for other Treo models but not specifically the 755p, not to mention most have a yearly fee. (i wouldn't mind the $11 one time free for Mundu if i had to though). I use AIM by the way.

any other interesting apps i should check out?
    If you only need it for AIM, you can download the free Palm OS version of AIM. I use it on my Treo 755p. It's an old version, but it works fine on my 755p.

http://info.aol.co.uk/aim/palm/
    Jimmie Geddes
    I use AIM only and Toccer is pretty good considering it's free. All the instant messenger apps kill the batter pretty quickly. I'd say I go from 90% to 50% with 3-4 hours of decent use and staying connected. So usually I just do AIM forwarding to my phone (I have unlimited text) and when I really need to start the convo or have a quicker convo with less delay I use Toccer.

http://www.atomiccog.com/products/toccer-for-treo/
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Is there an updated version of the OZ IM prc out and about?
  5.    #5  
    so i got the device yesterday and Im already impressed, Im glad because I almost went to the mogul, but among other things i just didnt like the feel of it. Toccer is exactly what I need and I also installed HourlyXCast, Colorize, Opera Mini v4, Filez, epocrates free version and palm pdf. This is a fantastic phone.

Ive got a couple things I want to get rid of such as "Get Nuance Voice Control" and "Get Good..." and they just take me to websites. How do I get these off?
    You don't. They're in the ROM. If you use a 3rd party launcher (I use ZLauncher) you can put them in a tab and hide the tab. That's where I put all of the preloaded crap Sprint "gives" us.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treocracy View Post
    You don't. They're in the ROM. If you use a 3rd party launcher (I use ZLauncher) you can put them in a tab and hide the tab. That's where I put all of the preloaded crap Sprint "gives" us.
    That is what i figured, how generous of sprint to give me these useful things...
    Quote Originally Posted by itgoesbuzz View Post
    Ive got a couple things I want to get rid of such as "Get Nuance Voice Control" and "Get Good..." and they just take me to websites. How do I get these off?
    I just put mine in the unfiled catagory. Go to the home button and press the menu key. Then either 'Y' or scroll to catagory. Then put the programs you want to see when you go to the home screen in the 'main' catagory, and place the others in any of the other catagories. Then set your home to open on 'main' all the time, and you will never see the programs you don't want to take up space on your home screen but can't get rid of.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I haven't tried this, but I'm passing it along in case it helps...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    I haven't tried this, but I'm passing it along in case it helps...
    I might be missing something, but what is it?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I just put mine in the unfiled catagory. Go to the home button and press the menu key. Then either 'Y' or scroll to catagory. Then put the programs you want to see when you go to the home screen in the 'main' catagory, and place the others in any of the other catagories. Then set your home to open on 'main' all the time, and you will never see the programs you don't want to take up space on your home screen but can't get rid of.
    That is a good idea, i think ill do that.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I might be missing something, but what is it?

I think this is an app in the Prefs panel that allows you to check and hide Rom apps.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43