Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think you have to check some panels too. I don't know much about this app, as I am learning too. Again, I would refer you to ask these questions over at the 1SRC forum.

Here is the link:

http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141262

Stu
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    When I try to launch the default Phone app, I get crashes often.. :-/ not sure what to make of it, probably something not loaded that should be.
    Correction, my phone resets regardless now when I do Opt+Phone, but Opt+Memo for example is fine, and launching the Phone app itself is fine! Very, very bizarre.

Opt+Phone is the built-in Phone, as I use takePhone. I've tried resetting things in Butler but that didn't seem to help.. Maybe I'll try the FixButton or such tool I've seen around, but doesn't seem like that'd help here.

So I don't think my crash has anything to do with CleanStart.
    CleanStart really screwed up my 680 last night. Encountered a reset loop and now my treo has a terrible lag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    CleanStart really screwed up my 680 last night. Encountered a reset loop and now my treo has a terrible lag.
    Try a warm reset followed by a normal reset. Sometimes 'weird stuff happens' that this helps.

Or, remove the battery for 30s, then put it back in.

I've never seen something that doesn't help, unless something is corrupted. But generally if I get odd reset loops, that'll help.

Failing all, I assume you've disabled CleanStart to see if that changes anything? You'd have to do a warm reset, move the file from ram, then soft reset to truely disable it.
    I've been playing around with the settings and of course, still haven't got everything right. What I do, to ensure it doesn't mess with the Treo after a reset, when I don't want it too, is to move it to the SD card. Then when I'm ready to experiment some more, I move it back. I did notice that after trying it out, every app that I selected now looked like it ran in the background, according to the beta app Safeguard. So this is why I adopted the move to card option, so as not to mess with Safeguard either.
    Correction, my phone resets regardless now when I do Opt+Phone, but Opt+Memo for example is fine, and launching the Phone app itself is fine! Very, very bizarre.

Opt+Phone is the built-in Phone, as I use takePhone. I've tried resetting things in Butler but that didn't seem to help.. Maybe I'll try the FixButton or such tool I've seen around, but doesn't seem like that'd help here.

So I don't think my crash has anything to do with CleanStart.
    Are you using Beta 017 of TakePhone? This is a common issue with that build. You should roll back to the previous version for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Are you using Beta 017 of TakePhone? This is a common issue with that build. You should roll back to the previous version for now.
    Yeah, this is the problem.. I'm sure Shimon will fix it soon
    Yeah, this is the problem.. I'm sure Shimon will fix it soon
    And, it's fixed.
    CleanStart 0.13 beta is out, dunno what has changed.

Save your profile, uninstall (inside CleanBoot, there is a menu item for it), then install the new version and reload your profile (if necessary)
    CleanStart 0.13 beta is out, dunno what has changed.

Save your profile, uninstall (inside CleanBoot, there is a menu item for it), then install the new version and reload your profile (if necessary)
    Beta 0.13 adds DIA support. Not an issue for Treo users
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    CleanStart 1.0 is out
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/cleanstart.shtml

I really wanted to try this as my boot is molasses and I have a crapload of apps on my treo (215 icons in my launcher, although that counts ROM apps and leaves out panel apps) .

I was conservative in unchecking boxes, particularly with ROM apps. I left Always Start Panels checked though and hit Select, All all Panels for the hell of it because an earlier posting indicated it might matter.

It ended up shortening my reboot by 18%, going from 1:50 to 1:30.

I removed my battery, waited for the screen to fade and then reinserted to start the boot. I stopped the clock once it finished automatically setting the date and time and gave me control of the 5-way.

I use Sprint and the times include the time it takes to reconnect to the network.

Anyone have other ideas or apps for shortening reboot time?

I still have 90 items left checked in CleanStart. Maybe if I trim I could cut another few seconds but anyone have other ideas?
    I've got 33 ticked, not including Panels & ROM items, so does your 90 include these as well?

If not, 90 sounds a lot. You only need things that sound their own alarms, or start themselves up as required, like ringtone managers, memory managers etc.

Also, try turning everything off and seeing how long the reset takes, just as a base, because you might be chasing only a few seconds anyway.

Does your Treo reset a lot, BTW, as mine only resets rarely, so reset times are not a big issue for me. But you may have other reasons to worry, like needing to reset for different set ups ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I like your thought for the day, Chas. Mine is

I use to think I was indecisive, but I'm not so sure anymore.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12