Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there an alternative program to UnCache? I want to able to load a few programs into memory automatically after a reset. Thanks in advance.
    I'm not sure about an alternative, but what's wrong with UnCache? I was using it on my 650 but didn't find it as necessary on my 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I'm not sure about an alternative, but what's wrong with UnCache? I was using it on my 650 but didn't find it as necessary on my 700p.
    It blocked the ability to set blazer as the default web browser so links from an email wouldn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    It blocked the ability to set blazer as the default web browser so links from an email wouldn't work.
    Did you put Blazer is the list to be loaded? Anything that needs to be ran or "available" has to be ran at startup.

I found it sped up booting my 680 by about 45s but other than that not much difference, the 680 has lots of dbcache and heap so it's not a big deal for it.
    I didn't have an option to add blazer or web so no it wasn't added. None of the programs foudn in ROM could be added.
    Ah, you are correct, that is a known issue that has never been addressed.
    I just reinstalled it again to see if they fixed it and I was now able to add Web. Unfortunately my trial has run out so I guess I'll have to buy it to see if it works.

Should I be seeing Docs2Go on the list to add?
    I just reinstalled it again to see if they fixed it and I was now able to add Web. Unfortunately my trial has run out so I guess I'll have to buy it to see if it works.

Should I be seeing Docs2Go on the list to add?
    A simple reinstall solved your problem, or was it a new version? If new version, what was it?

Thanks.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    Not sure. I'm still waiting for my code to activate it. It was saying the trial was expired. The version I currently have is 2.7.8.0. I don't remember what the old version was. I'll try to remember to come back to this next week when I get my code and can play with it again.
    Did you buy UnCache through Palmpowerup? If so, after you pay via PayPal, you have to go back to Palmpowerup, register for an account, provide the payment email address, and enter the code generated by UnCache runninng on your Palm in order to receive the registration code.
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

bought through palmpowerup. Set up the account already. My software isn't showing yet as an option to generate the key. Paypal has been taking forever to notify some people of purchases. If it doesn't appear tomorrow, I'll email them with all the required info. They say it could take up to 3 days for it to appear.
    Strange... I bought it yesterday and it showed up straight away.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Those of you who are using it- do the links work now? I remember this being the reason I uninstalled it on my 650 but I have a 755p now. Thanks.
    it didn't for me. I finally did get the email prefs back and stop the resetting when hitting a D2G file from the Files app. I need to pare down the apps I have in Uncache to reduce them and find which ones I definitely needed. (I added everything that I didn't know what it did for sure so games and a few misc apps aren't in the list. Everything else is at the moment but the web links still don't work.)
    There is an alternative to Uncache now called CleanStart. It includes a "FixBoot" functionality in the app, so that you don't have to run two different apps. It is still in Beta, but you can get it here:

http://www.1src.com/freeware/index.php?cid=20
    Nice find! Here's my modified list (updated) that I made for Uncache a while back when I was trialing it.

Agendus Btn2 (not sure if this is the right one; I should set an alarm and see)
    Butler
    CallRec
    Chatter
    Contacts
    ContactsLib-P1CT - Without both or one of those, the Phone app has no contact list.
    Crash
    DXTGAttachmentPlugin (I think this is right?)
    FindHack
    FontSmoother
    HiLauncher
    LightSpeed
    LudusP
    NVBackup
    ProfileCare
    Reset Doctor
    RLock
    SC-HotKey (necessary?)
    snapCalc5
    snapDates
    TakePhone (not sure if this is necessary either)
    VolumeCare
    ZLauncher

PLUS, in order to get KeyGuardTime+ to work, I had to uncheck "Always start panels" then "Add All Panels" from the menus. Dunno why, seems like a bug.

Results:

Minimal list
    53s from start of palm screen to first phone screen
    1:30s to ready to use (palm screen to keyguard shown)

All
    108s from start of palm screen to first phone screen
    2:38s to ready to use (palm screen to keyguard shown)

dbcache size free increased from 28186 to 29184, and dynamic heap free from 6964->7133 and chunk from 4796->6864

I suspect I will still be adding things to the above list. I'll keep updating this post.
    Last edited by khaytsus; 02/16/2008 at 06:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    There is an alternative to Uncache now called CleanStart. It includes a "FixBoot" functionality in the app, so that you don't have to run two different apps. It is still in Beta, but you can get it here:

http://www.1src.com/freeware/index.php?cid=20
    Excellent find indeed. Thanks for sharing.

When I try to launch the default Phone app, I get crashes often.. :-/ not sure what to make of it, probably something not loaded that should be.

EDIT: Not CleanStart, see http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=22
    Last edited by khaytsus; 02/18/2008 at 09:09 AM.
    There is a beta forum at 1SRC. If you find bugs, post them there, so Alex (the maker of NVBackup) can fix them. He's been very responsive thus far.
    I'm trying CleanStart. I've unchecked a lot of the built in ROMS that I don't use, like "Wired Car Kit" and "GetGood", as well as other Hidden files. However, now when my phone is connected to the USB/computer, it no longer charges when in that position-is there a Hidden file that I have unchecked that is stopping it from charging?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast