Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Wasn't there supposed to be a 680 rom update out that was going to add mp3 ringtones?
  2.    #2  
    Nobody knows?
    Hi time there was one with all patches and one which fixes the lag and bluetooth instability.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  4.    #5  
    Changelog:

What does this update do?

This software update provides device enhancements including improved Bluetooth® wireless performance for some headsets and car kits, audio quality, and media file functionality in Messaging. In addition, you'll get brand new features such as Push To Talk, for walkie-talkie functionality, and Microsoft's Direct Push Technology to get your latest email, appointments, and contacts sent directly to you, and more.

Push to Talk1 – With Push to Talk, you can use your Treo 680 like a walkie-talkie to talk to one person or a group of up to 29. A quick glance at your smartphone shows whether family, friends, and coworkers are available to talk before you call.
    Corporate email as it arrives2 – Have your corporate email delivered to you with Microsoft® Direct Push Technology. Accept or decline meeting invites on the go and have your work calendar updated automatically. With the ability to access your company directory wirelessly, you can quickly address an email to a colleague just by typing a few letters.
    IM on your Treo smartphone – Access your instant messaging service from AOL, Windows Live Messenger, or Yahoo! A tabbed graphical Mobile IM interface makes it easy to log in to your instant messaging accounts and quickly switch between IM communities3.
    Easy access to additional services – Easily access extra services on your Treo smartphone such as TeleNav GPS Navigator and MobiTV for watching live TV4.
    Power saving enhancements – Helps conserve battery life with improved power management and updated default system power preferences.
    Supports larger expansion cards – Carry more of your work, music, photos, and other files, with support for up to 4GB SD expansion cards (including the SDHC format), sold separately.
    Enhanced ringtone support – MP3 and other sound files purchased from the web or sent from friends can now be set as ringtones and alerts. Supported ringtone formats include MP3, AAC, AAC+, MIDI, WAV, and AMR.
    Cingular, now the new AT&T – You’ll notice updated graphics reflecting the new AT&T branding, including a new look for the Xpress Mail application.
    Three updates in one – This update incorporates three previously released software updates: Treo 680 Camera Update (January 2007), Daylight Saving Time Update (February 2007), and Treo 680 Software Update 1.09 (May 2007).
    Just updated, then tried to re-load using BackupBuddy VFS now my device is hung on the "PalmOS Powered by Access" screen. I think BackupBuddyVFS Reset mid-way through the restore, not sure why but can't get into the device at present to see. This isn't looking good so far...
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
  6.    #7  
    Did you do a hotsync just before the update? If so, just try re-sybcing it. That's what Palm suggests, anyway.
    Yep. Scary thing is, it *won't* let me go back to the prior version. A month ago I downloaded the Desktop version of the prior firmware. After "upgrading" I wanted to go back and it would not allow me to stating it was incompatible with my device.

This is not looking good at all...
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    You've never been able to go backwards on firmware. IIRC, someone came up with a way to do it a while back on the 650, but it wasn't a normal situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    You've never been able to go backwards on firmware. IIRC, someone came up with a way to do it a while back on the 650, but it wasn't a normal situation.
    All ROM upgrades I've tried in the past seemed to work fine. Major bummer, I sure need the capability now! I just hope I'm an isolated case.
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    Now AT&T have update for firmware of Treo 680 AT&T and Cingular.
    Can everybody cook rom become use for Treo 680 Unlock/ Sim Free/ International ?
    Not good results here. Got the completed message and disconnected. Endless reset loop. Hard reset. Ok. NVBackup Restore. Endless Reset Loop. Endless Reset Loop. Endless Reset Loop. Hard reset. Hotsync. Reloading apps.
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    Quote Originally Posted by jbonnot03 View Post
    Not good results here. Got the completed message and disconnected. Endless reset loop. Hard reset. Ok. NVBackup Restore. Endless Reset Loop. Endless Reset Loop. Endless Reset Loop. Hard reset. Hotsync. Reloading apps.
    I'm doing the same thing here. I'm not back in business yet. I'm concerned about several resets I've encountered thus far. Looks like it's going to be a long night...
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    ----
    Supports larger expansion cards – Carry more of your work, music, photos, and other files, with support for up to 4GB SD expansion cards (including the SDHC format), sold separately.
    ----

is that a joke?

the phone already supports 4GB and SDHC.. how bout they do an update that supports the displaying of the proper space on > 4gb cards :/
    -tgwaste
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    ----
    ----

is that a joke?

the phone already supports 4GB and SDHC.. how bout they do an update that supports the displaying of the proper space on > 4gb cards :/
    They support 4G SDHC. They previously did not. Which means they probably did some sort of change, but more likely, they did some testing and perhaps certification for support for such cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    They support 4G SDHC. They previously did not. Which means they probably did some sort of change, but more likely, they did some testing and perhaps certification for support for such cards.

and whats even MORE likely, is that they just threw that bullet point in there to make it look like they are actually doing some work.. there is nothing they could have changed to make 4GB cards work any differently.. if they would had said 8GB then we would be getting somewhere.. this is just more typical palm bullsh1t.
    -tgwaste
    So I did the firmware update and tried to sync with my PC aftewards. Now the sync will stall every time it tries to sync Calendar. I end up having to end the task of the Palm software on my PC and then cancel the sync on my 680. I waited and waited for over an hour and the sync never completes.

I haven't really ran into this problem before. So I went into the Conduit Setup in the Hotsync program on my phone. I unchecked the Calendar option and tried to sync again. I get the same result. I found the back up folder on my PC and removed the Calendar and tried again, same result.

Is this problem caused by the Firmware update?
    Well, I fixed it. I saw this thread and it hit the nail on the head.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=93534
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    and whats even MORE likely, is that they just threw that bullet point in there to make it look like they are actually doing some work.. there is nothing they could have changed to make 4GB cards work any differently.. if they would had said 8GB then we would be getting somewhere.. this is just more typical palm bullsh1t.
    No, you're just completely clueless. I already said it. It's certified now for SDHC.

It's really simple. You write the code, you certify. If you can pass certification for SD but not SDHC, you evaluate the risk and customer impact and schedule. Obviously the previous ROMs had other higher priorities. Now the SDHC code has probably been improved (I've heard SD write speeds are better) and now passes a certification.

Enough of this. You can rant about Palm in another forum, this is 680 discussion, not whining.

BTW, here's some cluefood for you to snack on: Some 8GB cards do work on the 680.
    Last edited by khaytsus; 12/15/2007 at 02:59 PM.
    So new problem. I had MobiTV installed on my 680 before I updated. After the update I now have this Get MobiTV icon. My original icon for the installed application is missing. What do I do to get the stupid Get MobiTV icon to go away? Do I need to reinstall MobiTV? If so then why is it missing in the first place? I checked the Delete option in the file menu and I don't see how to get rid of Get MobiTV.

There are a few other icons I want to get rid of after the update.

Thanks for the help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast