1.    #1  
    FYI registered users you can still get in on the beta testing if you go to asynchrony's website and sign up for beta testing. This will allow you to recieve the upgrade for free. No I don't work for the company, I'm a professor who uses my vpl for grading and on more than one occasion this program has saved my ****. Hope this helps those who want to be protected.

Jim
    As a registered user of version 1.1, I was quick to jump on the bandwagon and install this beta. Practicing safe computing, I followed their instructions to remove/disable older files and I even threw in a backup module to boot. Everything went fine until right after installation when I was propted to do the expected reset, and it froze. No type of manual reset would work, even up to a hard one. I had to remove the batteries and wait 10 minutes. Luckily, I had my Backup Module!

Or so I thought... Upon restoring from backup (containing PDABomb 1.1), I was again prompted to reset, as expected. However, upon reset, I got a Fatal Error: Fatal Exception, with no other details other than a non-functional reset button. To make a long story just a bit longer, after uncussessfully trying things like wiping my VDX clean again and installing from a three month old backup that was done prior to installing PDABomb at all with the intention of applying the backup mod over that, I eventually restored by HotSync after manually removing select databases affected by PDABomb. Once I saw that the rest of my data was back, I reinstalled PDABomb 1.1 and I'm back to where I started, if not more cautious.

Don't get me wrong: I like this product and look forward to a stable release, but until I figure out what caused my VDX to go belly up, I'll hold off for the final shipping product. Good luck!
    "So God created evil so that we'd all be really impressed when he fixed it? Sounds like Microsoft."
    - ****-richardson
    Just curious, do you have FireViewer installed on your VDX?
    Sven

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
    Originally posted by LaoTzim
    As a registered user of version 1.1, I was quick to jump on the bandwagon and install this beta. Practicing safe computing, I followed their instructions to remove/disable older files and I even threw in a backup module to boot. Everything went fine until right after installation when I was propted to do the expected reset, and it froze. No type of manual reset would work, even up to a hard one. I had to remove the batteries and wait 10 minutes. Luckily, I had my Backup Module!

Or so I thought... Upon restoring from backup (containing PDABomb 1.1), I was again prompted to reset, as expected. However, upon reset, I got a Fatal Error: Fatal Exception, with no other details other than a non-functional reset button. To make a long story just a bit longer, after uncussessfully trying things like wiping my VDX clean again and installing from a three month old backup that was done prior to installing PDABomb at all with the intention of applying the backup mod over that, I eventually restored by HotSync after manually removing select databases affected by PDABomb. Once I saw that the rest of my data was back, I reinstalled PDABomb 1.1 and I'm back to where I started, if not more cautious.

Don't get me wrong: I like this product and look forward to a stable release, but until I figure out what caused my VDX to go belly up, I'll hold off for the final shipping product. Good luck!
    I, too, installed the beta on Saturday night and so far it is working as intended! I also did a backup just in case. I don't have any hacks on my VPL. The only thing on the menu that I don't know what it is used for is "Smart".