Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    GUEss what! the lil centro has the easter egg trick on it too! just tap and draw the lil circle like the others and theres the egg!
    Where exactly do you tap? Which screen? Do you have to do it in a certain app?
    Quote Originally Posted by chimmer View Post
    Where exactly do you tap? Which screen? Do you have to do it in a certain app?
    system > prefs > power > bottom right corner above Tips button draw a circle with your stylus

you'll see a taxi drive across your screen at random times
    diane
    taxi? do you mean it will show on the same page? I see the egg....no taxi lol
    taxi will show up radomly when you use your centro/treo.
  6. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    why on earth is this appealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    why on earth is this appealing.
    I have no idea. I tried it just to see if it would work, it didn't. I'm sorta glad it didn't because I thought maybe the damned taxi would keep showing up randomly and I would not be able to stop it!
    I thought the taxi was to his house after I spend a few hours waiting for it to show up on the Centro.
    You guys have no imagination or fun in you.

For many years the taxi has been a source of fun and amusement to anyone who finds the egg. Easter eggs have been created by program & DVD developers since there were programs...and DVDs. These are things that are hidden in programs and DVDs that a tricky person puts in, and it has become sort of a puzzle for millions to figure out where they are. The taxi, very rarely is seen. When it does cross the screen, it will not distract you, but should amuse you. Google "easter eggs", and read about the inedible kind.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    The taxi, very rarely is seen. When it does cross the screen, it will not distract you, but should amuse you. Google "easter eggs", and read about the inedible kind.
    I know what easter eggs are. Let's assume for a minute that the taxi does not amuse me. If it does appear, is there a way of shutting down this particular easter egg?
    the taxi will brighten your day when it randomly zips across your screen. you will find yourself saying, "hey, taxi!" with a smile.

to turn off the easter egg, I think you just click on the egg and it will disappear.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    the taxi will brighten your day when it randomly zips across your screen. you will find yourself saying, "hey, taxi!"
    I'd rather see a naked Shania Twain zipping across my screen....any chance of that happening?
    I'm with chimmer on this one. I was amused one time back in '04 when that Taxi went sputtering across my 650 screen. Then I flattened it's tires and pulled it's spark plug wires.

Yup, put that thing out of commission.

Party poopers! I had the egg and now I can't get it back? Any idea? I got it about 5 times yesterday.
    Download your Taxi prc anytime you need to be amused....

http://www.mobilityware.com/Taxi.htm

The excitement has gone away for me...

I have been a Palm owner since the original 1000. Outside of the Taxi program that treotraveler mentions, I have never had a random taxi appear.
    Quote Originally Posted by chimmer View Post
    I'd rather see a naked Shania Twain zipping across my screen....any chance of that happening?
    So would I, but no, there is no chance.

To get rid of the egg, draw a circle around it in the opposite direction of the way you drew it to get it there in the first place.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I always turn the egg on and let the taxi zip across the screen. I have done that for the last 4 years on all of my devices.

The taxi is more "cool" than "amusing." Since I am a developer seeing the taxing reminds me of engineers' fun side.

It only passes by once or twice a month, so it isn't disruptive.

My other favorite is Sheldon, the dancing Palm tree (actually, Palm's original mascot and former logo!) in the Giraffe game.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    I have had that Taxi on all my treos and it would pop up out of the blue and randomly . I would get a kick out of it sometimes.
    Anyone working on the Shania Twain egg?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast