1.    #1  
    For the rest of us outside of the USA, there are strong rumors that it's coming

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...nds-on-report/
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Doc, since palm asked you to take down the article in your blog, can you still talk about the gsm centro if we asked a few questions here in the forums?
  3.    #3  
    I am happy to answer any questions you have. Mind you all this is purely speculative and hypothetical since the device is not yet confirmed. So you may or may not choose to believe me
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Thanks Doc, please see some of my questions below :

1. Does the Centro sometimes show a 30 second delay when calling or receiving a call? This error is in the 680 and it is very annoying, especially when receiving a call.

2. How long does it take to reboot the Centro after removing the battery? The 680 takes around 100 seconds to boot up and connect to the network. Does the Centro improves the boot up time?

3. Did you try to install any IM apps (Mundu, IM+)? If so, can it last the whole day?

4. Any noticeable slowdown when scrolling through the app launcher ? The 680 sometimes have a small lag when doing the scrolling.

5. Lastly, Does the GSM centro have the new phone app as the 680 or the old 650 one ? (I think you already answered this in your blog, but I can't verify it as it is pulled down).

Thanks !
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by janric View Post
    Thanks Doc, please see some of my questions below :

1. Does the Centro sometimes show a 30 second delay when calling or receiving a call? This error is in the 680 and it is very annoying, especially when receiving a call.

2. How long does it take to reboot the Centro after removing the battery? The 680 takes around 100 seconds to boot up and connect to the network. Does the Centro improves the boot up time?

3. Did you try to install any IM apps (Mundu, IM+)? If so, can it last the whole day?

4. Any noticeable slowdown when scrolling through the app launcher ? The 680 sometimes have a small lag when doing the scrolling.

5. Lastly, Does the GSM centro have the new phone app as the 680 or the old 650 one ? (I think you already answered this in your blog, but I can't verify it as it is pulled down).

Thanks !
    1. Nope, no call delays noted thus far. The bluetooth pairing with my headset seems to be better too and very stable so far.

2. Yes, it is 1' 43" with my Treo 680 for a soft reset. With the Centro it is 45"

3. Yup. I tried Mundu IM on for most of the day and it seems to be stable

4. No lag. This little beast is very sprightly and makes the 680 look like a laggard

5. Same phone app
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Hello PalmDoc,

Can you confirm that the Centro for GSM will not have HSDPA, the GSM/AT&T 3G network capability, and thus will only have EDGE data speeds?

Thanks,
  7.    #7  
    As far as I recall, the GSM Centro will be GPRS/Edge, no 3G/HSDPA. I do not think we will ever see 3G with Garnet since my understanding is it is not possible.
    We'll see 3G/HSDPA with PalmOS II hopefully (if ever).....