Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    system > prefs > power > bottom right corner above Tips button draw a circle with your stylus

you'll see a taxi drive across your screen at random times
    Sigh... I've tapped and circled and tapped and circled. No egg or taxi.
    For size and location see this screen from another thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...1&d=1193411337
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    For size and location see this screen from another thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...1&d=1193411337
    Thanks for the screenshot, but... still no luck.

I think on my model, the tap and circle motion must: turn on a hidden camera, that secretly records the user and beams it back to the programmers, so they can laugh at the pitiful user trying over and over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by star444 View Post
    Thanks for the screenshot, but... still no luck.

I think on my model, the tap and circle motion must: turn on a hidden camera, that secretly records the user and beams it back to the programmers, so they can laugh at the pitiful user trying over and over again.
    ETA: I posted too soon. I did finally get it. One definitive tap then a circle exactly where the posted picture above shows the egg should bring it up.
    I've had the taxi since my days with the 600. I've had to replace phones and of course upgraded from phone to phone and I've never had to "re-do" the egg. Apparently it crosses over in the hotsync. I still get a little kick when the taxi zig zags across the screen. It doesn't disturb what you are doing, or interfere with any program and I typically only see it maybe once or twice a week. Nothing in particularly triggers it so it is always a surprise when I see the little guy.

No, it has no real use but it a cute reminder that SOME programmer somewhere hid the egg hoping that when it was found it would make somebody smile.

It worked!

k
    Any way to still see Sheldon, the dancing palm tree? The taxi didn't do it for me either.
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed View Post
    I've had the taxi since my days with the 600. I've had to replace phones and of course upgraded from phone to phone and I've never had to "re-do" the egg. Apparently it crosses over in the hotsync. I still get a little kick when the taxi zig zags across the screen. It doesn't disturb what you are doing, or interfere with any program and I typically only see it maybe once or twice a week. Nothing in particularly triggers it so it is always a surprise when I see the little guy.

No, it has no real use but it a cute reminder that SOME programmer somewhere hid the egg hoping that when it was found it would make somebody smile.

It worked!

k
    The easter egg "activeness" is actually stored as a system preferece (and accessible from any application).

So, as long as your prefs database gets backed up, the egg will be on until you turn it off.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    The easter egg "activeness" is actually stored as a system preferece (and accessible from any application).

So, as long as your prefs database gets backed up, the egg will be on until you turn it off.

OK. . .I'll bite . . . how do I access the setting and can it be changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    OK. . .I'll bite . . . how do I access the setting and can it be changed?
    I caught a fish!!!!!

So, you get it with PrefGetPreference and set with PrefSetPreference. You pass prefAllowEasterEggs for the choice parameter and the value parameter is either 1 or 0 (on or off).
    Did you know:

Second Bite.

At what prompt do you invoke or access these settings and does PrefSetPreference allow you to increase or decrease frequency?
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I caught a fish!!!!!

So, you get it with PrefGetPreference and set with PrefSetPreference. You pass prefAllowEasterEggs for the choice parameter and the value parameter is either 1 or 0 (on or off).
    This sounds like the big one that got away to me.......

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Second Bite.

At what prompt do you invoke or access these settings and does PrefSetPreference allow you to increase or decrease frequency?
    I don't think that there is a frequency that can be set, just on or off.

I am not sure that I understand the first part of the question. Inside an application the PrefSetPreference API could be called whenever. As for a specific program to change the setting, I do not know of any.

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    This sounds like the big one that got away to me.......

awwww.....
    Did you know:

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I haven't done the Easter Egg since my Kyo 7135!! I forgot about the tap. Very important. Look forward to seeing that taxi again..
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    I just downloaded the taxi prc, and I found the egg LOL. Pretty cool stuff.

I activated the easter egg yesterday afternoon. I had never heard of it before, even though I've had 1/2 dozen palms.

Then last night on the train ride home I'm checking email, and there it went! LOL.
    With my luck I'll miss my cab when the screen is off!
    The easter egg setting also enables some secret options in programs, like the "Save Source to Memo" command in the Blazer Web Browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcombee View Post
    The easter egg setting also enables some secret options in programs, like the "Save Source to Memo" command in the Blazer Web Browser.
    I guess since I always have the easter egg on I never even noticed that some of the obscure menu options were activated by the egg.
    Did you know:

I know it's rediculous but every time I catch the cab I laugh and say "theres the cab" out loud. Gets me some strange looks. It never gets old; guess I'm just a 45 year old 5 year old.
    I love the Taxi! I've also had the easter egg on all my Palms and seeing that Taxi puttering across my screen always puts a smile on my face. I'm glad to know that the Centro also has this.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast