1.    #1  
    I setup Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003 so I can view and add appointments directly to my staff's calendars. This is a really nice feature and helps me manage my business efficiently. I'm wondering if there is a way I could view at least one of those shared calendars on my Centro using some 3rd party app? Having my calendar with me all the time is great but if I could view one of my employee's calendar too that would be perfect. I'm the only one who needs this kind of mobile access the rest of staff don't use Treo's or Centro's just Outlook and Exchange. TIA
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    If you send them meeting requests (You have to do this from your desktop) instead of sharing their calender, you'll see everyone's schedule on your calendar and your employees will only see their own, unless of course you invited a second employee to the same request and then they both will see it. I'm in hopes someone will eventually write an app to send meeting requests straight from Palm OS. Another way is to create an appointment on your Palm calendar and then email it as an attachment. Your employees can open and save it and it will be on their calendars. The down side to this is you do not get acknowledge of whether it was accepted or not and you won't see the names of the included employees unless you include them in the subject or note field.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I see what you're saying. I was hoping to actually see their calendars from my Centro. If I used meeting requests they would all be on mine and I wouldn't see if they had other appointments they had added. I guess I might be able to log on to thier calendar using OMA but I'm not really interested in seeing thier email and stuff just their calendar. I'll keep looking. Maybe something like ClearSync would work?
    I believe KeySuite will do what you want but it requires a Hotsync via cable/BT, etc. Another option is Chapura's new FolderMirror which transfers a shared calendar to a HIDDEN category in your personal calendar. If you are set up to sync via EAS, this info will be pushed to your device. You can then see those appts by going to a different category on your Treo. In both cases, though, I have not found a way to disable alarms for those calendars. So, you will get reminders (if they are set up) for everything. I think you may be able to disable ALL reminders but then you won't get for yourself.

There is also server-side software that does something similar to FolderMirror and costs $1,000 (vs. the $50 for FolderMirror). Foldermirror needs to run on your PC.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    I believe KeySuite will do what you want but it requires a Hotsync via cable/BT, etc. Another option is Chapura's new FolderMirror which transfers a shared calendar to a HIDDEN category in your personal calendar. If you are set up to sync via EAS, this info will be pushed to your device. You can then see those appts by going to a different category on your Treo. In both cases, though, I have not found a way to disable alarms for those calendars. So, you will get reminders (if they are set up) for everything. I think you may be able to disable ALL reminders but then you won't get for yourself.

There is also server-side software that does something similar to FolderMirror and costs $1,000 (vs. the $50 for FolderMirror). Foldermirror needs to run on your PC.
    This souds perfect. When I'm in Outlook 2003 my staff's calendars do not show up as folders or under public folders. Here is how I access them: I click on the Calendar button and I have the other peoples calendars listed under Other Calendars. If I put a check box next to thier names it displays their calendar next to mine. Do you know if these calendars can be synced to mine as a HIDDEN category. Their web site mentions any folder but doesn't mention this situation. I'm going to ask them but thought you might know. This is looking very promising! Thanks!
    I am not sure it will work for you that way. I think the other people's boxes must be opened when you launch Outlook for this software to see it. You can do that when outlook is closed by going to settings -> mail. One of the tabs asks if you would like to open other mailboxes at the same time. You need permissions from them to do this and, they CAN give you access to only their calendars and not their mail folders, for example.

But I am not 100% sure of the above. That is the way I do it. Best to wait for an answer from them or try it out. I am not sure if they have a demo but they honor their 30 day money back policy.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.